Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The following was written by Alana M. Rosshirt in a 1958 production of Marriage: The Magazine of Catholic Family Living. Please open the pdf here to read about importance of baptizing miscarried babies, and how to do it. Also, free to print it.

Although the above pdf is the main thing that I hope you will read in this blog post, I want to mention a few more things about baptism. The following canons from the new code of Canon Law (released in 1984 under Pope John Paul II) reveal some of the most overlooked parts of the theology and practice of infant baptism. Keep in mind that that the following has nothing to do with miscarried babies. Especially pay close attention to the fact that full-term babies who are dying who have Catholic (or even non-Catholic) parents can and should be baptized by a Catholic, even a lay Catholic. (Re-read how politically-uncorrect that last sentence is, and then corroborate it in canon law below in italics.) On the other hand, living full-term babies who will not be raised Catholic (even if the parents are baptized Catholics) should not be baptized by adults.

Here’s some of the most overlooked canons on baptism, brought to my attention by canonist Mr. Marc Balestrieri JCL:

Continued below.