Why are people so obsessed with being skinny ?

broken_one

Fear is but something to be overcome.
Jun 5, 2008
✟22,438.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Culture tells women that they need to be excessively thin to be loved by the boys.

Women fret about their assumed lack of uniformity, get thinner. And thinner.

Guys still want to have sex with girls regardless, deal with it because it really doesn't matter to most of them (most). Sex leaves girls feeling empty, they blame themselves and culture points to their weight, they lose more weight, cycle continues.

And that's about it. Not touching on manorexia right now, different (and much more sensical) deal.

Upvote 0

religious&reasonable

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Feb 16, 2011
✟8,589.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Nemerous of studies has shown that men perfer women with curves.

I can't speak for other guys, but that definitley is not true for me.

Skinny = much more attractive in almost every case (except for the extreme bulemia and anorexia situations. that's just disgusting).

But that's just me.

I might be incredibly vain (pretty sure I am), but I don't think I could ever date a Girl that was "fat" or "chubby".

Upvote 0

religious&reasonable

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Feb 16, 2011
✟8,589.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A thin woman can have curves, thank you very much.

If this post is directed at me, I'm sorry If I offended you in any way. I'm not saying they can't. it's definitley possible, but I rareley see people who have a good balance between having curves and being skinny.

I'm really trying hard not to come off like a complete jerk here (but it's probably inevitable).

Upvote 0

K9_Trainer

Unusually unusual, absolutely unpredictable
May 31, 2006
✟18,437.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
If this post is directed at me, I'm sorry If I offended you in any way. I'm not saying they can't. it's definitley possible, but I rareley see people who have a good balance between having curves and being skinny.

I'm really trying hard not to come off like a complete jerk here (but it's probably inevitable).

Nah, it wasn't at you, it was at the OP's mention of that study and separating thin women from curves.

Perhaps we need to define "curves". To me, curves are not rolls of or excessive layers of fat. A woman can be thin without having a rectangular figure.

Reactions: Rosalila
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I can't speak for other guys, but that definitley is not true for me.

Skinny = much more attractive in almost every case (except for the extreme bulemia and anorexia situations. that's just disgusting).

But that's just me.

I might be incredibly vain (pretty sure I am), but I don't think I could ever date a Girl that was "fat" or "chubby".

It is true for me, I love skinny girls and to be honest the ones that look sickly skinny are attractive to me as well. Sorry but it's true, though I'd probably not be cool with dating one unless it was only because she had wicked genetics.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Stravinsk

Neo Baroque/Rococo Classical Artist
Mar 4, 2009
Australia
✟9,955.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Politics
US-Libertarian
It not that serious. There are more impt things in life than looks . Today ,I was in the store shopping and one girl was complaining about how fat she is ,and she is like a size 2. Nemerous of studies has shown that men perfer women with curves.

I see you're living in the US. Well, I'm from there and I live now in Australia. And it seems to be the other way around - most people just don't care that they are waaayyyy overweight. If it means a little exercise and giving up fatty meats, fried foods, ice cream and junk - it's not worth it to them.

funny-fat-gigantic16.jpg

Upvote 0

K9_Trainer

Unusually unusual, absolutely unpredictable
May 31, 2006
✟18,437.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I see you're living in the US. Well, I'm from there and I live now in Australia. And it seems to be the other way around - most people just don't care that they are waaayyyy overweight. If it means a little exercise and giving up fatty meats, fried foods, ice cream and junk - it's not worth it to them.

Honestly, I'm seeing that attitude more and more here too. It's perpetuated by "Big is beautiful!" and "REAL women have curves!" and "Change what you see, not how you look".

So instead of trying to change themselves, there's just more hate towards women that are skinny and men get blamed for being superficial.

Upvote 0

Miss Spaulding

Virtus semper viridis
Jan 6, 2005
The Tropics
✟109,434.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'll never been skinny, which is perfectly fine with me. I'm big-boned, 5'7'', with a broad back, broad shoulders and what most people would call "wouldful child-bearing hips"...SO...needless to say, God prefers that I have meat on my bones.

So if most men prefer skinny gals (not critisizing, I have my own preferences too), then I guess I'll never find 'The One.' Oh well...there are worse things in life then dying an old maid. :yawn1:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Reborn_in_Christ2003

May 10, 2004
Whiteman AFB
✟8,911.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Honestly, I'm seeing that attitude more and more here too. It's perpetuated by "Big is beautiful!" and "REAL women have curves!" and "Change what you see, not how you look".

So instead of trying to change themselves, there's just more hate towards women that are skinny and men get blamed for being superficial.

This irritates me to no end. I understand that there are certain medical conditions which make it hard for a woman to maintain a healthy weight. However a lot of girls use this mentality to justify their weight no matter how unhealthy it is. Before it's said, you can be a healthy weight, and have curves, and be a little chubby. I'm at a healthy weight, and a little chubby because I drink more Dr. Pepper than I should. I don't have a problem with that. I personally like a girl that isn't extremely skinny, and have dated girls that are "chubby". If I can count your ribs by looking at you, I'm turned off.

Upvote 0

Nomarga

Nov 19, 2010
Iowa
✟16,316.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Blind post - Because skinny generally equals healthy. Bear in mind I'm not defining skinny as "nothing but bones".

This is only anecdotal, but most every time a woman I know has defined herself as "curvy" she's actually overweight and has just dressed it up with a prettier word.

My working definition of curvy would be a girl of average healthy weight that possesses a larger hip to waist (and/or chest to waist) ratio.

Upvote 0

Stravinsk

Neo Baroque/Rococo Classical Artist
Mar 4, 2009
Australia
✟9,955.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Politics
US-Libertarian

You mean like this?

Living Large - USA - YouTube

*Shudder*

Upvote 0