Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
DC Films' New Gods Director Ava DuVernay Threatens To Discriminate Against White Men When Hiring For Films - Bounding Into Comics

In this day and age of debating whether or not something is racist or someone is racist, we still have actual examples of clear racism...

She wrote, “Everyone has the right to their opinion. And we – Black producers with hiring power – have the right to not hire those who diminish us.”

"So, to the white men in this thread… if you don’t get that job you were up for, kindly remember… bias can go both ways. This is 2020 speaking,” she added.

This all started with a black film director asking specifically for black union editors to contact him (presumably for a job). This led to a bunch of white film production workers to rightfully call out the racism inherent in such a request.

The response was, predictably, bad. A black female actor/producer named Nicole French immediately started attacking and berating these white men as racist....because they called out racism against whites. She not only tried to shame them for speaking up...but she also linked their profiles and projects in what is clearly an attempt to subject them to being shamed and berated by others and to lose their jobs.

After this had gone on for awhile....Ava Duvernay, the black female director for the upcoming DC movie New Gods, joined the conversation with the quote I posted above. She basically says she's justified in not hiring white men because they're white men, and implied that it was justifiable for other black people in positions of power to do the same.

This stands out to me for a couple of reasons. The first is that it's predictable....I've watched many liberals in the media downplay, ignore, or rationalize racism against whites many times over in recent years. The second reason it stands out is the hypocrisy, the double standard, that it highlights from many who consider themselves liberal. They will act like racism is this tremendous problem that everyone needs to fight against....unless it's racism against whites, then it's not really a problem at all. Thirdly, the reaction from the left is wildly different. If this had been a couple of posts from white directors that defended hiring whites only....the political left would go bonkers. They would demand that those white directors lose their jobs and it would be front page news for a few days. Since it's black directors talking about excluding white people....they'll either get silence from the left or support.

What do you think? Are people justified in hiring people based on skin color? Should the left be outraged at this blatant display of racism and demand Ava Duvernay be fired from her directing job?

Is silence in this case equal to being complicit?

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
DC Films' New Gods Director Ava DuVernay Threatens To Discriminate Against White Men When Hiring For Films - Bounding Into Comics

In this day and age of debating whether or not something is racist or someone is racist, we still have actual examples of clear racism...

This all started with a black film director asking specifically for black union editors to contact him (presumably for a job). This led to a bunch of white film production workers to rightfully call out the racism inherent in such a request.

The response was, predictably, bad. A black female actor/producer named Nicole French immediately started attacking and berating these white men as racist....because they called out racism against whites. She not only tried to shame them for speaking up...but she also linked their profiles and projects in what is clearly an attempt to subject them to being shamed and berated by others and to lose their jobs.

After this had gone on for awhile....Ava Duvernay, the black female director for the upcoming DC movie New Gods, joined the conversation with the quote I posted above. She basically says she's justified in not hiring white men because they're white men, and implied that it was justifiable for other black people in positions of power to do the same.

This stands out to me for a couple of reasons. The first is that it's predictable....I've watched many liberals in the media downplay, ignore, or rationalize racism against whites many times over in recent years. The second reason it stands out is the hypocrisy, the double standard, that it highlights from many who consider themselves liberal. They will act like racism is this tremendous problem that everyone needs to fight against....unless it's racism against whites, then it's not really a problem at all. Thirdly, the reaction from the left is wildly different. If this had been a couple of posts from white directors that defended hiring whites only....the political left would go bonkers. They would demand that those white directors lose their jobs and it would be front page news for a few days. Since it's black directors talking about excluding white people....they'll either get silence from the left or support.

What do you think? Are people justified in hiring people based on skin color? Should the left be outraged at this blatant display of racism and demand Ava Duvernay be fired from her directing job?

I don't think it does much for their case.

• Agree
Reactions: Broken Fence
Upvote 0

7Cobalt

Jun 17, 2020
Texas
✟16,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Imagine if a White director decided they weren't going to hire Black people, that would be a blatant display of racism, and a career ending move. But suddenly because it's reversed it's debatable? Almost every normal, sane, educated person in this country, including myself, believe in racial equality. The left believes in Black superiority and it's painful how obviously biased they are towards White men and women, you can't choose your skin color after all, and as a White man myself, it hurts to see discrimination towards myself based solely on my skin color, racism towards White people exists, just as it's present towards Black people, our society has major flaws in the way we perceive race and the only way that we're going to get through it is by the love of Jesus Christ and by loving our neighbor as ourselves.

• Agree
Reactions: Broken Fence
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced

Christians should be living examples of treating all people the same regardless of race. Whether we should get all bent out of shape because discrimination exists in the world, I'm not so sure. What do we expect? The people of the world are Satan's puppets. Let's ensure that our house is in order.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,674,981.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Isn’t this just a reversal of bigotry that people of color have experienced?

Upvote 0

Broken Fence

God with us!
Site Supporter
May 1, 2020
TX to New Heaven, New Earth, New Jerusalem
✟142,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution

They are silent because they do not have the guts to stand against racism. If people would stop looking left the guy who just made a ton of money went right. You didn't see him cause your drinking the kool- aid, don't do that.

Racism in America give me a break. The race card can always be played racism never goes away. People are racist for all kinds of reasons. Just look out your window the enemy will use everything he can to deceive you. Now he has the media openly deceiving you. Everyone knows 90% of the news is owned by the 1%.

What do you think the next step will be. Global dominion checklist:
1. Global pandemic
2. Civil unrest
3. Global economy, war, martial law, take your pick. I am sure everyone sees where we are headed.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Thera
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

In many ways yes....

I think the main difference is that, in recent times at least, black people assumed this kind of bias was happening behind their backs. If a black person didn't get a job....the person who didn't hire them almost certainly didn't tell them the reason was because they are black. It was assumed that was the reason.

Things have gotten so bad at this point that black people can openly say they aren't going to hire white people...and they get praise and support for it instead of condemnation. You would have to go back to the pre civil rights era to see this kind of open discrimination against black people.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Either it's wrong, in which case it's equally wrong in reverse;

Or it's fine, in which case "whites only" is also fine.

Upvote 0

All Englands Skies

Christian-Syndicalist
Nov 4, 2008
Midlands
✟221,057.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single

Isn't the "they started it" line of thinking the domain of five year olds?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Broken Fence

God with us!
Site Supporter
May 1, 2020
TX to New Heaven, New Earth, New Jerusalem
✟142,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Isn't the "they started it" line of thinking the domain of five year olds?
I know right I read articles, watch the news, thinking to myself is the world really this immature. I can't imagine why, seems to me all journalists lost IQ overnight. My school paper had better reporting.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Welcome to the undeniable double standard of the liberals.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Welcome to the undeniable double standard of the liberals.

The thing is....they really don't see it that way. It's like many of them really see people as part of a racial group....and there's a scoring system for each group. You lose a point every time something bad happens to your group....and you gain a point every time something good is done for your group. Many of them see black people as this group that's constantly in the negative.....so it's ok if they mistreat people or are racist against whites because their score needs to even out. They like to call this "punching up"....as if it's ultimately harmless.

There's no real acknowledging that the white men in this article may have never done anything wrong to a black person, or may actually hold less "power" or influence than the black female director who is encouraging racism against whites. To many of them...those things aren't nearly as important as the fact that these guys are white men.

It's an incredibly racist view of the world.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The thing is....they really don't see it that way. It's like many of them really see people as part of a racial group....and there's a scoring system for each group. You lose a point every time something bad happens to your group....and you gain a point every time something good is done for your group. Many of them see black people as this group that's constantly in the negative.....so it's ok if they mistreat people or are racist against whites because their score needs to even out. They like to call this "punching up"....as if it's ultimately harmless.

There's no real acknowledging that the white men in this article may have never done anything wrong to a black person, or may actually hold less "power" or influence than the black female director who is encouraging racism against whites. To many of them...those things aren't nearly as important as the fact that these guys are white men.

It's an incredibly racist view of the world.
In the Seattle police exclusion zone there is going to be a demonstration tomorrow and the leaders of the demonstration have made it clear that whites are not welcome to be in the area. Sounds like an open invitation to some alt right groups to show up armed and ready for a fight. It is almost like the protestors want there to be blood in the streets. I hope and pray that nothing happens.

• Prayers
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Looks more like revenge to me. Not helpful. Blacks should protect their gains, not jeopardize them with acts like this.

Upvote 0
Aug 1, 2010
✟55,547.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Eye for an eye makes the whole world blind. The problem is the media pushes on blacks that it was the entire white race against them. They dont show how whites were marching with blacks in the 1960's. It has never at any point in history been "all whites are against blacks."

This director doesnt need to be labeled as a reverse racist or a terrible person. Shes bitter and hurting on the inside. She needs someone patient, kind, loving, forgiving and gentle to help her heal. She needs Jesus

• Friendly
Reactions: Thera
Upvote 0

Thera

Sep 21, 2019
Montreal
✟52,709.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'm shocked to see so many people silent on this. Silence is compliance.
Meh, they've been pushing for a race war, and probably they'll get it. I don't see most Democrats as any different to Communists, and this is how Communists work. If the system wasn't so rife with corruption, a whole heap of folks would be in jail for sedition and more.

Upvote 0