Who then, really can be saved (go to heaven)...? Is it many or few...?

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,163,374.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Who were the "few" chosen for the wedding feast? Who were the "many" called to the wedding feast?
Those dressed for a wedding. Faith and keeping His commandments. That's why the gate is "narrow" and only "few will find". We have to love Christ enough to read/hear His words He spoke to you and to me.

Upvote 0

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟305,936.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Those dressed for a wedding. Faith and keeping His commandments. That's why the gate is "narrow" and only "few will find". We have to love Christ enough to read/hear His words He spoke to you and to me.
I would disagree. The few chosen were israel, but they rejected Christ. The many are those that come from the east and west to the feast

Matthew 8:11-12 I tell you, many will come from east and west and recline at table with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven, while the sons of the kingdom will be thrown into the outer darkness. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.”

Upvote 0

JESUS=G.O.A.T

Dec 29, 2016
Houston
✟68,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
"Who then, really can be saved (go to heaven)...?" "Is it many or few...?"

The apostles asked Jesus this, and Jesus came up with a very creative way of saying he "Did not know" the answer to that question, but was up to and with the Father God alone...

Matthew 19:25-26 Mark 10:26-27 Luke 18:26-27

So, if even Jesus did not know and was not sure, what makes us think we can know...?

Jesus "hoped" that it would be many, but didn't really know this for sure, and did not know it through his entire ministry...

We would do well to keep that in mind when examining his words in the four gospels, or in the NT, cause the apostles and disciples did not know this (the ones being honest about it) either... But, they had a "hope" that it would be many, rather than few, but, just "did not know' for sure, that being up to the Father God alone...

Comments...?

God Bless!

well the size of heaven is about 1,500 square miles or so (didn't calculate this myself have checked out other experts that have done so, not to mention in some study bibles they also have the measurements, so I would say few
'

revelations 21 KJV

15 And he that talked with me had a golden reed to measure the city, and the gates thereof, and the wall thereof.

16 And the city lieth foursquare, and the length is as large as the breadth: and he measured the city with the reed, twelve thousand furlongs. The length and the breadth and the height of it are equal.

17 And he measured the wall thereof, an hundred and forty and four cubits, according to the measure of a man, that is, of the angel.

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

It is Estimated: nearly 108 Billion People have ever been born and lived on the earth.
Currently Estimated: about 7 Billion People ARE living on the earth.

There is no way to KNOW or project an estimation of HOW MANY of the estimated 108
Billion WERE Saved or HOW many WILL BE born and saved; BEFORE the Lord returns.

But we have Scripture that teaches us it is FEW; not an equal half and half; and not MANY of the total.

The apostles asked Jesus this, and Jesus came up with a very creative way of saying he "Did not know" the answer to that question, but was up to and with the Father God alone...

Go to the Lesson -
Discover WHEN the disciples ASKED "JESUS" this question.

Discover the disciples ASKED "JESUS" this question; BEFORE they understood He IS the Christ.

Then go to the Lesson -
Discover WHEN the disciples discovered "JESUS" is the Christ.

Discover the disciples THEN KNEW - Christ Jesus KNOWS "ALL THINGS".

Point being - Jesus did not come to earth to REVEAL "all things" to men.
Point being - Once Jesus was REVEALED, He IS the Christ - a believer SHOULD then KNOW Christ Jesus DOES KNOW ALL THINGS -

The Lesson is; MEN have a learning process - They can LEARN ABOUT Jesus - BUT until they "KNOW Christ" - they can not "KNOW" Jesus.

It was once the disciples "KNEW CHRIST", that they "KNEW" Jesus - and THEN - why they had no reason to DOUBT and CHALLENGE and QUESTION JESUS -
The disciples simply reveal - THEY came into KNOWING - Christ Jesus KNOWS ALL THINGS. And THAT is the same lesson we are supposed to LEARN and CONCLUDE.

John 16
[30] Now are we sure that thou knowest all things, and needest not that any man should ask thee: by this we believe that thou camest forth from God.

1John.2
  1. [20] But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.

So, if even Jesus did not know and was not sure, what makes us think we can know...?

We have no need to know a NUMBER. Christ Jesus knows ALL things. He KNOWS ALL THINGS.

You did not study further. Continue and discover NOT ONLY what the disciples believed at ONE TIME....but discover their testimony of what changed and they NOW believe.

Jesus "hoped" that it would be many, but didn't really know this for sure, and did not know it through his entire ministry...

Christ Jesus NOT revealing to mankind a concrete NUMBER, simply means a concrete NUMBER is not relevant information for US to know. It does not mean Christ Jesus does not KNOW.

God also numbers the hair on EVERY mans Head. But God has NO obligation or need to reveal to mankind WHAT that NUMBER IS.

We would do well to keep that in mind when examining his words in the four gospels, or in the NT, cause the apostles and disciples did not know this (the ones being honest about it) either... But, they had a "hope" that it would be many, rather than few, but, just "did not know' for sure, that being up to the Father God alone...

Comments...?

You are raising an issue, that has ALREADY been resolved.

At first, while the disciples were Learning ABOUT Jesus, they asked Him questions, that they had NO NEED TO KNOW the answer.

Jesus did not come to TEACH men mathematical calculations.

Jesus came to TEACH men HOW MEN can become SAVED. HOW MANY shall be saved; is irrelevant for a man to know.

Later, WHEN the disciples LearnED Jesus IS the All Knowing Christ - You apparently did not realize what you are wondering about was resolved. The disciples NO LONGER wondered - but flat out revealed they BELIEVED Christ Jesus IS ALL KNOWING.

Thus what they thought BEFORE is moot.

God Bless,
SBC

• Informative
Reactions: Winken
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,163,374.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would disagree. The few chosen were israel, but they rejected Christ. The many are those that come from the east and west to the feast

Matthew 8:11-12 I tell you, many will come from east and west and recline at table with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven, while the sons of the kingdom will be thrown into the outer darkness. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.”

I think the narrow gate passage has context. Let us both go back and read full chapters to see. The sermon on the mount starts in chapter 5, yes? So the context is chapters 5 through 7, but read to see. Even if it takes days to digest, his words are forever, even in the new heaven and new Earth. So they are worth all the time they require, no matter how long, hours or days.

Already in chapter 5 (Matthew) I see how narrow the path is.... Consider:
41 "If anyone forces you to go one mile, go with them two miles."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

toLiJC

Jun 18, 2012
✟35,877.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Comments...?

God Bless!

Jesus knew the answer and said it, namely the fact that the One Who is really the true God can save all humans/souls, while humans can't, which means the more humans believe in Him, the more He could save the world as soon as possible...

Blessings

Upvote 0

disciple1

Aug 1, 2012
✟62,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Comments...?

God Bless!
1 Peter chapter 4 verse 8
Love covers a great many sins.
Galatians chapter 5 verse 6
The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself in love.

But very few love, they think it's about the law, or they think it's both and if you think it's about the law at all, from what I read in Galatians chapter 5 verse 4, Christ didn't die for you.

Romans chapter 4
13 It was not through the law that Abraham and his offspring received the promise that he would be heir of the world, but through the righteousness that comes by faith. 14 For if those who depend on the law are heirs, faith means nothing and the promise is worthless, 15 because the law brings wrath. And where there is no law there is no transgression.

Upvote 0

cordie

Jul 21, 2015
✟9,972.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The same argument made since time eternal. First heaven is a state of being, not a place. There is no time. God does not distinguish based on skin color, ethnicity, religion, etc. All human beings are fallible that is just a given. Forums like this tend to spook people on oh God will throw out everyone because they sin. Hey folks Moses killed a man. Do you think he is in hell? I think not. Apostles were sinners-are they in hell. Oh Judas. Known only but to God. I think a more sensible reaction to the question is this: the measuring stick is those who try to usurp the power & omniscience of God would be considered outside the realm of God's garden. Remember all those vampire movies.

Upvote 0

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟305,936.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think the narrow gate passage has context. Let us both go back and read full chapters to see. The sermon on the mount starts in chapter 5, yes? So the context is chapters 5 through 7, but read to see. Even if it takes days to digest, his words are forever, even in the new heaven and new Earth. So they are worth all the time they require, no matter how long, hours or days.

Already in chapter 5 (Matthew) I see how narrow the path is.... Consider:
41 "If anyone forces you to go one mile, go with them two miles."
I thought we were talking about Matthew 22, which talks about the "few chosen" and "many called" the context of Matthew 22 is the destruction of Israel

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,163,374.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I thought we were talking about Matthew 22, which talks about the "few chosen" and "many called" the context of Matthew 22 is the destruction of Israel
Ok. I was focusing on the narrow road, Matthew 7. "Few" will find it!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟305,936.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟962,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I've been over and over the scriptures, and, as far as I can tell, besides believing in Christ, and living up to your own personal responsibility of accurate knowledge to that effect (which will be different for everyone that only God alone can know and judge) Besides that, the one and only thing that matters other than that is: "How did you love" in response to what you came to believe and know...

So, the dividing line, other than believing, ect (stated above), the dividing line will be your response to that, and that will be "Love", or how did you love while you were here...

Will your heart remain open, regardless of what has happened to you... Will your heart still be warm and open...? Will you love free from hypocrisy, not showing partiality... Will you show it by your actions, conduct, and behavior... Proving it has changed you and you have truly become a "born again child of the Most High God, that "is Love"...

I've read and listened to the scriptures many times over, and as far as I can tell, this has been my conclusion every time...

So, will this be many or few...?

How does sin factor into this...?

God Bless!

• Optimistic
Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,163,374.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Right, but my original question was to you was about Matthew 22, because you quoted it

Ok. While the narrow road is to the main question, I'll be looking at Matthew 22 again also soon.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,163,374.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Right, but my original question was to you was about Matthew 22, because you quoted it
Ok, read again. While originally for Israel only, now the wedding is for all who would... enter the narrow gate -- "few". Many invited...few chosen. If not dressed, ejected.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Aseyesee

Apr 18, 2017
Norfolk, Virginia
✟59,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Comments...?

God Bless!

"For the Father judgeth no man ..."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟305,936.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ok, read again. While originally for Israel only, now the wedding is for all who would... enter the narrow gate -- "few". Many invited...few chosen. If not dressed, ejected.
This assessment does not make sense with the parable. Many entered the wedding feast, but only 1 was kicked out.

• Friendly
Reactions: Aseyesee
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟962,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
"For the Father judgeth no man ..."
But has committed all judging to the Son...

And then Jesus says "I judge no one, yet if I do judge, my judgment is righteous and right (correct, just)..."

Upvote 0

Aseyesee

Apr 18, 2017
Norfolk, Virginia
✟59,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But has committed all judging to the Son...

And then Jesus says "I judge no one, yet if I do judge, my judgment is righteous and right (correct, just)..."

So no one judges anyone which brings about a correct judgment.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,163,374.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This assessment does not make sense with the parable. Many entered the wedding feast, but only 1 was kicked out.

Reading through the entire parable, from the start, without deciding ahead of time, and keeping truly listening and only wanting to hear what He means, it helps. In modern times we have too much doctrine to the level that doctrine becomes a distraction, and we just need to get the messages He says in His words. We each should strive to try to lay aside every conception we would bring, and let Him do all of the talking, and us only listening, and allowing the profound epiphanies of His Words to us.

Reactions: Aseyesee
Upvote 0