Who to vote for?

A

aniello

What a sham. To me that really sullies what Billy stood for. Or, I wonder, if this was something he was wanting to happen? That's possible. But, even though I was never particularly a Graham fan, he didn't seem like a "ride-the-waves" sort of guy. Of course, I could always be wrong. It happens.

For shame, young lady, for shame. What an odious implied set of allegations.

Ein shalom!!

Upvote 0

yedida

Ruth Messianic, joining Israel, Na'aseh v'nishma!
Oct 6, 2010
Elyria, OH
✟25,205.00
Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
For shame, young lady, for shame. What an odious implied set of allegations.

Ein shalom!!

You don't think it's bad form to decide one whole belief system is good or bad just because one person holding that belief or within that system is friendly with you? I don't think that should be done.
And I don't know whether you like Graham or not but I also said, he doesn't seem to be the kind of person who would have done that.
I stand my ground, it doesn't seem to be good form.

Upvote 0

GuardianShua

Feb 2, 2004
✟10,653.00
Faith
Bumping poll headlines.:wave:
http://www.pollheadlines.com/poll-category.php?category=obama-vs-romney
Reports are coming in about Republicans throwing Democrat voter registration applications away. Va. attorney general to probe voter fraud claim - SFGate

Donald Trump wants to make a deal with President Barack Obama.

Donald wants Obama to release his college and passport records by the end of October.

Perhaps Donald is not aware that the public already knows that the president has traveled to Muslim countries.

The Billy Graham Evangelistic Association confirmed on Tuesday that it had removed all references to Mormonism as a “cult” from its website after their founder announced his support of Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney. Billy Graham Evangelistic Association Addresses Critics on Support for Romney

Paul Ryan Poverty Speech Proposes Reforming Programs For The Poor
Huffington Post - ‎1 hour ago‎

In his first policy speech since becoming the Republican vice presidential nominee, Paul Ryan said he and Mitt Romney will restore upward mobility and fight poverty in part by limiting the federal government's commitment to safety net programs.

Safty net programs are programs such as Food stamps, Social Security, Veterans benefits, Medical programs.

Neither party truly represents Christianity. The millionaire Evangelicals are just using their congregations to advance their agenda for more personal wealth. I sure wish people were smarter.

Upvote 0

GuardianShua

Feb 2, 2004
✟10,653.00
Faith

In his first policy speech since becoming the Republican vice presidential nominee, Paul Ryan said he and Mitt Romney will restore upward mobility and fight poverty in part by limiting the federal government's commitment to safety net programs.

Safty net programs are Food stamps, Social Security, Veterans benefits, Medical programs, and so on.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟577,164.44
Faith
Messianic

Safty net programs are Food stamps, Social Security, Veterans benefits, Medical programs, and so on.
Safety net programs can be limited to those who pass the drug test.

Upvote 0

yedida

Oct 6, 2010
Elyria, OH
✟25,205.00
Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
Safety net programs can be limited to those who pass the drug test.

Yes, please explain. What drug tests? And why "pass the drug test" and not "don't pass the drug test"? I'm confused.
And I rely on those safety nets. Medicare/Medicaid seriously, and I only get $16 a month in food stamps but that does help keep us in eggs, bread, milk, etc. It's needed desperately!
Between the two of us, we are surviving on less than 1500 a month and we pay more than half that in rent. We can't even afford a MacDonald's meal out! So they start talking about cutting programs it scares the dickens out of me. Our only luxury in life is this internet, I don't even have a cell phone. (Actually don't want one, which I guess is a good thing.) :D But Romney's talk about cutting this and that is not peaceful music to my ears.
So, yeah, clarification on the drug test would be nice. Thanks.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟577,164.44
Faith
Messianic
Yes, please explain. What drug tests? And why "pass the drug test" and not "don't pass the drug test"? I'm confused.
And I rely on those safety nets. Medicare/Medicaid seriously, and I only get $16 a month in food stamps but that does help keep us in eggs, bread, milk, etc. It's needed desperately!
Between the two of us, we are surviving on less than 1500 a month and we pay more than half that in rent. We can't even afford a MacDonald's meal out! So they start talking about cutting programs it scares the dickens out of me. Our only luxury in life is this internet, I don't even have a cell phone. (Actually don't want one, which I guess is a good thing.) :D But Romney's talk about cutting this and that is not peaceful music to my ears.
So, yeah, clarification on the drug test would be nice. Thanks.
Those who drug test positive to be on illegal street drugs do not need to be on the gov doe.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yedida

Oct 6, 2010
Elyria, OH
✟25,205.00
Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
You do not have to change the current system to improve it. All you need to do is tighten up requirements. Dead people should not get to vote in any election.

Many deceased still get their SS checks too!
Yes, Michael, drug addicts get assistance, as well as medical assistance. What do you think the methadone clinics do? They trade one addiction for another and hand out the other for free. Help needs to be available but there needs to be stricter regulations.
Like the pain management group I was originally going to. All they did was ask me a few questions once a month and sent me away with enough pain meds till the next appointment. They got me hooked and didn't really do a thing for the cause of the pain. I spent a week going cold turkey and raced off the cleveland clinic main campus pain mgmt group - no pain meds, but I'm now able to leave my house. I can actually go grocery shopping!! First time in over a year!! And I don't want to lose this ability!

Upvote 0

GuardianShua

Feb 2, 2004
✟10,653.00
Faith
You do not have to change the current system to improve it. All you need to do is tighten up requirements. Dead people should not get to vote in any election.

In that case I agree. Those things have alway been illegal. But I think the Republicans have more drastic things in mind.

Upvote 0

GuardianShua

Feb 2, 2004
✟10,653.00
Faith
Many deceased still get their SS checks too!
Yes, Michael, drug addicts get assistance, as well as medical assistance. What do you think the methadone clinics do? They trade one addiction for another and hand out the other for free. Help needs to be available but there needs to be stricter regulations.
Like the pain management group I was originally going to. All they did was ask me a few questions once a month and sent me away with enough pain meds till the next appointment. They got me hooked and didn't really do a thing for the cause of the pain. I spent a week going cold turkey and raced off the cleveland clinic main campus pain mgmt group - no pain meds, but I'm now able to leave my house. I can actually go grocery shopping!! First time in over a year!! And I don't want to lose this ability!

I have no good answer for that problem. But they should get a little help quiting.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
In that case I agree. Those things have alway been illegal. But I think the Republicans have more drastic things in mind.

They should if they really want to fix the system. Most of the social programs are outside the fed's powers, and should be handed off to the states. Schools and healthcare should be a state matter also. Many of the other bureaucracies built over the years should be merged or dismantled.

Upvote 0

mishkan

There's room for YOU in the Mishkan!
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2011
Germantown, MD
Visit site
✟40,950.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have no good answer for that problem. But they should get a little help quiting.

Then you are finally beginning to see welfare in adult terms.

Social programs were invented to provide "a little help"--not to fund multi-generational dependancy while responsible citizens are taxed up to the eyeballs. And certainly not to provide a safe haven for scofflaws who knowingly violate our borders, take federal subsidies, and send the majority of that hand-out money to family in other countries.

The topics of drug dependency and illegal aliens have significant financial implications. With some 12-40 million (depending on whose numbers you accept) illegal immigrants, offering goverment subsidies, including free education, results in millions (if not billions) of dollars being diverted to foreign pockets. And lets not talk about the fact that those millions are taking away jobs Americans could be doing.

We need to stop encouraging drug addicts in their behavior, and stop subsidizing illegal immigration. Then we need to tighten up on nonsense programs that have nothing to do with government's primary tasks, as defined by the Constitution. That would involve securing the borders (!!!) and defending the nation against attack (can you say "Benghazi, Libya"?). Government does not create jobs, and it does not create any real goods--it only takes money out of the pockets of working Americans, and puts it in the pockets of irresponsible and illegal non-contributors.

"A little help" is a good way to put it. Those who truly need help, and are part of our national community, should get it. But we are waaaaay beyond offering a little help to Americans who are truly in need. American politicians are doing little more than buying the votes of short-sighted, fiscally irresponsible, people. We could save untold millions and provide jobs for several million people, if we would just follow the same rules that apply to any family--1) pay for what you purchase, and 2) if you can't afford it, you can't do it.

Upvote 0

yedida

Oct 6, 2010
Elyria, OH
✟25,205.00
Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
This ad is targeted to Catholics but the message applies to all believers.

Test of Fire: Election 2012 (Official HD Version - Catholic) - YouTube

The video was right. But the problem lies with our choices. Both are terrible and I fear neither are going to be good for this country. I'm torn between which is the lesser evil? I just don't know. There is so much mud-slinging going on between the two of them that the actual issues are getting lost at most and at least they are getting so clouded that they are not clear. :confused:

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
The video was right. But the problem lies with our choices. Both are terrible and I fear neither are going to be good for this country. I'm torn between which is the lesser evil? I just don't know. There is so much mud-slinging going on between the two of them that the actual issues are getting lost at most and at least they are getting so clouded that they are not clear. :confused:

The only things we know for sure are what have happened already. We know what Obama promised before the last election and we know what he did, at least most of us here. Can't say for Guardian, as he drank the kool-aid. :sput:

Do we want four more years of wild spending, Israel and Christian bashing and Bush blaming, or try someone else who might actually do something good?

Upvote 0