While we wait for Jesus 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry

Jesus Paid It All
May 1, 2002
Visit site
✟14,307.00
We should be observing the Lord's Supper, or partaking of Communion or the Eucharist or whatever name we may know it as.

In I Corinthians11:23-26 we read: "For I have received of the Lord that which also I have delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which He was betrayed took bread: And when He had given thanks, He brake it, and said, 'Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.' After the manner same also He took the cup, when He had supped, saying, 'This cup is the new testament in My blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.' For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do show the Lord's death til He come."

JB Phillips expressed it this way:
The teaching I gave you was given me personally by the Lord himself, and it was this: the Lord Jesus, in the same night in which he was betrayed, took bread and when he had given thanks he broke it and said, "Take, eat, this is my body which is being broken for you. Do this in remembrance of me." Similarly when supper was ended, he took the cup saying, "This cup is the new agreement in my blood: do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me. This can only mean that whenever you eat this bread or drink of this cup, you are proclaiming that the Lord has died for you, and you will do that until he comes again.

But no matter the translation, we should be doing this as a testimony to the world of our Saviour's death, and a proclamation of His resurrection, and His imminent return for His Bride.

Status
Not open for further replies.