Who Attends Hillsong Hills

phoenix_kid82

Jul 29, 2004
Sydney
✟495.00
Faith
Christian
artofwar said:

Hey Pheonix kid do you goto Powerhouse? Are you going tonight? i would be glad to meet you at city as im one of the Powerhouse leaders there

Nah, i don't go to youth. I'm involved in everything else except youth. I also gatecrash the occasional Frontline event cos most of my friends are in that age group. I bet i know you though. I feel like i'm at a masked ball in here!! Yeah, i live with other Hillsong-ites in a shared house in the area. What do you do there anyway? Like what do you do when you serve? Set up the cafe, usher (oops) i mean host?

Upvote 0

phoenix_kid82

Jul 29, 2004
Sydney
✟495.00
Faith
Christian
I am hoping to do some travelling around Australia in November, may even make a trip to Hillsongs - we sing heaps of their songs at church so it would be cool to go and check out the hillsongs church :)

Yay!!! You will be made to feel very welcome. Did you know there's a Hillsong in London?

Upvote 0

Col

Good looking and modest
Nov 16, 2003
Canberra
✟8,433.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
When I lived in Castle Hill in Sydney I used to go the Hillsong when they were very small and were still holding services in the Hills Centre. I remember one evening service I went to and there were probably only abour 30 people there and Brian Houston sat on the edge of the stage while he preached (when he wasn't on the move). It was very intimate and really nice. I have continued to go there whenever I happen to be in Sydney, and occasionally I drive up to Sydney just for church at Hills for a change. I live in Canberra so its only a couple of hours easy drive.

I don't know why people are so negative about Hills on these boards, CF is the first place I have ever encountered this negative feeling by some.
I can say from my experience that they only change to Hillsong over the years that I can see, has been its size. Its ministry and aim have remained ostensibly the same, albeit now on a grander scale.
The Praise and Worship music that has come from the gifted people within Hillsong has been and continues to be a blessing in my life.
I can honestly say that Hillsong has had a great impact on my Christian life.

Bless Ya

Upvote 0

Lozzauk

Jan 18, 2005
England
Visit site
✟7,875.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hey

Yeah thanks Phoenix for the tip, I did know there was a Hillsongs in London which I will probably check out at some point there is also a Hillsongs affiliated church in the city I live but I am quite involved with my current church so don't really get chance to go to others - it's all good.

Upvote 0

Lozzauk

Jan 18, 2005
England
Visit site
✟7,875.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
No it's not Paul Scanlon's church but I have been there. It's in Bradford which is about 3 and half hours away from where I live hense why I have only been once. It's all good though. The worship leader at Paul Scanlon's church used to be in Neighbours he played Nick Page I think his real name is Marks somebody - A little bit of useless information for you.

Upvote 0

LivingWorship

My soul dances in freedom, my heart forever sings
Feb 9, 2004
Sydney
Visit site
✟10,237.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Lozzauk said:
No it's not Paul Scanlon's church but I have been there. It's in Bradford which is about 3 and half hours away from where I live hense why I have only been once. It's all good though. The worship leader at Paul Scanlon's church used to be in Neighbours he played Nick Page I think his real name is Marks somebody - A little bit of useless information for you.
Mark Stevens - yes you are correct he was on TV. He used to sing at Hillsong, then met Paul's daughter, and went over there to marry her. I must say I love the Abundant Life music, I have heard a few snippets and it's awesome! If ever I'm in the north of England I will visit that place... Paul's got a heart for the lost there.... he set up a ministry simply for people t o drive buses and would collect all the people he could find that wanted to be in church but couldn't make it on their own... the church has since exploded in growth :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lozzauk

Jan 18, 2005
England
Visit site
✟7,875.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yeah I have both Abundant life CDs and they are really good. If you can get hold of them over there I definitely recommend them. I enjoyed the church when I went it was Good and God is really blessing them. I was shocked at the length of the service as it seemed fairly short, compared to what I am used to!

Upvote 0

LivingWorship

My soul dances in freedom, my heart forever sings
Feb 9, 2004
Sydney
Visit site
✟10,237.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
heh... well I suppose many a sermon tend to go too long without saying too much ;) I'm not always a big fan of the way the big churches preach because often they oversimplify things and say how much God wants to bless but don't say God may want to stretch you in the process... but sometimes our sermons go way too long! At our church we have this speaker who regularly visits (he's a missionary) and he's always putting a DVD on and for about 25 mins or so he'll speak about his ministry then go on to a near hour long sermon... I recall some rather impatient people that day :) The service went about 45 mins over... but fortunately only two or three walked out early...

OK long post... that said it bugs me to see Christians trying to hurry up and watch their watches and can't wait to leave the House. C'mon it's one day a week... and I understand for those who work Sundays... fair enough. And the non-Christian with the the short attention span for the things of God... but it's sad when Christians do that... my beef for today :D

Upvote 0

Lozzauk

Jan 18, 2005
England
Visit site
✟7,875.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yeah I see your point. I am someone who gets easily distracted during long sermons and I have them every Sunday lol but sometimes I feel that some of the necessary details may not get covered in a short period of time. Although I must admit I struggle with concentration after about 25 minutes haha. Oh well!!!

Upvote 0

shout2thelord

adopted aussie :)
Oct 11, 2002
crewe, england
Visit site
✟2,215.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
hey everyone back in england :(

abundant life is cool i visit all the time well to the womens meetings on thurs. it takes me abt 3 hrs to get there but i dnt care i went every fornight in the summer.

The worshipleader is called Mark stevens he used to be on gthe hillsong worship team until he married bethan scanlon thats how he ended up at bradford.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

anett

Nov 19, 2004
Hungary
Visit site
✟9,305.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
brizzy said:
I am fan of the Hillsong, actually by correspondence I finished some Bible School from the Hillsong:wave: , and just let you know guys, in Hungary very-very popular the Hillsong songs, certainly translated to Hungarian.( I came from Hungary):clap:

I bless them too and I can confirm what brizzy says, cause in my church and tons of other churches here we sing translated Hillsong songs! They are great and we really like them. :clap:

Upvote 0