Ohio
✟7,646.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Who are Christ's enemies, and why is it a comfort to know that in time they will all be conquered?

Heb 10:13
Since that time he waits for his enemies to be made his footstool

1 Corinthians 15:25-27
25For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. 26The last enemy to be destroyed is death. 27For he "has put everything under his feet." Now when it says that "everything" has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ. :confused:^_^

bsd13

Jan 31, 2008
North of Boston Ma
✟1,037.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Anyone who does not gather with Him is an enemy. Anyone who is not saved is an enemy of Christ and is hated with a holy hatred.

A popular yet wholly false interpretation of scriptures is that God loves everyone. Yet what the scripture teaches is that God loves his children, those reborn of Christ, and hates non-believers.

Upvote 0

Tavita

beside quiet waters He restores my soul..
Sep 20, 2004
Singleton NSW
✟7,551.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
AU-Liberals
Anyone who does not gather with Him is an enemy. Anyone who is not saved is an enemy of Christ and is hated with a holy hatred.

A popular yet wholly false interpretation of scriptures is that God loves everyone. Yet what the scripture teaches is that God loves his children, those reborn of Christ, and hates non-believers.

What do you do with this verse then, which is one amongst many...

Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth on him should not perish, but have eternal life.

World
κόσμος
kosmos
kos'-mos
Probably from the base of G2865; orderly arrangement, that is, decoration; by implication the world (in a wide or narrow sense, including its inhabitants, literally or figuratively [morally]): - adorning, world.

Mat 5:44 But I say unto you (Christ speaking), Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

So you don't believe God loved you before you were saved? Why on earth would He save you if He didn't love you? Why would Jesus suffer the cross if He didn't love you?

Upvote 0

Tavita

Sep 20, 2004
Singleton NSW
✟7,551.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
AU-Liberals
Who are Christ's enemies, and why is it a comfort to know that in time they will all be conquered?

Heb 10:13
Since that time he waits for his enemies to be made his footstool

1 Corinthians 15:25-27
25For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. 26The last enemy to be destroyed is death. 27For he "has put everything under his feet." Now when it says that "everything" has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ. :confused:^_^

I believe God's enemies to be unbelievers, satan and his hordes, and the FLESH. The flesh is the greatest enemy, and this is what motivates unbelievers and what satan feeds on. The flesh is the reason the Law was given. The flesh is totally hostile against God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hentenza

I will fear no evil for You are with me
Mar 27, 2007
On the bus to Heaven
✟60,078.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What do you do with this verse then, which is one amongst many...

Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth on him should not perish, but have eternal life.

World
κόσμος
kosmos
kos'-mos
Probably from the base of G2865; orderly arrangement, that is, decoration; by implication the world (in a wide or narrow sense, including its inhabitants, literally or figuratively [morally]): - adorning, world.

Mat 5:44 But I say unto you (Christ speaking), Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

So you don't believe God loved you before you were saved? Why on earth would He save you if He didn't love you? Why would Jesus suffer the cross if He didn't love you?

John 3:16 is for those that believe "Pisteuo" in Christ. All others are not going to be saved unless they repent and come to Christ. Also, loving your enemies does not mean accepting your enemies views. Christ is clear that His the light and the only way to the Father.

Upvote 0

Tavita

Sep 20, 2004
Singleton NSW
✟7,551.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
AU-Liberals
John 3:16 is for those that believe "Pisteuo" in Christ. All others are not going to be saved unless they repent and come to Christ. Also, loving your enemies does not mean accepting your enemies views. Christ is clear that His the light and the only way to the Father.

I was more interested in the 'for God so loved the world' bit. I hope you're not referring to my belief in all men will be saved, Hentenza. I WAS trying to leave that part alone.

Of course loving your enemies does not mean accepting your enemies views. And yes, I agree... Christ IS the ONLY WAY to the Father.

Luk 6:35 But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.

Love is a 'doing' word.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HumbleServant94

Miami Disciple
Sep 25, 2008
my house
✟8,347.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Personally I believe that Christ's enemies are unbelievers, pagans, atheists, and demons. God loves everyone, but those that don't believe Christ are with the devil. This may seem confusing, but when you think about it, it really isn't. Just read the Bible to find your answer.

Upvote 0

martymonster

Veteran
Dec 15, 2006
✟175,709.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Christ's enemies are still the same today as they were 2000 years ago during His earthly ministry.

You would have to be blind to miss it, which is why most do.

Mat 9:10 And it came to pass, as Jesus sat at meat in the house, behold, many publicans and sinners came and sat down with him and his disciples.
Mat 9:11 And when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto his disciples, Why eateth your Master with publicans and sinners?
Mat 9:12 But when Jesus heard that, he said unto them, They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick.
Mat 9:13 But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Mat 23:1 Then, Jesus spake unto the multitudes and unto his disciples,
Mat 23:2 saying—Upon Moses’ seat, have sat down, the Scribes and the Pharisees:
Mat 23:3 All things, therefore, whatsoever they tell you, do and observe,—but, according to their works, do ye not, for they, say, and do not, perform.Mat 23:4 But they bind together heavy burdens, and lay upon men’s shoulders, whereas, they, with their finger, are not willing to move them.
Mat 23:5 But, all their works, they do, to be gazed at, by men,—for they make broad their amulets, and make large their fringes,
Mat 23:6 And dearly love the first couch in the chief meals, and the first seats in the synagogues,
Mat 23:7 And the salutations in the market-places, and to be called by men, Rabbi.
Mat 23:8 But, ye,—do not be called Rabbi,—for, one, is your Teacher, and, all ye, are brethren;
Mat 23:9 And, father, be none of you called, upon the earth, for, one, is your Father, the Heavenly;
Mat 23:10 Neither be called leaders, for, your leader, is one, the Christ;
Mat 23:11 And, the greatest of you, shall be to you, a minister;
Mat 23:12 And, whoever shall exalt himself, shall be, abased, and, whoever shall abase himself, shall be, exalted,
Mat 23:14 But alas for you, Scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites; because ye are locking up the kingdom of the heavens before men,—for, ye, are not entering, neither, them who are entering, suffer ye to enter.
Mat 23:15 Alas for you, Scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites: because ye compass sea and dry land, to make one convert—and, when it is done, ye make him a son of gehenna, twofold more than ye.
Mat 23:16 Alas for you, blind guides! that say—Whosoever shall swear by the Temple, it is, nothing, but, whosoever shall swear by the gold of the Temple, is bound:
Mat 23:17 Foolish and blind! for which is, greater, The gold, or the Temple that hath hallowed the gold?
Mat 23:18 And, whosoever shall swear by the altar, it is, nothing, but, whosoever shall swear by the gift that is upon it, is bound:
Mat 23:19 Blind! for which is greater, The gift, or the altar that halloweth the gift?
Mat 23:20 He therefore that hath sworn by the altar, sweareth by it, and by all that is upon it;
Mat 23:21 And, he that hath sworn by the Temple, sweareth by it, and by him who dwelleth therein;
Mat 23:22 And, he that hath sworn by heaven, sweareth by the throne of God, and by him who sitteth thereupon.
Mat 23:23 Alas for you, Scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites; because ye tithe the mint and the anise and the cummin,—and have dismissed the weightier matters of the law—the justice, the mercy, and the faith; whereas, these, it was binding, to do, and, those, not to, dismiss.
Mat 23:24 Blind guides! Straining out the gnat, but, the camel, swallowing.
Mat 23:25 Alas for you, Scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites; because ye cleanse the outside of the cup and of the dish,—while, within, they are full of plunder and intemperance.
Mat 23:26 Blind Pharisee! cleanse, first, the inside, of the cup and of the dish, that, the outside thereof, may become, clean.
Mat 23:27 Alas for you, Scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites; because ye make yourselves like sepulchres whitewashed, which, outside, indeed, appear, beautiful, but, within, are full, of dead men’s bones and all uncleanness,—
Mat 23:28 Thus, ye also, outside, indeed, appear to men, righteous, but, within, are full, of hypocrisy and lawlessness.
Mat 23:29 Alas for you, Scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites; because ye build the sepulchres of the prophets, and adorn the monuments of the righteous,
Mat 23:30 and say—If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been their partners in the blood of the prophets:
Mat 23:31 So that ye bear witness against yourselves, that ye are, sons, of them who murdered the prophets.
Mat 23:32 And, ye, fill ye up the measure of your fathers!
Mat 23:33 Serpents! broods of vipers! how should ye flee from the judgment of gehenna?
Mat 23:34 For this cause, lo! I, send unto you, prophets and wise men and scribes,—some from among them, ye will slay and crucify, And some from among them ye will—scourge in your synagogues, and pursue from city to city:
Mat 23:35 That there may come upon you—all righteous blood poured out upon the earth, from the blood of Abel the righteous, unto the blood of Zachariah, son of Barachiah, whom ye murdered between the Temple and the altar.

In short the religious leaders of the day were Jesus's enemies.

Lucky we don't live 2000 years ago, so there can't be any pharisee's today!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

martymonster

Veteran
Dec 15, 2006
✟175,709.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Joh 6:46 Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father.
Joh 6:47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.
Joh 6:48 I am that bread of life.
Joh 6:49 Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead.
Joh 6:50 This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die.
Joh 6:51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.
Joh 6:52 The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying, How can this man give us his flesh to eat?
Joh 6:53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
Joh 6:54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
Joh 6:55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.
Joh 6:56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.
Joh 6:57 As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.
Joh 6:58 This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.
Joh 6:59 These things said he in the synagogue, as he taught in Capernaum.
Joh 6:60 Many therefore of his disciples, when they had heard this, said, This is an hard saying; who can hear it?
Joh 6:61 When Jesus knew in himself that his disciples murmured at it, he said unto them, Doth this offend you?
Joh 6:62 What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before?
Joh 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.
Joh 6:64 But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him.
Joh 6:65 And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.
Joh 6:66 From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.