Who is the Bride of Christ? (Hint: It's not the Church)

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't think scripture defines scripture, only the holy spirit guides us in all truth brother. You say what you say and know what you *think* you know is because you are gathering it from those false doctrines and you listen to other people. I remember I used to read those stuff too, if I learned anything it doesn't lead to the truth cause those websites are filled with words made up by man. And the Bible tells us not to put our faith in man but God only. We are not here to be served but serve and we are to serve God only. Stop reading that crap..it's not legitimate and I know darn well they are not words of the spirit but mans' own mouth.

Jen you are courting falling into serious error!

Ephesians 4:
11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:

God ordered pastors and teachers to teach us sound doctrine. Now they are mortal men and we should look to the Word of God to see if they hold to the truth. What criteria do you use when you get a "word" from the Holy spirit as you say to insure it is a Word from God???

So I should also stop reading your words for to quote you: "Stop reading that crap..it's not legitimate and I know darn well they are not words of the spirit but mans' own mouth."

So tell me why I should listen to your words and not theirs!

Upvote 0

Jen35

Mar 31, 2019
Over the moon like centipedes
✟19,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jen you are courting falling into serious error!

Ephesians 4:
11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:

God ordered pastors and teachers to teach us sound doctrine. Now they are mortal men and we should look to the Word of God to see if they hold to the truth. What criteria do you use when you get a "word" from the Holy spirit as you say to insure it is a Word from God???

So I should also stop reading your words for to quote you: "Stop reading that crap..it's not legitimate and I know darn well they are not words of the spirit but mans' own mouth."

So tell me why I should listen to your words and not theirs!
Because you don't agree with what I say is the reason you don't want to listen to what I say. But you agree with that website because it fits your hearing. And yes, God appointed many people but it doesn't mean they are all true prophets and ministers of him. Some of them which who didn't come from him but thier own way. Can you honestly tell me that everything on that website makes any sense at all and is from the words of the spirit? I don't want to argue with you, like I said think what you want but at the end of the day we all still have to face him and the truth. I'm done trying to convince you. So I'll just leave it alone now. Ok. Bye.

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Because you don't agree with what I say is the reason you don't want to listen to what I say. But you agree with that website because it fits your hearing. And yes, God appointed many people but it doesn't mean they are all true prophets and ministers of him. Some of them which who didn't come from him but thier own way. Can you honestly tell me that everything on that website makes any sense at all and is from the words of the spirit? I don't want to argue with you, like I said think what you want but at the end of the day we all still have to face him and the truth. I'm done trying to convince you. So I'll just leave it alone now. Ok. Bye.

If God appointed them, it means they aren't perfect but they are Gods teachers and pastors!

I ask you the same question: Howe can I know the words you are writing are all true? If what they write is full of crap as you said, by what authority do you say your words are not full of crap??

I know this man and have seen his life and love for God! I trust Him but verify nonetheless. That means he is trustworthy but not perfect!

What is your authority that I should trust you over others.

God appoints pastors and teachers to protect us from the cunning craftiness of men. But as we are living in the last days many wolves have sprung up which means we should be diligent to hide the Word in our heart!

I have given you Scripture to support my words, you give me opinion and attacks on others to say you are better than them! Which should I trust? My responses with SCripture or yours with attacks????

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Btw, maybe you should listen to Ephesians 4:14, the one you just posted above to me, if you don't want to listen to me, atleast listen to that and think about what you are doing now....

You give no reason to listen to you!

I love a lively back and forth with people. I can even debate intensely with others and still walk away knowing they are family in Christ.

You do not defend your opinions with Gods Word. YOu just hurl your opinions and then add ad-hominem, assaults against others because we dare disagree with your opinions. This is not the way to be taken seriously.

You wish to disagree with me? That is fine! But defend it with Scripture and not screeds and acting like a petulant child!

Upvote 0

Jen35

Mar 31, 2019
✟19,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If God appointed them, it means they aren't perfect but they are Gods teachers and pastors!

I ask you the same question: Howe can I know the words you are writing are all true? If what they write is full of crap as you said, by what authority do you say your words are not full of crap??

I know this man and have seen his life and love for God! I trust Him but verify nonetheless. That means he is trustworthy but not perfect!

What is your authority that I should trust you over others.

God appoints pastors and teachers to protect us from the cunning craftiness of men. But as we are living in the last days many wolves have sprung up which means we should be diligent to hide the Word in our heart!

I have given you Scripture to support my words, you give me opinion and attacks on others to say you are better than them! Which should I trust? My responses with SCripture or yours with attacks????
But I never said I was better then anyone, I just said that website isn't legitamate. And I don't care if you listen to me or not. You can do whatever you want.

Upvote 0

Jen35

Mar 31, 2019
✟19,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You give no reason to listen to you!

I love a lively back and forth with people. I can even debate intensely with others and still walk away knowing they are family in Christ.

You do not defend your opinions with Gods Word. YOu just hurl your opinions and then add ad-hominem, assaults against others because we dare disagree with your opinions. This is not the way to be taken seriously.

You wish to disagree with me? That is fine! But defend it with Scripture and not screeds and acting like a petulant child!
Maybe because I am a petulant child.

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Maybe because I am a petulant child.

Well it won't get you respect or advancement in the Body of Christ ! Maybe it is best to stop being so willing to attack and instead discuss!

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But I never said I was better then anyone, I just said that website isn't legitamate. And I don't care if you listen to me or not. You can do whatever you want.

So you just want to make an accusation and then scurry away? How very un-Christian of you! That is a very arrogant statemetn on your part without providing even a scintilla of evidence!

Upvote 0

Jen35

Mar 31, 2019
✟19,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So you just want to make an accusation and then scurry away? How very un-Christian of you! That is a very arrogant statemetn on your part without providing even a scintilla of evidence!
What is a Christian?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jen35

Mar 31, 2019
✟19,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well it won't get you respect or advancement in the Body of Christ ! Maybe it is best to stop being so willing to attack and instead discuss!
but I wasn't attacking anyone, I was just stating my opinion on it...well, stick with yours and I'll stick with mine and there should not be a problem .

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
but I wasn't attacking anyone, I was just stating my opinion on it...well, stick with yours and I'll stick with mine and there should not be a problem .

Well yiou called people deceived, their websites full of crap, said they were causing believers to be tossed to and fro. do I really need to show you all the assaults against people you have flung on this thread? If you need me to do that- you have bigger problems than just being so angry with those who dare disagree WITH YOU!

Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟763,213.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Therefore, bond servants are us believers who've been entrusted with the task of being witnesses and being responsible for the salvation of others. When every saved person helps to save another so that we increase, this way we can "occupy till He comes".

Everything we have, financially and otherwise, is a resource to being a witness because God provided them for us. This was the money the man gave his bond servants in the parable. Therefore being a witness will involve sacrificing all you have, down to your life if required. But many are too greedy to let go of the pleasures of life in becoming witnesses. An example is the rich man of Matthew 19:16-22, who couldn't forfeit his riches for the sake of following Christ. That's the meaning of the servant who did nothing with what was given him.

I think that's the best breakdown of that Parable I've read ever. God bless

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

~Zao~

Wisdom’s child
Site Supporter
Jun 27, 2007
✟123,095.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The bride is the New Jerusalem, our Mother. Kinda makes us Christians the daughters of Zion.
Not trying to take away from prophesy made only to Israel but scripture sayeth:
  • Revelation 21:2
  • Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
  • Galatians 4:26
  • But the Jerusalem that is above is free, and she is our mother.
  • Hebrews 12:22
  • But you have come to Mount Zion, to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem. You have come to thousands upon thousands of angels in joyful assembly,
Kinda distances from the Catholics mother too. Same Father, different mother. Sounds like Galatians 4, Sarah and Hagar.

Upvote 0