✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Why are you a Christian and not a Jew?

Sorry for the basic question, and it should be in exploring Christianty, but I can not post a thread there.
Technically, those who believe in YHWH, and Jesus are both Jews and Christians, or Jewish-Christians, or Christian-Jews...

That is technically what all of us are supposed to be, after all, Jesus was a Jew...

God's people are those who have the Love of God in their heart, by the way...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Do Jews have to find Jesus?What do they have to do to be saved in the end times and or when they die?
I would say they do (have to), but that can happen in their heart, and they may not even know it as well, depending on the individual... If they reject the Jesus or image of Jesus the Church perpetuates cause they believe it to be off, or incorrect, or wrong or are just plain turned off, or have been turned off, by the "religion" of Christianity and what it is "pushing" which may not be the true Jesus...

Anyways, without getting into to much more detail, in most cases, "Yes" Jewish people have to come to some kind of belief in Jesus, but also, Christians, cannot reject and have to come to some kind of belief in YHWH as God, as well, but, there are always a "minority" of "exceptions to the rule(s)" of that...

Like having have them been having misrepresented to them by man, and their rejections or being turned off from either are for those reasons... (God Knows) In that case, if they still have the Love of God in their heart, they have not actually "rejected" God, but "man"...

God Bless!

Reactions: Clintos
Upvote 0

littlebopeek

Feb 11, 2017
Florida
✟18,063.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Engaged
I am not Jewish, but if I understand it, they are still waiting for the Day of Judgment which will come after the Messiah, which they say has not happened yet. I think they believe in the resurrection after those things happen as well but i know almost nothing about Judaism - this might spur me to research it a bit tho!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Billy Graham said --- "When names are called for crowns in heaven, they will be the nameless hidden saints among us. They may not be called Christians. They just love God."

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do Jews have to find Jesus?What do they have to do to be saved in the end times and or when they die?
Jews do have to accept Jesus. And a time is coming when they will all accept him, from the least to the greatest

Upvote 0

Clintos

Feb 3, 2017
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
✟27,562.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I am not Jewish, but if I understand it, they are still waiting for the Day of Judgment which will come after the Messiah, which they say has not happened yet. I think they believe in the resurrection after those things happen as well but i know almost nothing about Judaism - this might spur me to research it a bit tho!

Same here

Upvote 0

Clintos

Feb 3, 2017
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
✟27,562.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Are people like Sid Roth Judeo-Christians, or are they still jews but pro Jesus ?

What do Jews think of Sid Roth?

Is John hagee similar to Sid Roth?

Sorry for the weird questions. My mother watches these shows and I watch them too, but I get confused. She watches Jack Van Impe as well and he says to watch out for interfaith.

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Why are you a Christian and not a Jew?

Sorry for the basic question, and it should be in exploring Christianty, but I can not post a thread there.

Israel is God's chosen people, which is largely made up of Jews, but it also includes Gentiles who have been grafted into Israel through faith in Messiah (Romans 9:6-8, Ephesians 2:12-19). However, Gentiles do not need to become Jewish proselytes in order to do so and according to Paul, Jews should remain Jews and Gentiles should remain Gentiles (1 Corinthians 7:18). At its roots, Christianity was a sect of Judaism, so it was no more distinct from Judaism than Protestants and Catholics are distinct from Christianity. After all, Christians are following a Jewish Messiah, who came in fulfillment of Jewish prophecy, and who did not come to start his own religion, but bring fullness to Judaism. For roughly the first 7-15 years after Messiah's resurrection up until the the inclusion of Gentiles in Acts 10, all Christians were Jews, so there is not necessarily a division between the two, which means that Jews did not have to give up their Jewishness in order to follow their Jewish Messiah. So people are Christians because they have faith in Christ and seek to follow his example and people are Jews because they were born Jews or have become Jewish proselytes.

I recommend listening to this intro to Galatians which details the groups of people that were around during that time, as well as the rest of it if you're interested in a good study:

Galatians- Messianic Jewish audio teachings by Stan Farr

Last edited:
  • Winner
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
A little off topic but what about the old and new testament how does it work being a christian should they lean towards the new covenant or old covenent?

Christians are under the New Covenant, but we are still under the same God. God has always been righteous, so the way to act according to God's righteousness has existed from the beginning and would exist even if God had made no covenants with man, but it was revealed through His covenants. There are many of example of God's Laws being in place before He gave them at Sinai, so the Mosaic Covenant was not God saying that these actions are now righteous or that they are only righteous for people who are under that covenant, but rather God was revealing the actions that had always been righteous. There is a difference between a set of instructions for how to do what is righteous and a covenant agreement to abide by those instruction, and anyone who wants to find out how to do what is righteous can do so by reading the Mosaic Law. If a particular action was righteous before Messiah came, but after he came that is not longer the case, then God's righteousness has changed, but God's righteousness is eternal and does not change.

Similarly, in 1 Peter 1:13-16, we are told to have a holy conduct not because we should be like Jews or because we are under a particular covenant, but because God is holy, which is a reference to Leviticus, so following God's instructions for how to have a holy conduct is about acting according to the holiness of our God. Likewise, in 2 Timothy 3:16-17, Paul was referring to OT Scripture when he said that it was profitable to equip us for doing every good work. God's Law is His his instructions for how to do what is holy, righteous, and good (Roman 7:12) and as part of the New Covenant, we are still told to do what God has revealed to be holy, righteous, and good (1 John 3:10, Ephesians 2:10). All of God's previous covenants incorporated the covenants that came before them and I think the New Covenant is no different, but I'll be up front that I see much more continuity between the OT and NT than most Christians do.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
For example as far as I know the new testament says to turn the cheek and the old testament says eye for an eye. are we suppose to find a common ground? or are we suppose to use our discretion?
Treat them how you would want to treated if you were doing what they were or are doing (to you, at you), Anyways, treat them how you would want and/or expect to be treated, or how you would want someone to "handle" you if you were doing what they are doing... Try to remember Love does "what's best" for them, you and others in the end...

I think that's the shaky, middle ground... "With what judgment you are judging, (or dishing or dealing out), will be how it is dealt (out/back) to you", if you were, or are, or ever do, the same...

Be gentle...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
For example as far as I know the new testament says to turn the cheek and the old testament says eye for an eye. are we suppose to find a common ground? or are we suppose to use our discretion?

Whenever Jesus quoted from the OT, he proceeded it by saying "it is written", but whenever he quoted from what the teachers of the law had been saying, he proceeded it by saying "you have heard that it was said", so in Matthew 5 Jesus was not making changes or disagreeing with what the OT said, but rather he was correcting what was wrongly being taught about it. For example:

Matthew 5:43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’

While the OT certainly commands us to love our neighbor (Leviticus 19:18), it does not command us to hate our enemy, which was what was being wrongly taught about it. An "eye for eye" is a good guideline for judges to make sure that the punishment fits the crime and does not escalate out of proportion, but it was not intended to be used in personal matters as an excuse for revenge, so Jesus was again correcting what was wrongly being taught about it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Treat them how you would want to treated if you were doing what they were or are doing (to you, at you), Anyways, treat them how you would want and/or expect to be treated, or how you would want someone to "handle" you if you were doing what they are doing... Try to remember Love does "what's best" for them, you and others in the end...

I think that's the shaky, middle ground... "With what judgment you are judging, (or dishing or dealing out), will be how it is dealt (out/back) to you", if you were, or are, or ever do, the same...

Be gentle...

God Bless!
This requires though, that you have to consider, that you must "put yourself in their shoes" if you judge... Cause, you have to consider if you had lived their life, and had all the same experiences they did, instead of your own, would you be like they are right then...?

They might actually be innocent, if you consider this, (though more than likely not cause no one really is) But, anyway, you have to consider this before saying anything to them about it to try and correct them or set them straight in some way...

And, this should lead you to very patient and merciful with them, only choosing to try or make an attempt to correct them, or set them straight, only done in a spirit of meekness, mildness, and extreme gentleness...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Clintos

Feb 3, 2017
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
✟27,562.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Israel is God's chosen people, which is largely made up of Jews, but it also includes Gentiles who have been grafted into Israel through faith in Messiah (Romans 9:6-8, Ephesians 2:12-19). However, Gentiles do not need to become Jewish proselytes in order to do so and according to Paul, Jews should remain Jews and Gentiles should remain Gentiles (1 Corinthians 7:18). At its roots, Christianity was a sect of Judaism, so it was no more distinct from Judaism than Protestants and Catholics are distinct from Christianity. After all, Christians are following a Jewish Messiah, who came in fulfillment of Jewish prophecy, and who did not come to start his own religion, but bring fullness to Judaism. For roughly the first 7-15 years after Messiah's resurrection up until the the inclusion of Gentiles in Acts 10, all Christians were Jews, so there is not necessarily a division between the two, which means that Jews did not have to give up their Jewishness in order to follow their Jewish Messiah. So people are Christians because they have faith in Christ and seek to follow his example and people are Jews because they were born Jews or have become Jewish proselytes.

I recommend listening to this intro to Galatians which details the groups of people that were around during that time, as well as the rest of it if you're interested in a good study:

Galatians- Messianic Jewish audio teachings by Stan Farr

Jew and Gentile one body in Christ, I see. This means we are Equals?

Upvote 0

Clintos

Feb 3, 2017
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
✟27,562.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Matthew 5:43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.

How do we know who are thy enemy to hate? Who are our neighbours that we shall Love? Sorry for the basic questions

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Jew and Gentile one body in Christ, I see. This means we are Equals?

No one has special status in regard to who can be in Christ, so in that regard we are all equal, but I think that God has made some promises specifically for the Jewish people. I recommend Joel Richardson's book When a Jew rules the World:

When A Jew Rules the World: What the Bible Really Says about Israel in the Plan of God: Joel Richardson: 0884505724438: Amazon.com: Books

How do we know who are thy enemy to hate? Who are our neighbours that we shall Love? Sorry for the basic questions

It is better to ask questions than not have them answered. :)

That was the issue, Leviticus 19:18 tells us not to hate our brother, so who is our brother? And does that imply that we should hate those who are not our brother? Jesus answered that question in Luke 10:25-37.

Upvote 0