Who raped who? Rape Testimony Stuns State

lawtonfogle

My solace my terror, my terror my solace.
Apr 20, 2005
✟13,892.00
Faith
Christian
Rape testimony stuns state | WSBT - News, Weather, Sports South Bend | Local News

The state abruptly dismissed its case Tuesday against a 26-year-old woman accused of having sex with teenage boys after testimony indicated the defendant may have been gang-raped by the teens.
Smith said she had told investigators since the beginning that she had been raped by the young men.
"They didn't believe me," she said.
So are these teens young children who don't want anything to do with sex so much so a woman who might have chosen to have sex with them is a felon and should face charges of child rape and life enrollment on the sex offender list, or are these young teens men who want sex so much so they gang raped an innocent woman?

I have heard of he said/she said making it hard to figure out if rape actually happened, but in this case, they know raped happened, they just haven't a clue who raped who. I honestly don't hope they charge the teens as adults, considering the woman has already been charged with child molestation, even if charges have since been dropped.

In the end, nothing might ever be done because while someone raped someone, they haven't a clue who. I have a feeling though that there wasn't a child molester moral panic nor statutory rape laws, then they would have already determined if the woman was raped or not. Thanks to those laws, we may very well have a group of gang rapist get off free.

Beechwell

Glücksdrache
Sep 2, 2009
Göttingen
✟8,677.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
I find this whole idea of identifying sex with minors with rape disgusting. It's society closing their eyes to the reality of sexual identity of teenages, wanting to see innocent kids in them. I'm tempted to see such horrible rapes commited by young boys as a direct result of this attitude, but maybe I'm overinterpretating here.

Male teenagers certainly do want to have sex, there is no ignoring that. I'm still uncertain about younger teenage girls.
Of course that doesn't mean I find it ok for adults to have sex with young teenagers; they still generally lack the emotional maturity to comprehend the social and emotional consequences.

Upvote 0

Skaloop

Agnostic atheist, pro-choice anti-abortion
May 10, 2006
Burnaby
Visit site
✟29,046.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-NDP
Just thinking, this would make a very interesting SVU episode. Though if I were the director, I might switch the genders involved to work off of people's stereotypes more.

I think SVU already did something on a he said/she said rape case. They left it very ambiguous as to what happened and who was guilty, and there was evidence pointing both ways, and then they had the ending "dun-dun" just before the verdict was read, so there was no real resolution. Good episode, that one.

Ah, here it is: "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" Doubt (TV episode 2004) - IMDb

Called "Doubt". They apparently had an online poll afterwards to see who viewers considered to be guilty; they found in favour of the defendant (the man).

Upvote 0

lawtonfogle

My solace my terror, my terror my solace.
Apr 20, 2005
✟13,892.00
Faith
Christian
I think SVU already did something on a he said/she said rape case. They left it very ambiguous as to what happened and who was guilty, and there was evidence pointing both ways, and then they had the ending "dun-dun" just before the verdict was read, so there was no real resolution. Good episode, that one.

I saw that one. But that was a question if rape even happened. This would be a he said/ she said/ they said that would surpass even that episode, because in this case, rape did happen.

Either the boys raped her, or they didn't. If they didn't, that means she raped (well, statutory) them. It has to be one or the other. There is no question IF raped happened, just total confusion as to who the rapist is.

Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Why is this a shock? Are people these days that out of touch with reality? Go volunteer at an inner city school somewhere and you'll have an entirely different perspective on the supposed innocence of teens. I teach kids in this age range, and I can tell you that I believe she was raped. I have personally witnessed boys sexually harassing a student teacher, as well as other female teachers over the years. Without fail, the boys who do these things come from very messed up and disordered homes.

Upvote 0