Site Supporter
Jul 26, 2003
Visit site
✟80,681.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hi hitch

I care ....................but

I ask you as a Brother in Christ to be more compassionate and share your understanding in a way that does not belittle people.

if you can do is I will happily post and discuss with you.

Either Way

Peace to you my brother in Christ

Upvote 0

Dee Dee Warren

Feb 11, 2003
TWeb usually
Visit site
✟246.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
Just The Facts said:
I ask you as a Brother in Christ to be more compassionate and share your understanding in a way that does not belittle people.

Where did Hitch belittle people? Are you suggesting that all ideas are equal and worthy of respect? If you are referring to the "funny hats" comment that was likely a joke.

Perhaps Hitch is being more compassionate to those who might be ensnared by this heresy? I know that is my driving force, that this not creep in unawares to Christ's Church.

Upvote 0

Just The Facts

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 26, 2003
Visit site
✟80,681.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hi Dee dee

I was speaking in general terms not this thread. Hitch asked a Question I merely answered why I do not post with him and I have seen other post the same thing.

Now this is something that I have never understood about Orthodox/ Partial preterism.

34: Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

Now as a Orthodox/partial preterist what parts of Jesus previous warnings DID NOT happen in 70 AD....................after all he said this generation.

Lets go over the points.

1……………… great tribulation so bad never to happen again...............

2……………… False Christ's

3……………. Someone in the secret chambers claiming he is Jesus

4……………. Sun Dark and Moon blood red

5………… Jesus returns ……….30: And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

6…………….post Trib rapture / IE:First Resurrection…………………31: And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

So as an Orthodox /partial preterist which of theses events did not happen in 70 AD..

What scriptural basis do you have for separating some things from “this generation” to Other things………………..it does say ALL THESE THINGS……………..Not Some of these Things……….

Upvote 0

Imblessed

Reformed Baptist with a Quaker heritage
Aug 8, 2004
Ohio
✟10,256.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Dee Dee Warren

Feb 11, 2003
TWeb usually
Visit site
✟246.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
Just The Facts said:
Now this is something that I have never understood about Orthodox/ Partial preterism.

This has been answered numerous times at TheologyWeb (assuming you are the same poster of the same name)

So as an Orthodox /partial preterist which of theses events did not happen in 70 AD..

None of them. That was easy. (hint: the Second Coming is NOT the event in that passage)

What scriptural basis do you have for separating some things from “this generation” to Other things………………..it does say ALL THESE THINGS……………..Not Some of these Things……….

A better question is for you - since the destruction of the Temple then standing is ONE of ALL of THOSE things how in the world do YOU get around separating them. I don't have a problem. You have a big one.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,752,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Dee Dee Warren said:
My testimony is very similar. You can read it here:

http://www.preteristsite.com/docs/warrenend.html#appendixa

I read your testimony....and I think to some degree it is very sad.

You start off with presenting yourself as being a 'dyed in the wool' dispensationist.....then as a new Christian in 1997. I have to question very much if you truly understood dispensationism at all. Then what do you do when coming out of depression? You turned to the teaching of men - preterists like DeMar, Gentry, Bray - who presented their view. Demar believes we are in the new heavens and new earth.

I wasn't a dispensationist until I started seriously studying prophecy through the 90's. The churches I had attended had not been dispensationist churches, nor pretrib. Premil was not taught. Some members believed there would be a future earthly kingdom and some did not. Some I now know where mild - moderate preterists. It was through studying scripture inductively that lead me to a belief that I later discovered was classic dispensationism and premillennialism. I firmly believe this was the leading of the Holy Spirit.

I don't think you should get all your views off the internet or through the teaching of men. Instead, one should stick with scripture. Nor do I believe just reading the Bible through is more meaningful that inductively studying each book in their context. Next fall, my former prophecy study group is starting a study through the Bible...inductively. It will take a number of years, but I think it will be a true blessing.

I pray that your confidence is in Jesus Christ and His sacrifice for sin, and in His power to "keep that which I've committed unto Him against that day."

Upvote 0

Justme

Senior Veteran
Jun 20, 2002
western prairies
Visit site
✟6,941.00
Faith
Christian
Hi Just the facts,

You still have trouble with the partial pret idea.

According to Dee Dee there would be no resurrection fitting into the Matthew 24 story. i.e. Daniel 12:1-3 or 1 Thess 4:15. She wrote an article about that once , it was called " If a duck can walk , a goose can skateboard " or something like that.

Justme

Upvote 0

Dee Dee Warren

Feb 11, 2003
TWeb usually
Visit site
✟246.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
FreeinChrist said:
I read your testimony....and I think to some degree it is very sad.

You start off with presenting yourself as being a 'dyed in the wool' dispensationist.....then as a new Christian in 1997

I was a dispensationalism until about 1999.

I have to question very much if you truly understood dispensationism at all.

I can assure you I do. Is it so unbelievable that someone can understand it and reject it? I have no issue with persons truly understanding my position and rejecting it.

Then what do you do when coming out of depression? You turned to the teaching of men - preterists like DeMar, Gentry, Bray - who presented their view. Demar believes we are in the new heavens and new earth.

I didn't read DeMar until about 2002. Bray I rejected. You do not know everything I did, I turned to spiritual counseling, prayer, and the Bible.

I wasn't a dispensationist until I started seriously studying prophecy through the 90's. The churches I had attended had not been dispensationist churches, nor pretrib. Premil was not taught. Some members believed there would be a future earthly kingdom and some did not. Some I now know where mild - moderate preterists. It was through studying scripture inductively that lead me to a belief that I later discovered was classic dispensationism and premillennialism. I firmly believe this was the leading of the Holy Spirit.

I wish you well on your search for truth and pray for you and ask that you pray for me.

I don't think you should get all your views off the internet or through the teaching of men. Instead, one should stick with scripture. Nor do I believe just reading the Bible through is more meaningful that inductively studying each book in their context. Next fall, my former prophecy study group is starting a study through the Bible...inductively. It will take a number of years, but I think it will be a true blessing.

I do not get all my views off the Internet, I agree that is bad. I believe my position based upon Scripture. I you doubt me I offer www.preteristsite.com/docs/warrenend.html as proof.

I pray that your confidence is in Jesus Christ and His sacrifice for sin, and in His power to "keep that which I've committed unto Him against that day."

Thank you I cherish your prayers.

Upvote 0

Dee Dee Warren

Feb 11, 2003
TWeb usually
Visit site
✟246.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
Justme said:
Hi Just the facts,

You still have trouble with the partial pret idea.

According to Dee Dee there would be no resurrection fitting into the Matthew 24 story. i.e. Daniel 12:1-3 or 1 Thess 4:15. She wrote an article about that once , it was called " If a duck can walk , a goose can skateboard " or something like that.

Justme

I have not taken a definitive rock solid position on Daniel 12 and you are incorrect about Thessalonians. That is the resurrection. Matthew 24 says nothing about a resurrection.

The article you refer to is "Is It A Duck?" located here:

http://www.tektonics.org/esch/hythere.html

It is being revised and lengthened - a draft of the new piece has been completed. The argument remains the same but additional support is added.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,752,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Dee Dee Warren said:
I was a dispensationalism until about 1999.

Two years, when a new Christian and you really understood it? hmmm...

I would hope that a new Christian would focus on things like understanding salvation, how to live a Christian life, understanding the nature of God.....all the essential doctrines, covenant, and how to live for Him.

I can assure you I do. Is it so unbelievable that someone can understand it and reject it? I have no issue with persons truly understanding my position and rejecting it.
Not if they truly understood. I am just sad that a new Christian, who has much to understand, would focus on eschatology.

I didn't read DeMar until about 2002. Bray I rejected. You do not know everything I did, I turned to spiritual counseling, prayer, and the Bible.

I am glad you rejected Bray.

I wish you well on your search for truth and pray for you and ask that you pray for me.

I do not get all my views off the Internet, I agree that is bad. I believe my position based upon Scripture. I you doubt me I offer www.preteristsite.com/docs/warrenend.html as proof.

Yeah, I checked the site.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Scholar in training

sine ira et studio
Feb 25, 2005
United States
✟15,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Just The Facts said:
Now as a Orthodox/partial preterist what parts of Jesus previous warnings DID NOT happen in 70 AD....................after all he said this generation.
The word "generation" in the passage you are referring to has also been translated as "race". Obviously not all the prophecies were fulfilled in 70 AD (people would have noticed Jesus coming back...) so whatever Jesus did mean, we know He didn't mean that the literal generation of His time would be around when the end arrived.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.