Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Our entire culture is self indulgent and then we believe what we want to believe.
What is a healthy lifestyle? There is plenty of info out there for those who are open to changing their patterns. Most of us are not and no one is going to tell us what to eat.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,003.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
People dont have the knowledge, strength of will, and support network that we'd like to think they do.

So they are vulnerable to habit and marketing. There's a lotta money to be made in addicting people to garbagey food.

Also, if you cant drive a car to it, its not worth doing.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,128.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

GospelS

A Daughter of Zion Seeking Her Father in Heaven!
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟453,365.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That's a big question to answer. I've been in the US before and most of the food contains unhealthy fats, processed/instant/inorganic/flavoured/preserved/synthetic foods, alcoholic beverages, inadequate spices......

Upvote 0

Pop D.

Sep 23, 2020
Oklahoma
✟163,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Another large factor in the obesity problem is the antiquated tradition of teaching our children to always "finish their plates", basically training them to be gluttons from an early age. Much better to teach them to stop eating once they've had their fill.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,003.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Another large factor in the obesity problem is the antiquated tradition of teaching our children to always "finish their plates", basically training them to be gluttons from an early age. Much better to teach them to stop eating once they've had their fill.
I can imagine that. But I dont think I ever heard those words growing up. I was always scanning everyone elses plates hoping to scavenge even more for myself.

• Haha
Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Lack of exercise and too many are overweight are probably the top two reasons.

Many are in a constant state of fatigue as well from eating too much. The body is trying to process 3 to 4 meals at any one time. Too much food overburdens the digestive system causing all sorts of problems.

Upvote 0

Gene Parmesan

Apr 4, 2017
Earth
✟36,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
One additional factor is likely urban sprawl. Most people need to drive a ways to get to almost everything. Whereas in many other countries it is common to walk to most places as a lot of what you need is nearby.

S7i2ClZ.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
One additional factor is likely urban sprawl. Most people need to drive a ways to get to almost everything. Whereas in many other countries it is common to walk to most places as a lot of what you need is nearby.

S7i2ClZ.jpg

Definitely a food desert, also an indicator of serious overpopulation, not to mention poor city planning. Traditional grid patterns give a sense of order and promotes better neighborhoods.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
because we lack self control and discipline to be healthy.

Worse yet health doesn't seem to be important to most people. This is not news however. There have been many 'health culture movements' in America over the years in a effort to get people to pay more attention to their health.

Last edited:
Upvote 0