Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟380,271.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
You want to quote, then quote me....don't put words in my mouth.....
Guy, I quoted you by putting quotes around what you said. I still think my question is legitimate though. I wasn't even trying to insult, belittle, cajole or anything. I'm genuinely confused by your reaction to what I said.

Upvote 0

TerranceL

Sarcasm is kind of an art isn't it?
Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
The atheists are awful quiet all of a sudden.....probably hoping this whole thing will shuffle quietly off into the night......

On what planet do you life where atheist tend to let lying hypocritical preachers "shuffle quietly off into the night"?

Upvote 0

TerranceL

Sarcasm is kind of an art isn't it?
Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Did I use the word lying?

He didn't say you did. Learn how to read a sentence.

You want to quote, then quote me....don't put words in my mouth.....

He did quote you, he didn't put words in your mouth.

Why would atheists let a lying gay pastor "shuffle quietly off into the night"?

Red is his words, blue is him quoting you.

Do you have an actual issue with the pastor being called a liar or are you trying as hard as you can to distance yourself from your own words,

The atheists are awful quiet all of a sudden.....probably hoping this whole thing will shuffle quietly off into the night......

otherwise you would have taken the time to actually respond to Rambot instead of dodging and weaving.

Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

Freodin

Devout believer in a theologically different God
Mar 9, 2002
Germany, Bavaria, Middle Franconia
Visit site
✟251,479.00
Faith
Atheist
More specifically, what you claim God says.
This is always a little complicated.

Of course we, unbelievers, do not think that God said anything.

Christians have to differentiate: what did God say? What did humans speaking for God say? What did humans claiming to speak for God say? And from which source does all that come?

Based on that, there is enough leeway in the Bible to be a Christian and see nothing wrong with homosexuality at all.

On the other hand, if you were to take the strict approach of "God's commands!": there are enough topics in our modern society that are shunned by the Bible... and accepted without problems by Christians... officially here on the forums as well as in the world.

Prosperity gospel? No problem... Donald Trump is chosen by God to save America!
Fraudulent tele-evangelists or megapastors who fleece their flocks, spread conspiracy theories, paint themselves as "prophets" and "miracle workers"? Where are the church initiatives against Pat Robertson and Marc Driscoll?
"False Christians" and non-Christians promoting false Gods? As long as they hate the right out-groups, "Christians" in the USA have no problems to vote for a Mormon as the god-annointed leader of the free world.

A huge number of Christians of every denomination believes that the majority of other Christians out there are "not true Christians"... lukewarm, "worldly" or plain heretical. But where are the legal initiatives to protect the sanctity of the Holy Mass or to allow people their constitutionally guaranteed right to discriminate against SDA's or Jehova's Witnesses?

Lying? Spreading lies about other people, unrepentedly? Are these people admonished by the leaders, their followers, their community - here on the forum or out in the real world?
No, just delete / ignore whatever was said... and give them the good feeling of never having done anything wrong.

But introduce homosexuality... and a united-in-hate "Christendom" will beat you with everything they can get their hands on.

Being against homosexuality - an expression of love between humans - that is all that it takes to count as a "Christian" for some.

Last edited:
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

Archaeopteryx

Wanderer
Jul 1, 2007
✟70,740.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
This is always a little complicated.

Of course we, unbelievers, do not think that God said anything.

Christians have to differentiate: what did God say? What did humans speaking for God say? What did humans claiming to speak for God say? And from which source does all that come?

Based on that, there is enough leeway in the Bible to be a Christian and see nothing wrong with homosexuality at all.

On the other hand, if you were to take the strict approach of "God's commands!": there are enough topics in our modern society that are shunned by the Bible... and accepted without problems by Christians... officially here on the forums as well as in the world.

Prosperity gospel? No problem... Donald Trump is chosen by God to save America!
Fraudulent tele-evangelists or megapastors who fleece their flocks, spread conspiracy theories, paint themselves as "prophets" and "miracle workers"? Where are the church initiatives against Pat Robertson and Marc Driscoll?
"False Christians" and non-Christians promoting false Gods? As long as they hate the right out-groups, "Christians" in the USA have no problems to vote for a Mormon as the god-annointed leader of the free world.

A huge number of Christians of every denomination believes that the majority of other Christians out there are "not true Christians"... lukewarm, "worldly" or plain heretical. But where are the legal initiatives to protect the sanctity of the Holy Mass or to allow people their constitutionally guaranteed right to discriminate against SDA's or Jehova's Witnesses?

But introduce homosexuality... and a united-in-hate Christendom will beat you with everything they can get their hands on.

Being against homosexuality - an expression of love between humans - that is all that it takes to count as a "Christian" for some.
A huge part of the problem seems to be an unwillingness to even consider the possibility that "God's Word" doesn't really say what they think it says, or more generally, conflating hermeneutics with the text itself, or not appreciating the complexities of trying to glean meaning from scripture. Unsurprisingly, this is especially prevalent in more fundamentalist branches of Christianity, in which there is a notable anti-intellectual streak.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You're not aware that God defined what sin is in the Bible? Should Christians abandon recognizing that which God calls sin?

Have you noticed, among Christians, there seems to be a wide variety of interpretations, on how the bible defines anything?

Upvote 0

PsychoeDial

God Return To And Bless America
Mar 10, 2016
Tokyo
✟18,534.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
A man that advocates what God calls sin is not an emissary of the truth of God and his word. Rather, he's a charlatan, a liar, and one who will be quite surprised after he dies to find out God is not mocked.
This man trying to defraud Whole Foods for a few bucks is going to learn a very hard lesson I hope. Ideally his criminality would land him in a prison cell for awhile. Hopefully so as to send the message to anyone else inclined to scream victim and promote the poor-me-Hsexual agenda that claims itself under siege by intolerant retailers worthy of a lawsuit.
Not the way to pay the bills my man.

He should have done a little research to find out that Whole Foods is an inclusive enterprise and supports the Hsexual community.
I just pray his parishioners learn the details of his fraud and realize they're being ministered to by a wolf. Prayerfully, they learn this while there's still time to flee with their lives. A Satanic church exposed! At least there is the good that comes out of this expose of this false wolf using a cake as an inroad to his fraud.

Every once in a while a discussion opens up that allows Christians to see what damnation and the spirit of evil can cause someone to become.

There's nothing quite like a circle of unbelievers arguing for all they're worth what the scriptures of the Bible they don't respect does not say. And it is always without exception an argument that circles round their fallen secular behavior that they defend to the fullest and then when pressed attempt the futile argument that God's word agrees they are OK just the way they are. And it is the Christian who holds to the word that reads the Bible wrong.

Of course, what is also unmistakable is that a religion held in such contempt by that type of lost soul is the speeching ground for them, their own beliefs in worldly trappings without God, and for years. Like unto a fundamentalist evangelical mission of deconversion of the Christian faithful just in arguments sake. While reiterating what amounts to the prefereable lifestyle that embraces all that is sin.

Fascinating! Trolls as missionaries of the Antichrist perspective.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Freodin

Devout believer in a theologically different God
Mar 9, 2002
Germany, Bavaria, Middle Franconia
Visit site
✟251,479.00
Faith
Atheist
Show us the scripture where you claim God says gay is OK.
Interpretation. Are the levitical laws "God saying it", just as Paul's letter are really God's word, not Paul's? Debatable.

But let's see what Jesus (who is said to be God) had to say about homosexuality. Well, nothing. It didn't seem to be important for him.
Though he did say something about selling everything you have, giving it to the poor and following him to be "perfect".

So I assume you are typing this on a communal computer after taking a shower at a shelter for homeless people? Or in a franciscan monastary?

Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

PsychoeDial

God Return To And Bless America
Mar 10, 2016
Tokyo
✟18,534.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Interpretation. Are the levitical laws "God saying it", just as Paul's letter are really God's word, not Paul's? Debatable.
Only to an unbeliever.

But let's see what Jesus (who is said to be God) had to say about homosexuality. Well, nothing. It didn't seem to be important for him.
Though he did say something about selling everything you have, giving it to the poor and following him to be "perfect".

So I assume you are typing this on a communal computer after taking a shower at a shelter for homeless people? Or in a franciscan monastary?
The rest of your diatribe is nonsense and reveals a clear and intentional avoidance of what by this time you must know about the identity of Jesus and the word of God.

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Only to an unbeliever.

The rest of your diatribe is nonsense and reveals a clear and intentional avoidance of what by this time you must know about the identity of Jesus and the word of God.
Um, kinda looks like a defense to cognitive dissonance, there, honestly. Spin it any way you like, but Jesus never mentioned homosexuality. You can argue Paul's letters were divinely inspired all you like, but if God )Jesus) didn't personally mention it when he had the opportunity, it's hard to imagine it was important as some Christians try to make out.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟628,892.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Only to an unbeliever.

I believe, what you are descibing is called "willful ignorance".....something practiced by a great number of atheists....

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.