• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

who knows what jesus is saying?

Discussion in 'Christian Scriptures' started by lambofgod43985889, Aug 25, 2019.

1. lambofgod43985889

lambofgod43985889 Active Member Supporter

+136
    Argentina
    Protestant
    Private
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Vicky gould

Vicky gould Shekinah Supporter

+116
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    What The Written Law that was old and passing away was not meant to hold the Good News. Where there is Law there can be no Grace and where there is Grace there can be no Law. The written Law was given not to guide Israel or the Gentiles after them. The Law can do nothing but condemn. If we look in 1 Cor. 15; 56 we are told something very important for all who want to believe the Law gives sin its power to be sin. This is not a claim that the Law is responsible for sin. The Law is like the red cape the bullfighter uses to causes the bull who is already a bull to act completely bullish

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. com7fy8

com7fy8 Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,381
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Jesus says a new piece of cloth patch on an old garment will tear the old garment apart. This is because the new cloth is too strong for the old garment.

So . . . like this, a human in one's own nature can not be attached to the Holy Spirit and become loving but will fall apart . . . unless the Holy Spirit changes the person's nature to be strong in Jesus, so the person can be filled with love and live without fear.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. D.A. Wright

D.A. Wright Once For All-ist Supporter

+246
    United States
    SDA
    Married
    US-Others
    Buffalo Bagels

5. Vicky gould

Vicky gould Shekinah Supporter

+116
    United States
    Christian
    Married

Just want to understand are you saying you have perfect obedience to His Law. That means you are without sin. In that case Our Lord died for nothing. Only one Man ever had perfect obedience and He was our Passover Lamb Jesus Christ. If I misunderstood please excuse me.

6. Tolworth John

Tolworth John Well-Known Member

+2,086
    United Kingdom
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Your passage is part way through one account and has two complete accounts ofmiraculus healing.

Which passage are you questioning?

7. JIMINZ

JIMINZ Well-Known Member

+1,644
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    I don't know why you have asked your question for all of those verses because they do not go together, and there isn't any context to understand them connected the way you are trying .

So, I will attempt to give you two understandings, one for each, if I can.

FIRST.

These verses are not connected with anything else around it, meaning where these verses appear in the text, they are just random things Jesus said that are being recorded by Matthew, I doubt very seriously, if He actually said all of those things at that one time.

Mat 9:16,17
    16) No man putteth a piece of new cloth unto an old garment, for that which is put in to fill it up taketh from the garment, and the rent is made worse.
    17) Neither do men put new wine into old bottles: else the bottles break, and the wine runneth out, and the bottles perish: but they put new wine into new bottles, and both are preserved.

Jesus was explaining the time was coming and how a Person becoming a Believer would be receiving the Holy Spirit, thus the reference to the (New Bottles) (New Wine Skins) which denote the Vessel which is going to be used to hold the New Wine, must be New as well.

NEW:
    GREEK
    G3501
    νέος, νεώτερος
    neos neōteros
    neh'-os, neh-o'-ter-os
    A primary word, including the comparative (second form); “new”, that is, (of persons) youthful, or (of things) fresh; figuratively regenerate: - new, young.

Jesus said.

John 3:3
    Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

John 3:7
    Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Peter said.

1 Pet. 1:23
    Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Therefore what we see is, Jesus saying we must be Born Again (Regenerated)
    and Peter saying (How), it's through the Receiving the Indwelling of the Holy Spirit.

Therefore through the Process of Baptism, we as Believers become Born Again (Regenerated unto Newness of Life in Christ) we become the Vessels fitted for the Holy Spirit (The New Wine)

The People said this.

Acts 2:13
    Others mocking said, These men are full of new wine.

New wine is a reference to the Holy Spirit, the mockers were right when they said what they did, but didn't realize what they were actually saying.

Then Peter said........Confirming the Reference just made by the mockers.

Act 2:16,17
    16) But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;
    17) And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

Do you now need anything other than what I have posted?

The two stories in Mat. 9:18-26 do not relate to what Jesus was saying about the Wine Bottles.