Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
From modalism to polytheism:

Book of Mormon, Ether 4:12
12 And whatsoever thing persuadeth men to do good is of me; for good cometh of none save it be of me. I am the same that leadeth men to all good; he that will not believe my words will not believe me—that I am; and he that will not believe me will not believe the Father who sent me. For behold, I am the Father, I am the light, and the life, and the truth of the world.

Doctrine and Covenants 130
22 The Father has a body of flesh and bones as tangible as man’s; the Son also; but the Holy Ghost has not a body of flesh and bones, but is a personage of Spirit. Were it not so, the Holy Ghost could not dwell in us.

23 A man may receive the Holy Ghost, and it may descend upon him and not tarry with him.

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,849.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
On the internet, telling someone to go look it up themselves is the same as saying that you don't actually have any information.
It's just that I can't be bothered doing a search on my extensive collection of books when you could just get basically the same information from Wikipedia if you really want to know.

• Agree
Reactions: Cearbhall
Upvote 0

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟220,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
On the internet, telling someone to go look it up themselves is the same as saying that you don't actually have any information.
On an internet forum, if one cannot address the thread topic, then it is likely they have nothing to contribute. Is this you? You post about how little time you have to respond to threads, then spend your time posting about off topic things, like internet ettiquette.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟220,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Again, Heavenly Mother, only gets a hymnal song ... else silence.

(citation provided)
Actually, according to lds.org, the concept is considered doctrine.

Mother in Heaven

"The doctrine of a Heavenly Mother is a cherished and distinctive belief among Latter-day Saints."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Book of Mormon, Ether 3
14 Behold, I am he who was prepared from the foundation of the world to redeem my people. Behold, I am Jesus Christ. I am the Father and the Son. In me shall all mankind have life, and that eternally, even they who shall believe on my name; and they shall become my sons and my daughters.

In the Bible that Mormons use, Jehovah is unaware of any other God:

Isaiah 43
10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the Lord, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

Isaiah 45
5 I am the Lord, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:

6 That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the Lord, and there is none else.

In the Bible, the followers of Christ become His brothers and sisters.

Bible, Hebrews 2
11 For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren,

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
The scriptures are a mixture of very strange doctrines to the Christian world, who are blindly led by the blind. I will refer to another scripture. "Now," says God, when He visited Moses in the bush, (Moses was a stammering sort of a boy like me) God said, "Thou shalt be a God unto the children of Israel." God said, "Thou shalt be a God unto Aaron, and he shall be thy spokesman." I believe those Gods that God reveals as Gods to be sons of God, and all can cry, "Abba, Father!" Sons of God who exalt themselves to be Gods, even from before the foundation of the world, and are the only Gods I have a reverence for.
Joseph Smith, History of the Church, Vol. 6, p. 478

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
But in practice mum is the word re Mom.
You are the very reason that Heavenly Father does not want Heavenly Mother to be up front and in the lime light. You would never call Heavenly Father, Dad, yet you are willing to call Heavenly Mother, Mom.

Good going, you made Heavenly Father's point.

Upvote 0