Who is on first?

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We often call the Scriptures the Word of God. The reason we do that is because God had the Scriptures written. He did not actually write them but the Lord talked to men and had them write, so we like calling the Scriptures the Word of God.

Yet the Scriptures call Jesus Christ the Word of God. He is called the Word of God or the word of the Lord in the Scriptures because He was the One who came and spoke words to those who wrote the Scriptures. So they who wrote called Him the Word of God.

Now we have a problem and that being that we call the Scriptures and Jesus Christ the word of God. That can be confusing!!

The Lord once was talking to me about this problem and was comparing it to the famous Abbot and Costello comedy routine "Who' s on first"
"Costello: Well who's on first?
Abbott: Yeah.
Costello: Go ahead and tell me.
Abbott: Who.
Costello: The guy on first.
Costello: The guy playin' first base.
Costello: The guy on first.
Abbott: Who is on first!"...

"Who" is the name of the first baseman, but Costello thinks it is a question. This bring a lot of confusion resulting in a funny routine.

Now "Word of God" is the name of the Person of God the Son that you have to get to know first if you are going to get into heaven! Yet by calling both Jesus Christ and the Scriptures we have brought on a lot of confusion, and this time it is not so funny.

Because of this confusion we have cause a lot of people to search the Scripture to find eternal life instead of seeking the voice of the Lord!

• Prayers
Reactions: Jeshu

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i know Scripture and Jesus agree completely with each other. Jesus is the Living Word. That is who you want, for you want to grow into His truth reading the bible in love for God and neighbour.

So please people only Seek The Voice of Scripture to guide you into His loving truthful paradise don't think His Voice could be anything different than what Scripture said all along. Not one full stop or comma will be missing, that is what i rejoice about each time i read Scripture. Having The Living Word live inside of me is worth everything, i will never serve anyone else than the Voice of The Lord!

Revelation 19:11-13
"I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and wages war. His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself. He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jok

Jul 9, 2019
Indiana
✟42,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
God the Father, Jesus, etc, it is all the same essence. Jesus was placed inside of time & space reality as the essence of God made into a human, however Jesus did not have the same “Job description” of God the Father (which includes being the foundation stone that holds up ultimate reality). Nor was Jesus’ job description of showing humanity how the essence of God would behave as a human being the same job description as the Holy Spirit, but again all of them have the same essence. Same essence, but different missions or job descriptions or chores if you will.

Reactions: Jeshu
Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Now "Word of God" is the name of the Person of God the Son that you have to get to know first if you are going to get into heaven!
Well, Jesus is the Word of God. I consider this means Jesus is the living meaning of God's word > how we need to become and love so we become how God's word means. Jesus is our example, then. He is God's message, as our example >

"And walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling aroma." (Ephesians 5:2)

Therefore, we get to know Jesus, by being like Him > "gentle and lowly in heart" (Matthew 11:29), and by being sweetly sacrificed to obey God all the time like Jesus on the cross, and by loving like Jesus. We get to know Him, by loving in sharing with Him, then, discovering how He in us has us become and love.

Yet by calling both Jesus Christ and the Scriptures we have brought on a lot of confusion, and this time it is not so funny.
We can simply understand what is meant, in each case, instead of getting confused. A same word can have different meanings > for example, the Bible uses the word "love" to mean both good and bad sorts of love, and different kinds of love which can be good; we can pray and understand what God means.

Also, we can see why God has used the same word, "word", for Jesus but also for the scriptures. Ones already have understood that "word" means what God speaks or writes to us, with words, and we know how God's word accomplishes what He means > Isaiah 55:11.

So, when we see that Jesus is the "Word", we can see this means Jesus is God's real message to us, not only in words, but also in example, and Jesus is the One who accomplishes all which God means by His word.

Because of this confusion we have cause a lot of people to search the Scripture to find eternal life instead of seeking the voice of the Lord!
Jesus used parables, God's word uses symbolism. And They know people will mess this up. But children can have fun with mysterious things, and learning as family :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, Jesus is the Word of God. I consider this means Jesus is the living meaning of God's word

Jesus Christ is a person, God the Son, who we can talk to!!

Rev 3:20 ‘Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me.

Jn 10:27 “My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me;

Jn 6:63 “It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life.

God is spirit and so speaks to our spirit, but He is a person who will talk to us in words!

Do you think your husband or wife is the "living meaning" of what they say? Of course not! What does that mean anyway, 'living meaning'?

Jesus Christ is a person, and He has the Word of God. He is of course not just any person. He is the Son of God who was in the beginning with God and who is God, the Son. He is the King of kings. He came down out of heaven and took on flesh. The Father has given Him all things, which include the very words of God. He personally possesses the words of God and you can talk to Him. He is not 'the living meaning' He is a person you can get to know personally. He does and says only what the Father tells Him and so He is one with the Father and He has the words of God for you personally.

All that information is in the Bible, so how come we don't know it? How come we don't know Him? Is it because we don't seek Him and His voice?

When Him and I talk, I realize that I am talking to a person. He gives me teachings, like the Abbot and Costello comparison, so I sometimes call Him Teacher. He gives me instructions, so I often call Him Lord. He sometimes gives me really good counsel on the issues in my life, so I have called Him Wonderful Counselor. And you read all that in the Bible also!

I don't mean to get too offensive, but I see people saying things like "living meaning" and it sounds so "spiritual" but it also sounds like they actually don't know Him. He is not a 'living meaning', He is a person you talk to like your pastors or priest, except that you hear Him and His words in you spirit. Because of that I often call Him the Word of God, which is also explained in the Bible.

He has some really neat things to say. He often give me little parables like this one:

HEADS ABOVE ALL, HEADS ABOVE ALL!

“Heads Above All, Heads Above All”, that’s what they called him. Over seven feet was that one, and those that were over 6 feet and considered big, were not big to him. That is why they called him Head Above all. Yet he wasn’t always heads above all.

There was a time when they were taller, and they picked on him. They even hurt him, and he always remembers that time well. He told himself that he would never be that way. So Heads Above All is very mild mannered. In fact about the only thing that ever makes him mad is when he sees someone picking on somebody else. That made him angry.

So now the question: Who is Heads Above All?

My friends, Jesus Christ took on flesh and was hurt, even crucified by people, you and me, but He is the One person that is 'Heads Above All', and He also called the Prince of Peace, but who will talk to Him and listen to the small peaceful voice of His?

Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
FB_IMG_1433340331617.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Jord Simcha
Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you think your husband or wife is the "living meaning" of what they say? Of course not! What does that mean anyway, 'living meaning'?
And you don't call your husband or wife your "word".

I mean . . . in case I can explain this . . . Jesus is our example of all God's word means. How He is, how He relates in submission to our Father, how He loves . . . all is our example . . . the meaning of all God's word says.

And because He is alive . . . unlike a paper-and-ink Bible which is wood and ink and glue and maybe some plastic or leather > Jesus is the living meaning.

It is like how you can not understand what someone is telling you, in some cases, unless you know the person so you can know how that person is and lives. So, the person is the meaning of what the person says.

If a cruel person says, "I love you," this has a different meaning than if a caring and sharing person says, "I love you."

And Jesus growing in us as our new inner Person is the main meaning of God's word > Galatians 4:19. So, getting His words and even hearing His voice can be not enough > we need how Jesus is growing in us in our character and how we love. And this is the real meaning of God's word, I would say.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus is our example of all God's word means.

Jesus is not the example of all God's word means to us. He is the One who talks to us!!!

So believers tend to ask people if they know Jesus Christ, because they do really know Jesus Christ. They talk to Him and He talks to them. They tend to have songs like, "He walks with me and He talks with me...'

Where it is written that His sheep hear His voice, it actually means that His sheep hear His voice.

Where it is written that His words are spirit and are life, it actually means that we hear words from Him in our spirit.

So where it is written that the Word of God is found in our heart or in our mouth, it is because His words are spirit, not ink on pages, not sound waves, not on a Bible CD, but from Him who sends His Holy Spirit to give us His words to our spirit.

Those who wrote your Bible got the words they wrote that same way. They are an example of how we should be. And Yes, Jesus Christ, the One whose name is called the Word of God because He talks to us, came down out of heaven and took on flesh. He walked among men, but men killed Him. Yet He rose from the dead and is again in His Kingdom as the King of kings. The Kingdom of God is in our midst, but Jesus explained that His Kingdom was not of this world. God is Spirit. So again, like the prophets of old, we can hear the words that He our Lord has for us.

Yet it was also written that with their ears they don't hear and with their eyes they don't see. So we who hear and know the Lord of lord and King of kings preach the Kingdom, which includes the King. Indeed, to get in you must talk to the King, Jesus Christ. We spread the "Good News" which is that He our King is standing at the door and knocking and if anyone hears His voice and opens the door He will come into them and eat with them and them with Him.

"Anyone" that mean anyone reading this or anyone else can get to personally know Jesus Christ. They can hear from Him who has been knocking at the door! If they then open up to Him He will come into them and He will talk to you and you will talk to Him. You will hear words in your spirit!

Now, a person new to hearing in their spirit might not pick up His words too well at first. So some people say they felt, this or that. Yeah - they are still learning how to hear with their spiritual ears, but if they practice seeking the Lord and listening to His voice that voice will come across clearer and you will be hearing Him and His words by faith.

Now this is all explained in the Bible, so I find it amazing that I have to explain it over and over on a section of the Christian Forums that discusses discipleship and following Jesus. Yet, if that is the problem I am more than willing to preach Jesus Christ and the Kingdom of God, explaining the Good News that we can get to know personally the King, Jesus Christ, whose name is called the Word of God.

Yet I have to wonder, who is going to believe. It seems like I spend so much of my time talking about the milk - the basic information of just listening to Him our Lord, that I can't even find people hear who know about Him.

I want to assure you that they do exist. My mom, my wife, my daughter, my son, my friends like Liz, Steve, and Art all hear from Him. They know how to hear from Him and be lead by Him. And many well know Christian leaders know what it means to hear from Him.

Being an older person, I loved the times I went to Benny Hinn crusades and watched Him listen to the Lord and announce that the Lord was healing someone of this thing and that thing, and then people got healed by the Lord of those things and more.

I don't go to many of those things but a number years ago I listened to a man name Bill Johnson and he listened to the Lord and declared that the Lord wanted to replace cartilage in knees that surgery was done on. A wise man he was and he obviously knew my Lord. My wife had a problem with her knee from that very thing. I had prayed that the Lord would heal it a number of times but while I have seen the Lord do many incredible things He had not healed her knee. Yet that wise man of God pointed out that you can't pray for healing because they don't have the cartilage. You have to ask the Lord for a creative miracle. The Lord needed to create more cartilage for the knee. He had people from other countries pray for those needing the new cartilage, because the Lord told him to have it done that way. You won't find that in the Bible, you get those instructions from listening to the One whose name is called, The Word of God, because He talks to us. My wife's knee must have gotten the cartilage because her knee instantly got better and has remained that way.

Now I don't always think about the right question to ask Him. Still, though I didn't think about Him needing to create cartilage, so my prayer that God heal my wife's knee did wind up getting healed. The Lord just had to get me and her to the right place, where someone who probably hears Him better than I do was preaching. Still, I know Him and we talk. That was why I was there when Bill Johnson got that word from the Lord. I don't usually go to those things, but my Lord had asked me, and apparently He has His reasons.

So are you going to reason with the Lord by hearing His voice and obeying, or are you going to lean on your own understanding always?

Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Now this is all explained in the Bible, so I find it amazing that I have to explain it over and over on a section of the Christian Forums that discusses discipleship and following Jesus.

I have explained why, others have explained why, and you choose to explain it away. So, stop finding it amazing and maybe listen to what people are typing to you. Maybe you won't be so amazed.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus is not the example of all God's word means to us. He is the One who talks to us!!!
What about Ephesians 5:2?

"And walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling aroma." (Ephesians 5:2)

Here Jesus is presented by God's word as being our example. This is what I am going by.

What scripture are you going by, to say what you are saying, please?

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What about Philippians 2:5-11, please?

This says to have the mind of Jesus, and then this goes into detail of what God means by this > using Jesus and His mind as His example of what He means.

Therefore, yes Jesus is the meaning of God's word.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, Jesus talks to us, plus Jesus lives in us, plus Jesus is our example.

Jesus came and demonstrated what He meant by what He says.

And we have how Christ is our example for how a man needs to relate with his wife >

"Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church, and gave Himself for her," (Ephesians 5:25)

A husband needs to know how Jesus is his example of how to relate with his wife. How Jesus has loved us, then, is God's meaning of saying for husbands to love their wives > another scripture to go with this is >

"Husbands, love your wives and do not be bitter toward them." (Colossians 3:19)

Therefore, I am not excused to give in to anything in me which would even start to get me bitter against my wife. Because Jesus my example is almighty in His immunity against any Satanic stuff; so I have no excuse, and this is good how God has His so-good a standard for us, and this is possible with Him.

So, God bless you to be honest with God and to live the example of Jesus as His meaning of His word.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, Jesus talks to us, plus Jesus lives in us, plus Jesus is our example.

Jesus came and demonstrated what He meant by what He says.

And we have how Christ is our example for how a man needs to relate with his wife >

"Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church, and gave Himself for her," (Ephesians 5:25)

A husband needs to know how Jesus is his example of how to relate with his wife. How Jesus has loved us, then, is God's meaning of saying for husbands to love their wives > another scripture to go with this is >

"Husbands, love your wives and do not be bitter toward them." (Colossians 3:19)

Therefore, I am not excused to give in to anything in me which would even start to get me bitter against my wife. Because Jesus my example is almighty in His immunity against any Satanic stuff; so I have no excuse, and this is good how God has His so-good a standard for us, and this is possible with Him.

So, God bless you to be honest with God and to live the example of Jesus as His meaning of His word.

I love your post, but I don't think you understood what I wrote!

I wrote, "Jesus is not the example of all God's word means to us. He is the One who talks to us!!!

I don't mean that Jesus is not an example. I didn't say that. You left out the second part and misinterpreted the first part!

Jesus is an example, but He is not the example of all God's word means to us, because He is the One who speaks to us.

Thank about that for a minute and you will understand.

Still, in case you don't now understand what I was saying, let me explain what was going on.

People like to call the Bible "God's Word". They do that because God talked to the people in the past who wrote the Bible. So we can find words from God in the Bible. Then some people get zealous for the Bible, as God's Word, instead of seeking Jesus Christ's whose name is The Word of God because He speaks to us.

So we wind up we a thing, The Bible, called "The Word of God" and also a person, the Son of God and our Lord, called "The Word of God. That results in confusion. In fact it has resulted in the same confusion that you just became susceptible to. You indeed have become an example of the point of this thread.

Still, you are not an example of all the words written, nor an example of all the words you or I have written down. You have just become an example of how calling both the Bible and Jesus the Word of God can confuse people.

Your are right to say "Yes, Jesus talks to us, plus Jesus lives in us, plus Jesus is our example."

He is not the example of the Bible (Word of God) He is the One who did the speaking to those who wrote the Bible!!! So really, the words in the Bible are the example of Him, not vis versa.

The Bible was written to point people to Him, The Word of God!! The words in the Bible give an example of who Jesus Christ is. So He is not the example of the words in the Bible there are an example of Him.

That doesn't mean that He is not an example to us. If we know Him, listen to Him and even read about Him, we get an idea of how we should live our lives. For example: Jesus did and said only what the Father told Him. And in another example: Jesus told the Jews they were searching the Scriptures thinking in them they had eternal life instead of coming to Him for life.

So we can use the words in the Bible to give an example of how He thinks. Yet from those examples, not the example, we can see that we don't live by the words in the Bible but by listening to every word that proceeds out of the mouth of Him whose name is called "The Word of God".

Jesus got into a discussion with Satan explaining that man must live by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God and not just those stones in the desert. Moses had brought down the Law on stones in the desert, and we don't live by them we live by having a personal relationship with Him who talks to us. Calling the Bible the Word of God and telling people that Jesus was the example of those words is telling people to live by the Law and not by every word that proceeds out of the Word or God who speaks to us "Today".

Yet someone has brought confusion to our message. You remember Satan. He is the one behind telling people to make food from the Law, because he doesn't want you seeking Jesus Christ.

So you are correct to write: Yes, Jesus talks to us, plus Jesus lives in us, plus Jesus is our example.

Yet if Jesus is alive and active and He talks to us and lives in us, then isn't our example inside us???

Think about that!!

The Word of God we preach in found in our hearts and in our mouth, and He is the example! Yet He is not the example of the Bible, the Bible has examples of Him.f

So much confusion. Listen to Him and He will explain, and do a better job that me.

Reactions: Carl Emerson
Upvote 0

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What about Philippians 2:5-11, please?

This says to have the mind of Jesus, and then this goes into detail of what God means by this > using Jesus and His mind as His example of what He means.

Therefore, yes Jesus is the meaning of God's word.

You quoted a verse, but I'm a bit unclear how you got your conclusion. Here is your verses, and I like them, but does it not say the Jesus Christ is Lord???

Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus, who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men. Being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. For this reason also, God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and that every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

If He is your Lord then you are listening to Him for instructions, right??? You hear His voice and you obey. There is something in there about obedience. So you are not looking the the Bible but Him for the words of God, like the Bible explains, even in those verses about Him being your Lord and the One you bow down to. If you have indeed followed the instructions, then you know Him personally and have seen the He is your example, personally.

So the words in the Bible were an instruction to follow Him and to make Him your Lord. He is not the example of the words in the Bible the Bible has the instructions to make Him the example in your life. He is not dead, so that Him as a dead man, set an example that we need to follow. Jesus Christ is alive, not dead as you imply, but you perhaps didn't understand that if we say Jesus was the example of the words in the Bible, that you are making Him a dead has been and not the living Word of God who speaks to you today.

I know we often write that we hear Him but are we? If so, why do we make Him sound like He was an example of the words in the Bible.

My friends, He is the example of how we need to live, not was but is. The Bible tells us that He is our Lord, so that every knee will (now or in the future, not past) bow down to Him!!

Too many are making Him a has been and don't even realize it!! They say the Bible is the Word of God and He was the example in the Bible which we are to live by. Do you still not see the problem? He is alive, and He was alive in the beginning. His name is called the Word of God and He is God. The One who is alive and active today so you can talk to Him today. The Bible tells you to listen to Him "Today" but do you? Or are you going back to live by the Law and use what you read about Jesus in the Bible as your example - as opposed to knowing Him personally "Today".

Look at what your write. You are looking to the past for an example instead of looking to Him "Today"!!

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
the words in the Bible are the example of Him, not vis versa.
It can be both. His words can provide examples, plus He in us demonstrates what He means by His words.

Calling the Bible the Word of God and telling people that Jesus was the example of those words is telling people to live by the Law
No, because the Bible does not contain only the Law. But we have the New Covenant, also, in His word.

Yet if Jesus is alive and active and He talks to us and lives in us, then isn't our example inside us???
Yes. This is included in what I mean by Jesus being our example of what His word says . . . in us demonstrating.

A good teacher demonstrates, right?

Yet He is not the example of the Bible, the Bible has examples of Him.
both

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Here is your verses, and I like them, but does it not say the Jesus Christ is Lord???
yes

So you are not looking the the Bible but Him for the words of God, like the Bible explains, even in those verses about Him being your Lord and the One you bow down to.
But the scriptures are His word to us. So, He can speak through words of scripture, but we need how in us He has us living His love meaning.

He is not dead, so that Him as a dead man, set an example that we need to follow.
But we do need to follow the example of Jesus on the cross >

How He was loving, on the cross, is still alive, today. This living in us is our example and the meaning of Ephesians 5:2 which Jesus gave through our Apostle Paul.

So, what was going on inside of Jesus, then, is not dead, but still alive.

Jesus Christ is alive, not dead as you imply, but you perhaps didn't understand that if we say Jesus was the example of the words in the Bible, that you are making Him a dead has been and not the living Word of God who speaks to you today.
No. He was being an example. He did things, then. Plus now also Jesus lives and is our example and does things.

We feed on what He said and did, then, plus all He says and does now.

Look at what your write. You are looking to the past for an example instead of looking to Him "Today"!!
both

God's word provides us with examples of things Jesus did in the past; plus we have all He does in us now.

The example is not only what was outward, by the way, but how Jesus was and loved inside Himself while doing things then. That love example is still alive. Plus, we discover how Jesus shares with us, now.

Upvote 0

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But the scriptures are His word to us. So, He can speak through words of scripture, but we need how in us He has us living His love meaning.

Yes - Through the writings of Isaiah, the Lord explained that is you don't listen to Him then the word of the Lord to you would be line upon line, and that so you would go stumbling backwards.

Thus is you say the words of the scriptures, which written line upon line, are the His words to you it is because you don't listen to Him! Yet He needs you to listen to Him personally, so He lets you go stumbling backwards and be taken captive to again you might look to Him and His words to you

Is 28:12:13 He who said to them, “Here is rest, give rest to the weary,”
And, “Here is repose,” but they would not listen.
So the word of the LORD to them will be,
“Order on order, order on order,
Line on line, line on line,
A little here, a little there,”
That they may go and stumble backward, be broken, snared and taken captive.

My friends we are suppose to get to know Jesus Christ personally!! If we do we will hear from Him everyday, even though out the day. But if you don't seek Him as the Word of God, then the text written a few thousand years ago we have to be the word of God to you. That means you are searching the Scriptures thinking in them you have eternal life. It means you don't really know the Great I AM whose name is called "The Word of God" (Rev 19:13) because He talks to you and even everyday through out the day.

What then do you have in common with those who wrote that Scriptures and knew Him as the Word of God?

Gen 15:1 After these things the word of the LORD came to Abram in a vision, saying, “Do not fear, Abram,

Gen 15:6 Then he believed in the LORD; and He reckoned it to him as righteousness.

Abram did have the sacred writings but he knew the word of the Lord who came and spoke things to him. And that belief was counted to him as righteousness. His help came from above where as you say your help comes from the Book, and the Book is the word to you, as if that Book can save you. It can point you to Him, but did you go to Him and His words for you? No.

Jn 5: 46,47 “For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me, for he wrote about Me. “But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?”

Jesus Christ, who is the Word and is God, explained that the sacred writings were about Him, but if you do not believe those writings how will you believe His words - thereby proving that the writings are NOT His words!! But you don't believe that, as can be seen by the fact that you are still calling the lines upon lines of text in the Bible, the Word of God, instead of Him.

My friends, The Word of God, is a person, the Son, and He is on first base so to speak!! If you get to first base with God you will know Him personally. You will talk to Him and He will talk to you. You then will be like Abram who heard the word of the Lord and believe, even when he not have the Scriptures. You have the Scriptures which explain this but you won't believe in Him, so you say "scriptures are His word to us", thereby proving that the prophecy of Isaiah was correct in you.

Upvote 0