b&wpac4

Trying to stay away
Sep 21, 2008
✟25,295.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Engaged
If you can't understand as to how this relates to the downward spiral of this country, God help us all.

Could you please describe what you mean by "the downward spiral of this country"? The statement is just too vague to be understood.

Upvote 0

achristiantech

Saved by Grace
Dec 5, 2005
Heaven's little two acres
✟308.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Well, I'm not sure that changing your mind automatically makes you a hypocrite. Now, calling yourself prolife and a compassionate conservative and then starting a war that is at best pointless that results in the deaths of hundreds of thousands of Iraqis, that's some good old fashioned American hypocrisy.

Your opinion, not shared by me. The majority of the deaths of Iraqis and others was and is at the hand of their own people and outside agitators not American forces. Old fashioned American hypocrisy as you called it has fought for, bled, fed, and freed millions of people across this globe in our short history.

Upvote 0

achristiantech

Saved by Grace
Dec 5, 2005
✟308.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Could you please describe what you mean by "the downward spiral of this country"? The statement is just too vague to be understood.

As I suggested, God help us that you and others don't understand basic simplistic points, rather you need from another something a google search or commonsense should have provided you. Better than I can define it; a couple of links below put meat into the statement.

Not sure why the 1st link tries to open a video. Just click on the link at the top of the image.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=c23_1193684669

America's Downward Spiral | ONUG.US

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The Nihilist

Contributor
Sep 14, 2006
✟16,289.00
Faith
Atheist
Your opinion, not shared by me. The majority of the deaths of Iraqis and others was and is at the hand of their own people and outside agitators not American forces. Old fashioned American hypocrisy as you called it has fought for, bled, fed, and freed millions of people across this globe in our short history.
Some of what you said maybe be related to the truth, but many more Iraqis started dying once we showed up.
I'm not sure what your last sentence means. Are you saying that all wars are unjustified and hypocritical? Because that is not my position.

Upvote 0

b&wpac4

Trying to stay away
Sep 21, 2008
✟25,295.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Engaged
As I suggested, God help us that you and others don't understand basic simplistic points, rather you need from another something a google search or commonsense should have provided you. Better than I can define it; a couple of links below put meat into the statement.

Not sure why the 1st link tries to open a video. Just click on the link at the top of the image.

I find the Star of David in the logo of the page you linked to be offensive. Odd that it's there when the rest of the page is all about Christian activities.

Also, don't imply that I lack intelligence. I was asking what YOUR definition was, can Google index your brain and give me the results? Doubtful.

Upvote 0

The Nihilist

Contributor
Sep 14, 2006
✟16,289.00
Faith
Atheist

LiveLeak.com - The Country's Downward Spiral is Completely Out of Control

America's Downward Spiral | ONUG.US
The link you've provided seems to be a site run by crazy people who are too busy fashioning tin foil hats to participate in civil society. I can't take your positions seriously anymore, so I'm finished with this thread.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JustMeSee

Contributor
Feb 9, 2008
In my living room.
✟23,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
A West Virginia mother was shocked when a local circuit judge and afamily court judge ordered her to share custody of her four-year-old daughter with two of the girl’s babysitters.

I am interested in reading the details of this story. I failed to find it in a search.

Upvote 0

achristiantech

Saved by Grace
Dec 5, 2005
✟308.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Some of what you said maybe be related to the truth, but many more Iraqis started dying once we showed up.
I'm not sure what your last sentence means. Are you saying that all wars are unjustified and hypocritical? Because that is not my position.

Prior to the current Iraqi war, nearly 300,000 Iraqis died when Saddam invaded Iran; 500,000-1,000,000 died during Saddam's reign. Since this latest war began there is no agency that keeps track of accurate numbers of Iraqis killed. However the range of Iraqi deaths varies from 115,000 to 500,000 depending on what source of information one would accept as most truthful. As you know many sources have a bias one way or the other and those numbers are suspect. Suffice it to say, that even one civilian death is too many, however wars do occur and people die. If one were to suggest that if Saddam had stayed in power that less Iraqi's would have died that is conjecture. You must also know that many of other nearby countries died because of Saddam's expansionist ideology.

One last comment. Whatever the actual count of Iraqi deaths are the majority of deaths were/are at the hand of infighting by the Sunni and Shiite Muslims and other tribes, terrorists and suicide bombers, not by American and coalition partners.

I am not suggesting anything of the sort about your view that any or all wars are justified or not nor that you are a hypocrite. I believe there are times that war is justified and must end in a surrender of one, a victory by another. These last few wars America has been involved in has not met this criteria, hence our continued involvement as we fight against the evil of this world.

Upvote 0

achristiantech

Saved by Grace
Dec 5, 2005
✟308.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I find the Star of David in the logo of the page you linked to be offensive. Odd that it's there when the rest of the page is all about Christian activities.

Also, don't imply that I lack intelligence. I was asking what YOUR definition was, can Google index your brain and give me the results? Doubtful.

I wasn't implying your lack of intelligence, I was implying your non-acceptance of my earlier explanation (and examples) and sources that I use to affirm my position.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

achristiantech

Saved by Grace
Dec 5, 2005
✟308.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The link you've provided seems to be a site run by crazy people who are too busy fashioning tin foil hats to participate in civil society. I can't take your positions seriously anymore, so I'm finished with this thread.

Again, your opinion and your right to do as you please.

Upvote 0

b&wpac4

Trying to stay away
Sep 21, 2008
✟25,295.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Engaged
I wasn't implying your lack of intelligence, I was implying your non-acceptance of my earlier explanation (and examples) and sources that I use to affirm my position.

From your previous post:
God help us that you and others don't understand basic simplistic points, rather you need from another something a google search or commonsense should have provided you.
I don't understand basic simplistic points and I, seemingly, lack common sense to see your points, yet you say you were not implying a lack of intelligence. I think you'll find that you did imply such a lack.

Your site also doesn't seem to understand the Jewish audience it is attempting to incite. Just a hint for you: Using the New Testament texts to ask Jews to do something is like asking a Christian to do something on the basis of the Book of Mormon. That's one of the reasons I say that the Star of David being on that site is offensive.

If you would like to apologize for your insult of me previous, I would appreciate it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

achristiantech

Saved by Grace
Dec 5, 2005
✟308.00
Faith
Non-Denom
If you would like to apologize for your insult of me previous, I would appreciate it.

I certainly will apologize. I meant no insult. Yet, I still can't understand why people can't figure out what "downward spiral" means in reference to Ted Kennedy's part in American politics and personal behavior toward others and the example he has set for our youth.

Upvote 0

b&wpac4

Trying to stay away
Sep 21, 2008
✟25,295.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Engaged
I certainly will apologize. I meant no insult. Yet, I still can't understand why people can't figure out what "downward spiral" means in reference to Ted Kennedy's part in American politics and personal behavior toward others and the example he has set for our youth.

I was simply asking you to explain what this downward spiral was as I understand what you mean by the phrase. I just find it to be an overreaction of people to say we are on a downward spiral. I bet I could find you articles from the 30s, 40s, 50s, 90s that all speak of a downward spiral, and yet here we sit, still enjoying the freedom that the country was founded upon.

I despise the argument that somehow Christians are being oppressed. It is utterly unfounded in fact. The true argument is that Christians may no longer experience an aboundance of privileges in the nation and are being pulled back down to the rest of the groups, but that is not oppression.

Upvote 0

achristiantech

Saved by Grace
Dec 5, 2005
✟308.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I was simply asking you to explain what this downward spiral was as I understand what you mean by the phrase. I just find it to be an overreaction of people to say we are on a downward spiral. I bet I could find you articles from the 30s, 40s, 50s, 90s that all speak of a downward spiral, and yet here we sit, still enjoying the freedom that the country was founded upon.

I despise the argument that somehow Christians are being oppressed. It is utterly unfounded in fact. The true argument is that Christians may no longer experience an aboundance of privileges in the nation and are being pulled back down to the rest of the groups, but that is not oppression.

Somewhere amongst my postings you find an argument from me that Christians are being oppressed? Rather than you feeling Christians have "had an abundance of privileges and should be pulled down to the rest of the groups", wouldn't it have been better stated to suggest that we lift up the rest of the groups toward this abundance of privileges? Not that I agree with your surmising, I don't.

We still are enjoying the freedoms that this country was founded on, however a close inspection and retrospection of our past as opposed to the direction this country is headed under the present Administration would lead one to conclude "this ain't so for long".

Paraphrasing what was mentioned before why should America be pulled down to the rest of the world when it would be better to lift up the rest of the world? Which I must say America has taken the lead on in most every aspect known to man.

Do we standup for America and our ways or denigrate America to the point that others (Americans included) would forget the major contributions we have made around the world? Making right what was/is wrong. Rather than focusing on the errors of our ways that is the mark of a free society that makes mistakes, but is good enough to attempt to rectify the situation despite the hostility and pessimism of the "America can do no right" crowd.

Yes, every generation has spoken of the downward spiral, it just so happens that the downward spiral trend is growing greater with much more clamity as a result and a division of it's people unlike anything seen since the Civil War. But for the Christian, there is Hope. I can't speak for the others.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

b&wpac4

Trying to stay away
Sep 21, 2008
✟25,295.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Engaged
Somewhere amongst my postings you find an argument from me that Christians are being oppressed? Rather than you feeling Christians have "had an abundance of privileges and should be pulled down to the rest of the groups", wouldn't it have been better stated to suggest that we lift up the rest of the groups toward this abundance of privileges? Not that I agree with your surmising, I don't.

I read the page you linked. I read other links on the same website. It fits the "Help, Help We're Being Repressed" nonsense that, as I said previous, I despise.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.