Southern
✟8,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I recently did my ancestry DNA, which I believe goes back 500 years. Here are my results: 55% Great Britain, 17% Scandinavian, 10% Irish, 7% Iberian Peninsula, 6% Finland/Russia, 3% Italy/Greece and the other is Caucasus. After reading about ancestry and looking at the maps I was wondering if there is any way to tell which of the 12 tribes we have descended from? Is that even possible?

Attachments

• IMG_1721.jpg
    IMG_1721.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 13
  • Agree
Reactions: DennisTate

Lazarus Short

Apr 6, 2016
Independence, Missouri, USA
✟294,142.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I believe that the peoples of Europe, and other places as well, are largely descended from the tribes of Israel, but ascribing an old tribe to a modern nation is tricky. I have read enough books on the subject to know that there is a lot of disagreement. I know of only two for sure - the tribe of Dan being well-represented in the Irish and the Danes - also the tribe of Zebulun and the Dutch.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
According to your DNA - you are NOT descended from any of the tribes; unless there is something in that remaining 2% from the Caucasus mountain region.
I believe that the peoples of Europe, and other places as well, are largely descended from the tribes of Israel,
That was debunked years ago. The 10 northern tribes went WEST and then north taking them to eastern Russia (Siberia) and not into Europe.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
After God confussed the languages at babel the people scattered around the world.
The jews came from the middle east and there were already people in europe by then.
Unless you have jewish ancestory you aren't decended from any of the tribes of Israel.

• Agree
Reactions: Papias
Upvote 0

Papias

Listening to TW4
Dec 22, 2005
✟57,276.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
As mentioned earlier, you aren't mainly from any of the "12 tribes of Israel", or your DNA would shown mostly Middle Eastern, which you don't show at all.

Europeans are mostly descended from ancient Europeans. The 12 tribes of Israel are irrelevant. People migrated to Europe around 40,000 years ago, long before Israel (and their "12 tribes") existed.
mp_full.2.jpg

In Christ-

Papias

P.S. The information from our DNA is really cool. Congrats on finding out your origins!

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I recently did my ancestry DNA, which I believe goes back 500 years. Here are my results: 55% Great Britain, 17% Scandinavian, 10% Irish, 7% Iberian Peninsula, 6% Finland/Russia, 3% Italy/Greece and the other is Caucasus. After reading about ancestry and looking at the maps I was wondering if there is any way to tell which of the 12 tribes we have descended from? Is that even possible?

In my opinion the scholarship of Orthodox Jewish historian Yair Davidiy is some of the best available on where the Lost Tribes of Israel may have migrated to.

www.britam.org/

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Even if it is correct, what value is there in being descended from a 'lost tribe of Israel' given that they were lost because of their rejection of God and the fact that salvation is through faith in Jesus not ones ancestors.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lazarus Short

Apr 6, 2016
Independence, Missouri, USA
✟294,142.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That was debunked years ago. The 10 northern tribes went WEST and then north taking them to eastern Russia (Siberia) and not into Europe.

Massive evidence will be required to convince me of that.

Upvote 0

Papias

Listening to TW4
Dec 22, 2005
✟57,276.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
In my opinion the scholarship of Orthodox Jewish historian Yair Davidiy is some of the best available on where the Lost Tribes of Israel may have migrated to.

That site has no credibility. Not only does he make claims with no support, but his claims contradict what has been found using many different lines of evidence on ancient migrations. This "lost tribes" stuff is a distraction if you care about genealogy, and if you don't, then it's irrelevant. One may as well claim that Europeans are descended from people from Atlantis as claim that all the ancestors of Europeans are from the "lost tribes of Israel". It's just like the Mormon claim that Native Americans are the "lost tribes of Israel" - they aren't.

In Jesus-

Papias

Upvote 0