Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Both parties are undermining democracy by favoring the donor class and ignoring the desires of the electorate. The only thing to do is to build a movement outside these parties.
The problem has been money. Big money is running this country, and the SCOTUS didn't help this problem.
I liked Cruz as a constitutionalist.
I'm a Christian and have been trying to reconcile Cruz's theology of "Seven Mountain Dominionist'' with the Constitution and can't seem to get there. How did you?
Yeah, I saw that bumper sticker, too. It was garbage then, it's garbage now. I'm a citizen, and I pay taxes. I have every right to complain if I don't like the policies being set.
Yup.
Liberal libertarians want a bit more government, but are much more keen on axing anything that doesn't seem to work, even if it means you have to rebuild it later.
That's me. Why keep something that is not working, it's a big waste of money, and it seems as though that if there is a Depart. of...., and it's being funded, then people just ignore the fact, that IT IS NOT WORKING.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟914,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
The problem has been money. Big money is running this country, and the SCOTUS didn't help this problem.

I'm a Christian and have been trying to reconcile Cruz's theology of "Seven Mountain Dominionist'' with the Constitution and can't seem to get there. How did you?

Yup.

That's me. Why keep something that is not working, it's a big waste of money, and it seems as though that if there is a Depart. of...., and it's being funded, then people just ignore the fact, that IT IS NOT WORKING.
I do not want much government. The government I DO want short of defense is on the state level.

Upvote 0

Willtor

Not just any Willtor... The Mighty Willtor
Apr 23, 2005
Cambridge
Visit site
✟32,287.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My opinion is that not even showing up says nothing. If you were to show up and cast a totally blank ballot that at least is making a statement. What do you think it would say if 2 million voters showed up and there were no votes cast for anyone? I contend it says much more than 2 million who just stayed home.

Seconded.

The designers of the election system should have included a "None of the Above/No confidence" option on the ballot. Reporting those numbers would help distinguish the protest vote from the apathetic. But it's hard with submitting a blank ballot. It isn't clear that the submitter was being more deliberate than the person who didn't understand and filled in too many bubbles.

Reactions: aieyiamfu
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,127,022.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I do not want much government. The government I DO want short of defense is on the state level.
How does this relate to Cruz's Biblical theology and the Constitution, or doesn't it?

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟914,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0

aieyiamfu

Nov 13, 2015
✟27,924.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
How so? If they chose not to use their voice and allowed OTHERS to make that decision then what right do they have to raise cane when things do not go their way?
Because they did not endorse the corrupt system.

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

aieyiamfu

Nov 13, 2015
✟27,924.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
If enough people voted third party that would be one way to show that we were displeased even if the third party did not get any where close to enough electical votes. Particularly, if the displeasure was spread across the country as opposed to say in a particular area.
And you think the powers that be care about the displeasure of the masses, how naive.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟914,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Because they did not endorse the corrupt system.
Well, we have to have some leadership and voting is how we choose those leaders
. If we want to change the system you do not do it by being silent. My father was always complaining about our county board of education. You know what I would tell him? If you feel THAT strongly that the system is strewed up and you do not like the way the board of education is running things run for the office. No, I am not telling you to run for president, but simply NOT voting will not change the system. If you ( general) do not like the options for a given office then either support someone different either through third parties or writing someone in or if you again general can run for office yourself and promise to promote the changes you would like to see.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟914,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I think I'd rather vote for Trump over Hillary because Hillary is pro abortion.
pro-abortion or pro-choice there is a difference. In fact, I do not know anyone who would be pro-abortion because we would die out if we did that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟914,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
And you think the powers that be care about the displeasure of the masses, how naive.
They may not care, but if people do not vote then in a sense that says THEY do not care.

Upvote 0

TerranceL

Sarcasm is kind of an art isn't it?
Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
How many is enough though.
That's the thing, no matter how many supporters you have both of the parties will try to keep your voice from being heard.

That's what they both learned from the Angriest Gnome Perot. After that election the RNC and the DNC got together and changed the debate rules to make it harder for a third party to debate.

Upvote 0

stamperben

It's an old family tradition
Oct 16, 2011
✟53,694.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
What it would most likely say is...nothing. Just as with write-in votes, the counting boards just don't report such things. If two million voters bothered to show up and vote a blank ballot, there probably would be some notice taken of it in the press, but not it if were anything of a more likely size.
The number was just that, arbitrary in nature. But let me ask you, are you satisfied with the two party system we currently operate under?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟844,216.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I think I'd rather vote for Trump over Hillary because Hillary is pro abortion.

You truly believe that Trump, the strong supporter of Planned Parenthood, would do anything to make abortions illegal? Reagan didn't. Bush didn't. Why do you expect something different form Trump?

Upvote 0

aieyiamfu

Nov 13, 2015
✟27,924.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
What are these other ways?
Refusing to participate in the corruption, protesting, participating in the established system as much is as possible, really any non-violent resistance sends as much of a message as condoning system by voting for the lesser of two evils (if you can even figure out who that is) or for someone who can't possibly win. I really don't believe the federal government should even exist, outside of maybe national defense, and that is a big maybe.

Upvote 0