the Kingdom of God
✟19,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Who else loves to play animal crossing? I’ve played the ones for Wii, 3DS and switch. IMO the switch one is the best but the villagers are more interesting in the other versions. Anyone else like the AC lore? Anyone have the DLC?

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
I do but I haven't played in ages because my Switch has that issue with joycon drift and I haven't fixed it yet. And I'd just gotten Flora on my island before it got too annoying to play.

Upvote 0

Vesper_Jaye✝️

Truth-Seeker
Dec 29, 2021
the Kingdom of God
✟19,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It has a very cozy atmosphere. I'm not too much of a designer but it's cool to see what other people do with their islands.
My island looks terrible right now…

Upvote 0

-Luca

Apr 11, 2017
United Kingdom
✟29,361.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I’ve never heard of stardew valley. What is it?
So basically it is a RPG simulation where you move to this farm which you inherited from your grandfather, and you build up your farm, interact with the Stardew towns people, explore, carry out missions, you can go mining for minerals and resources. Its a really chilled out game

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Vesper_Jaye✝️

Truth-Seeker
Dec 29, 2021
the Kingdom of God
✟19,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Is it full of weeds or you just threw stuff everywhere?
Both, plus there’s random flowers everywhere. Flowers can look nice, but they don’t look great when they’re covering almost every square inch of the island with no particular order. In prefer to remodel, I have to dig up hundreds of flowers first. Plus, there’s random carrots, pumpkins, and sugar cane everywhere. I’ve been meaning to put them in their own area with a fence around them, but I’ve been to lazy to do it.

Upvote 0

Vesper_Jaye✝️

Truth-Seeker
Dec 29, 2021
the Kingdom of God
✟19,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So basically it is a RPG simulation where you move to this farm which you inherited from your grandfather, and you build up your farm, interact with the Stardew towns people, explore, carry out missions, you can go mining for minerals and resources. Its a really chilled out game
Sounds fun! Is it a game for Nintendo Switch?

Upvote 0

angelsaroundme

Mar 4, 2020
Georgia
✟141,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Both, plus there’s random flowers everywhere. Flowers can look nice, but they don’t look great when they’re covering almost every square inch of the island with no particular order. In prefer to remodel, I have to dig up hundreds of flowers first. Plus, there’s random carrots, pumpkins, and sugar cane everywhere. I’ve been meaning to put them in their own area with a fence around them, but I’ve been to lazy to do it.
You have a similar design philosophy to myself lol. I threw everything around my yard and put flowers everywhere with no concern for how it looks. I don't have carrots, pumpkins, and sugar cane though. I was too lazy to start it so you beat me there. I'm just not really sure what to do but maybe if I visited other people's islands more I'd have some ideas.

Upvote 0

Vesper_Jaye✝️

Truth-Seeker
Dec 29, 2021
the Kingdom of God
✟19,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You have a similar design philosophy to myself lol. I threw everything around my yard and put flowers everywhere with no concern for how it looks. I don't have carrots, pumpkins, and sugar cane though. I was too lazy to start it so you beat me there. I'm just not really sure what to do but maybe if I visited other people's islands more I'd have some ideas.
I drew some plans for my island a while ago, but that’s about as far as I’ve gotten. I made a town square in the center of my island, with Able Sisters, Nook’s Cranny, and the Resident Services place. It’s surrounded by a stone walkway and a stone and iron fence with stone lion dogs at the entrance (lion dogs are the closest thing animal crossing has to gargoyles as far as I’ve seen). That’s about all I’ve done.
upload_2022-1-24_11-30-55.jpeg

upload_2022-1-24_11-31-20.png

I’m hoping to eventually have a medieval gothic island with a cathedral with a graveyard, a museum with a garden with statues and black and white roses nearly surrounded by a cliff, a village, a castle, etc. But because I put so many random flowers and veggies everywhere, it’s going to take a lot of time and willpower to get my island where I want it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

angelsaroundme

Mar 4, 2020
Georgia
✟141,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I drew some plans for my island a while ago, but that’s about as far as I’ve gotten. I made a town square in the center of my island, with Able Sisters, Nook’s Cranny, and the Resident Services place. It’s surrounded by a stone walkway and a stone and iron fence with stone lion dogs at the entrance (lion dogs are the closest thing animal crossing has to gargoyles as far as I’ve seen). That’s about all I’ve done.
View attachment 311532

View attachment 311533

I’m hoping to eventually have a medieval gothic island with a cathedral with a graveyard, a museum with a garden with statues and black and white roses nearly surrounded by a cliff, a village, a castle, etc. But because I put so many random flowers and veggies everywhere, it’s going to take a lot of time and willpower to get my island where I want it.
That sounds pretty cool to me. I'd like to see it and believe you can do it. :)

I might like those lion dogs more than gargoyles. Although I have a bias towards anything with wings.

Upvote 0

Vesper_Jaye✝️

Truth-Seeker
Dec 29, 2021
the Kingdom of God
✟19,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That sounds pretty cool to me. I'd like to see it and believe you can do it. :)

I might like those lion dogs more than gargoyles. Although I have a bias towards anything with wings.
Thanks! I’ll take pictures and post them as I do more stuff to the island! (Is there a way to get pictures from the switch to a phone?)

Upvote 0

Vesper_Jaye✝️

Truth-Seeker
Dec 29, 2021
the Kingdom of God
✟19,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
By the time I get back to my island, I'll probably have to go around trashing a bunch of plants and such.
My island started to get really bad when I skipped ahead in time 40 years to try to get more bells (it didn’t work). One randomly planted flower turned into hundreds!

• Prayers
Reactions: bekkilyn
Upvote 0

angelsaroundme

Mar 4, 2020
Georgia
✟141,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Thanks! I’ll take pictures and post them as I do more stuff to the island! (Is there a way to get pictures from the switch to a phone?)
I look forward to it. :)

The only way I know to get pictures from the Switch is to post them to Twitter and save them there. Not sure if there is an easier way.

Upvote 0