Who Shall Separate Us From The Love Of Chsirt ?

Walter and Deborah

Feb 10, 2015
U.S.A.
Visit site
✟189,580.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Tuesday 12-10-19, Kislev 13, 5780 3rd. day of the weekly cycle, 79th. Fall day,

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?

Romans Eight:31-39 King James Version (KJV)

The Spirit Assures Of Final Victory:

31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.

37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

• Agree
Reactions: Lazarus Short

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
For a while, disciples walked together with Jesus, as He trained and taught them and showed them how to live.
He never took away their choice though - their free will.
So, as so often happens, many of His disciples choose to walk away from Jesus. He was right there! Always telling them the TRUTH perfectly, as the Father directed, and 'loving' (not feelings nor emotions, but doing as the Father Says) all the disciples perfectly. Always doing what is best for them each individually and all together, always as the Father Directs.

The Father never took away their free will. Their choice. Their ability to choose to leave , and then to leave.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
For a while, disciples walked together with Jesus, as He trained and taught them and showed them how to live.
So, as so often happens, many of His disciples choose to walk away from Jesus. He was right there! Always telling them the TRUTH perfectly, as the Father directed, and 'loving' (not feelings nor emotions, but doing as the Father Says) all the disciples perfectly. Always doing what is best for them each individually and all together, always as the Father Directs.

The Father never took away their free will. Their choice. Their ability to choose to leave , and then to leave.
39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

The only thing that can separate us from God aparently is us.

Personaly I don't believe that.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi, Walter and Deborah :)

Before you have quoted how nothing can separate us from God's love, you have put in some context which says >

God wants to "freely give us all things".

No one can condemn us. Because "It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us."

Yes, Jesus Himself is making "intercession for us".

And Jesus prays for us according to His faith.

And then we have how nothing can separate us from God and His love.

And I note how Paul says "we" and "us" and "our", all through this scripture > this is for us together as one, not for only certain hero super-spiritual individuals by themselves!

In God's love we are in God's almighty power to keep us safe, inside ourselves especially.

"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love." (1 John 4:18)

And "we are more than conquerors"; so we have ways and methods which can do more and better than what conquerors can do with their methods. In our Creator's love we have God's creativity which He shares with us :)

Upvote 0

Walter and Deborah

Feb 10, 2015
U.S.A.
Visit site
✟189,580.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Hi, Walter and Deborah :)

Before you have quoted how nothing can separate us from God's love, you have put in some context which says >

God wants to "freely give us all things".

No one can condemn us. Because "It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us."

Yes, Jesus Himself is making "intercession for us".

And Jesus prays for us according to His faith.

And then we have how nothing can separate us from God and His love.

And I note how Paul says "we" and "us" and "our", all through this scripture > this is for us together as one, not for only certain hero super-spiritual individuals by themselves!

In God's love we are in God's almighty power to keep us safe, inside ourselves especially.

"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love." (1 John 4:18)

And "we are more than conquerors"; so we have ways and methods which can do more and better than what conquerors can do with their methods. In our Creator's love we have God's creativity which He shares with us :)
:amen: John 15:7-8 King James Version (KJV) 7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. 8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples. King James Version (KJV) :clap:

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: com7fy8
Upvote 0

tdidymas

Aug 28, 2014
Houston, TX
✟163,485.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

You have a theory that you can separate yourself from God. I have a theory that I cannot separate myself from God, if indeed we both are reconciled with Him through Christ. Two opposing theories.

Let's then do a scientific experiment to put our theories to the test: I'll stay with God to prove my theory correct, and you separate yourself from God to prove your theory is correct.

But if you don't separate yourself from God, then you don't prove your theory, but rather you prove my theory as correct. Do you care to participate in this experiment?
TD:)

Upvote 0

tdidymas

Aug 28, 2014
Houston, TX
✟163,485.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I don't work on theory.

Whoever < whoever < whoever trusts not Jesus, has not life.

Your theory is the conclusion you come to after reading scripture. The fact that you say "Personally that's your choice to believe or not, to move away or not, to stay or not," when the scripture says no such thing, this is your conclusion, your interpretation, and your theory about what it means and how to apply it to yourself. Therefore, you work on theory as a practice.

And you can believe whatever you want to. You can believe the moon is made of cheese if you want, but it doesn't make it true. My point in saying let's test our theories is that if you really are reconciled to God, you will do everything in your power to disprove the theory that you can walk away from God. If you want to prove yourself right, then go ahead and shipwreck your faith and sear your conscience. But my expectation is that this will never happen, and this is my interpretation of Rom. 8:38-39.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tdidymas

Aug 28, 2014
Houston, TX
✟163,485.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Not permitted.

Interpret means:
to give or provide the meaning of; explain; explicate; elucidate
to construe or understand in a particular way

Your interpretation is your understanding of what you are reading or quoting. If you quote a verse of scripture in defense of an idea, you are saying by implication that you believe that verse supports the idea you are defending, and therefore the idea you are defending is your interpretation of that verse.

I challenge you to get clear about the definition of interpretation and to reread what you wrote above in context.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.