Who is the Father God Jesus spoke of...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

John 1:18- "No man hath seen God (the Father) at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him."

John 5:37- "And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.

John 6:46- "Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father."

And who is he (Jesus) in relation to him...?

Comments...?

I'll give you a clue, he cannot be the, or any God that we, or any of us have seen and/or heard from... (Cause that is/was Christ)...

But the only way to know or see that Father God or know him, is by and through Christ and the God that we have seen and/or heard from...

God Bless!

Drought of the Heart

Site Supporter
Jun 2, 2018
Houston
✟55,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I heard once few of us can explain how a radio works yet want to explain the Three in One.
It is clear God the Father, Jesus Christ the Savior and the Holy Spirit are different. I stay with what Jesus teaches about Him and to know and do His will is all that matters.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I heard once few of us can explain how a radio works yet want to explain the Three in One.

... or, more generally, ... the nature of God.

Some things we weren't meant to understand. Nothing wrong with "trying to", except when we demand that everyone else agree with my assessment.

Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟336,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married

Questions like these led to the development of the doctrine of the Trinity in the early years of the Christian church. How is it that God is in heaven, running the universe, and was at the same time on earth, incarnate in Jesus? A number of the church's early theologians wrestled with this.

The doctrine of the Trinity says that the Father is the First Person of the Trinity. The Second Person of the Trinity was incarnate in Jesus. The Third Person of the Trinity is the Holy Spirit.

The three Persons are one God. Christians really are monotheistic, even though I realize that it probably doesn't sound that way to Jewish or Muslim ears.

I'm not great at explaining the Greek and Latin philosophical concepts of "substance" and "person" that the early church used to formulate the doctrine of the Trinity, but the book Early Christian Doctrines, by J.N.D. Kelly, has a good description of this doctrine, along with the historical theological process by which the early church came to its final formulation.

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate

John 1:18- "No man hath seen God (the Father) at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him."

John 5:37- "And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.

John 6:46- "Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father."

Comments...?

I'll give you a clue, he cannot be the, or any God that we, or any of us have seen and/or heard from... (Cause that is/was Christ)...

But the only way to know or see that Father God or know him, is by and through Christ and the God that we have seen and/or heard from...

God Bless!
Jesus was talking about the God of Abraham.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Why does it matter that he heard him?
Cause no man has ever heard from the Father that Jesus speaks of, except for himself only that is... It's all throughout John's gospel...

It should be very evident by John's gospel, that he is not speaking of any God that we or any of us have ever heard from or beheld at any time...

Cause that was the Son, and was him, which is, (or "should be") pretty evident in and throughout John's gospel as well...

God Bless!

• Optimistic
Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Cause no man has ever heard from the Father that Jesus speaks of, except for himself only that is... It's all throughout John's gospel...

It should be very evident by John's gospel, that he is not speaking of any God that we or any of us have ever heard from or beheld at any time...

Cause that was the Son, and was him, which is, (or "should be") pretty evident in and throughout John's gospel as well...

God Bless!
Although that should be very evident, it's not, because all to many of us don't have the right perspective or key...

But, if you do, you'll see it...

"Perspective" is key to everything...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Although that should be very evident, it's not, because all to many of us don't have the right perspective or key...

But, if you do, you'll see it...

"Perspective" is key to everything...

God Bless!
This is the perspective or key that you need:

Read John's gospel and think of the Son as YHWH or God in the OT (and NT if you can also) but mainly in the OT, and think of the Father he speaks of as being "before him" (YHWH) and before that, and you'll see...

And that the Son (or YHWH) is the one and only that has heard from or hears from him (that Father) and is the only that has ever beheld or seen him, (at any time) and you'll see...

God Bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dreadnought

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate

God Bless!
No, no, no. God speaks to all of us.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
No, no, no. God speaks to all of us.
You would literally "die" if he (God the Father) spoke to you directly (without fully knowing him first) which is why the Son speaks to us by him (The Father) cause he is the only one that fully knows him and is the only intercessor between God (the Father) and man...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
You think God the Father speaks to you and yet, you do not know him...?

Curious...?

God Bless!
The great and first commandment (Matt 22:34-40) is to love God with all your heart, mind, and soul. Paul tells us to pray constantly (1 Thess 5;17). Noah walked with him (Genesis 6:9). The whole object is to get to know him, I believe.

• Friendly
Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dreadnought

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
You would literally "die" if he (God the Father) spoke to you directly (without fully knowing him first) which is why the Son speaks to us by him (The Father) cause he is the only one that fully knows him and is the only intercessor between God (the Father) and man...

God Bless!
We are supposed to walk with the Lord as Noah did.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
The great and first commandment (Matt 22:34-40) is to love God with all your heart, mind, and soul. Paul tells us to pray constantly (1 Thess 5;17). Noah walked with him (Genesis 6:9). The whole object is to get to know him, I believe.
Only through the Son, and without going through the Son, and "fully knowing" "all" of the Son first, you would "die" if God the Father spoke to you or any of us directly without him (The Son) our God...

Or is Jesus not the Word(s) (or voice) of God (to us)...?

This is for our "protection" if anything else...

God Bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dreadnought

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Only through the Son, and without going through the Son, and "fully knowing" "all" of the Son first, you would "die" if God the Father spoke to you or any of us directly without him (The Son) our God...

Or is Jesus not the Word(s) (or voice) of God (to us)...?

This is for our "protection" if anything else...

God Bless!
We're going to get into a big debate over the Trinity, perhaps, and I'm not allowed to define my belief, so we'll drop it right here.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.