Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Uncle Rudy may be have been compromised by Russian intelligence....

"U.S. intelligence agencies warned the White House last year that President Trump’s personal lawyer Rudolph W. Giuliani was the target of an influence operation by Russian intelligence, according to four former officials familiar with the matter.
The warnings to the White House, which have not previously been reported, led national security adviser Robert O’Brien to caution Trump in a private conversation that any information Giuliani brought back from Ukraine should be considered contaminated by Russia, one of the former officials said.

The message was, “Do what you want to do, but your friend Rudy has been worked by Russian assets in Ukraine,” this person said. Officials wanted “to protect the president from coming out and saying something stupid,” particularly since he was facing impeachment over his own efforts to strong-arm Ukraine’s president into investigating the Bidens.

But O’Brien emerged from the meeting uncertain whether he had gotten through to the president. Trump had “shrugged his shoulders” at O’Brien’s warning, the former official said, and dismissed concern about his lawyer’s activities by saying, “That’s Rudy.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...158900-0ef5-11eb-b1e8-16b59b92b36d_story.html

Reactions: whatbogsends

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Uncle Rudy may be have been compromised by Russian intelligence....

"U.S. intelligence agencies warned the White House last year that President Trump’s personal lawyer Rudolph W. Giuliani was the target of an influence operation by Russian intelligence, according to four former officials familiar with the matter.
The warnings to the White House, which have not previously been reported, led national security adviser Robert O’Brien to caution Trump in a private conversation that any information Giuliani brought back from Ukraine should be considered contaminated by Russia, one of the former officials said.

The message was, “Do what you want to do, but your friend Rudy has been worked by Russian assets in Ukraine,” this person said. Officials wanted “to protect the president from coming out and saying something stupid,” particularly since he was facing impeachment over his own efforts to strong-arm Ukraine’s president into investigating the Bidens.

But O’Brien emerged from the meeting uncertain whether he had gotten through to the president. Trump had “shrugged his shoulders” at O’Brien’s warning, the former official said, and dismissed concern about his lawyer’s activities by saying, “That’s Rudy.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...158900-0ef5-11eb-b1e8-16b59b92b36d_story.html

I have to ask, should we believe this?

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

...of course that's up to you.

I will say this: Rudy would be an easy counterintelligence target for Russia...particularly when he was in the Ukraine openly looking for dirt on the Bidens.

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,176.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Why shouldn't you believe it. Particularly when one of the people Giuliani was working the closest with, Andrii Derkach, is known to have been on the payroll of Russian Intelligence for at least a decade. Trump's own Treasury department sanctioned Derkach for this reason and warned of Russian agents attempting to influence our elections.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ah, a fair comment among those who automatically believe it due to agenda.

So, how did you all want Trump to react to the news?

As with any POTUS, I would expect him to take the warnings of his security advisor seriously. However, Trump's mistrust of our country's intelligence services is well established. Trump declared as much in Helsinki.

• Agree
Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
As with any POTUS, I would expect him to take the warnings of his security advisor seriously. However, Trump's mistrust of our country's intelligence services is well established. Trump declared as much in Helsinki.

What would satisfy you that he had taken it seriously enough?

I mean he heard the news, and commented on it, so what then do you think he did with it? Do you have reason to believe he forgot about it, and would not take it into consideration later if need be?

Seems to me there simply isn't anything here but a charge of nothing designed to do just what it did, and get the sheep fired up about that nothing.

If one will just step back and look, they might see this is all a bit funny at the expense of the left.

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟877,652.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What would satisfy you that he had taken it seriously enough?

I mean he heard the news, and commented on it, so what then do you think he did with it? Do you have reason to believe he forgot about it, and would not take it into consideration later if need be?

Seems to me there simply isn't anything here but a charge of nothing designed to do just what it did, and get the sheep fired up about that nothing.

If one will just step back and look, they might see this is all a bit funny at the expense of the left.

I am especially unsure what Trump was supposed to do with the information when people think Trump was working for Putin as well.

Either Trump was working for Putin and would hardly be upset or surprised that his lawyer was getting information from the Russians.

Or Trump was not working for Putin and yet had been accused of such for years, and would therefore have some reason to be dubious of claims that his attorney was working for Putin.

Of course, it is possible that Trump was not working for Putin and Rudy was being fed info without being selective. But it is not hard to understand how Trump may have not seen this as a particularly compelling piece of news. They would still have to sort through whatever info Rudy got and determine its relative worth, considering the sources.

• Winner
Reactions: Kenny'sID
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am especially unsure what Trump was supposed to do with the information when people think Trump was working for Putin as well.

Either Trump was working for Putin and would hardly be upset or surprised that his lawyer was getting information from the Russians.

Or Trump was not working for Putin and yet had been accused of such for years, and would therefore have some reason to be dubious of claims that his attorney was working for Putin.

Of course, it is possible that Trump was not working for Putin and Rudy was being fed info without being selective. But it is not hard to understand how Trump may have not seen this as a particularly compelling piece of news. They would still have to sort through whatever info Rudy got and determine its relative worth, considering the sources.

Exactly, and that makes the whole thing a bit more funny. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Those are the only two possibilities eh?

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟877,652.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Those are the only two possibilities eh?

I listed a third. There could be more.

But the point being made was that Trump is going to interpret this from his point of view.

• Agree
Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0