United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
why?

i also wanted to adopt but not sure how my wife will like that.
because I am disabled and not really good on my feet (balance wise) and I do not want to hurt my toddler by falling on him or her. Plus since most people do want babies there are MANY older children in the foster system and they kick you out of the system at 18.

Upvote 0

seavessel44

Aug 15, 2010
in the USA - "proud to be an American where at lea
✟1,560.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I honestly do not think I want kids.
I get stressed easily and do not have think I have the patience to deal with kids.
Also, I do not want to lose my freedom.
I mean I want to live my life as a married couple who never had kids.
I know several married couples who never chose to have kids, in fact one of the couple goes traveling all the time to Europe, etc..they could do all that, because they saved a lot of money since they chose not to have kids.
Having kids is not for everyone.

Upvote 0

Miss Spaulding

Virtus semper viridis
Jan 6, 2005
The Tropics
✟109,434.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I would like to have my own children one day. Am I a huge fan of children? Not particularly. However, I can completely understand, especially as a woman, the difference in a relationship/bond sense when it comes to your 'own' children. I know I will feel differently with my own kids.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LivetoLove

Follower of a Beautiful Saviour
Oct 12, 2011
✟215.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Not anytime soon, but one day...

I have three foster siblings under 7, who've lived with my family since they were 3 years old. The eldest has autism and the youngest has developmental delays.
I often babysit them, sometimes for up to 2 weeks (I'm certified with the foster agency :))... and gosh, it's so exhausting. Driving them to school, making lunches, helping with homework, taking them to sports, preparing dinner, getting them showered, putting them to bed (the best bit ;)) and then doing it all over again the next day is actually so tiring. Lots of fun at times, but tiring.
I respect the day-in day-out work that parents do so much more and I'd definitely like to experience the child-free married life for a few years before jumping into the deep end. :)

But when I eventually do have children, I'm hoping for just two... three is my maximum!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.