Who are Unitarians?

Supernaut

What did they aim for when they missed your heart?
Jun 12, 2009
Sacramento, CA
✟12,439.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I was doing research on the Prosperity prayer, and noticed Unity Churches popping up. It the Unity Church also know as Unitarians? Is this prayer something that Unitarians are known for?
Many many thanks!!

Hello!

Well I read the link in your sig...from what I saw, it seems to be the "God make me rich in Jesus Name!" prayer often seen in the mega churches.

The United Church of Christ has nothing to do with such things.

I am not too familiar with the UU Churches, perhaps you can go to one of their websites? They can answer that question better than the UCC since we are in no way affiliated with the UU.

God bless!!

Upvote 0

fieryphoenix

Iconic Radical Scholar
Jan 19, 2008
Catonsville, MD
✟7,746.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I was doing research on the Prosperity prayer, and noticed Unity Churches popping up. It the Unity Church also know as Unitarians? Is this prayer something that Unitarians are known for?
Many many thanks!!

The Unity Church is different from the Unitarian Universalists. Neither church is into the prosperity movement.

Upvote 0

camethodactor

Sep 21, 2007
Claremont, CA
✟15,629.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Green
Unity and Unitarian are two separate traditions. As one who came into the United Church of Christ (UCC) from the Unitarian Universalists, there is a range of opinion within the larger UUA about the role of Christian tradition in local parish. There is the Council of Christian Churches in the UUA that are the explicitly Christian Universalist or Christian Unitarian churches in the tradition of King's Chapel in Boston, Universalist National Memorial Church in DC, All Souls Bethlehem Church in Brooklyn, Church of the Open Door in Chicago, First Parish in Weston, MA or First Universalist Church of Providence, RI. There are others like All Souls, Unitarian in Tulsa, New York, or DC that while pluralistic, keeps the Christian tradition alive. Yet there are others usually those parishes on the West Coast or the Midwest that were founded in the Fellowship Movement or after that are religiously generic or narrowly defined as humanistic. The Christian Universalist and Christian Unitarian voices are still kept alive in the [URL="http://uuchristian.org"]UU Christian Fellowship. [/URL]

Upvote 0