Dispensationalist Only Which translation of the Bible do Dispensationalists Prefer?

Jeffwhosoever

Faithful Servant & Seminary Student
Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟417,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I am a student now at Dallas Theological Seminary and wondered since they seem to emphasize dispensationalism, is there one for two bible translations that fit better with a dispensationalist theology?

timf

Jun 12, 2011
✟79,640.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Most seminary students are taught that the NASB is the best translation. However, it is based on the critical text which I believe to be inferior, but not cataclysmicly so. The NASB often has foot notes or even include some of the portions left out of the critical text that help minimize the errors.

The reason most modern translations make use of the critical text is because it is put forth as older. However, since the majority text has some many manuscripts over such a long time, it is often assumed to be more recent when it may be just as old or some even older than the critical text.

The King James translation is actually pretty good. It benefits from being based on a superior text. As well as adding more pronoun differentiation.

Any translation from one language to another is going to have problems. The Wuest translation (even though it is based on the critical text) has the advantage of bringing over more verb tense information than most other English translations.

The Amplified translation is a good one because the expanded descriptions is like have the translator's notes for every verse.

As one studies tools like esword become necessary to dig into the original languages.

To really dig into the word, a particular translation is at best just a starting point.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,150.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Most seminary students are taught that the NASB is the best translation. However, it is based on the critical text which I believe to be inferior, but not cataclysmicly so. The NASB often has foot notes or even include some of the portions left out of the critical text that help minimize the errors.

The reason most modern translations make use of the critical text is because it is put forth as older. However, since the majority text has some many manuscripts over such a long time, it is often assumed to be more recent when it may be just as old or some even older than the critical text.

The King James translation is actually pretty good. It benefits from being based on a superior text. As well as adding more pronoun differentiation.

Any translation from one language to another is going to have problems. The Wuest translation (even though it is based on the critical text) has the advantage of bringing over more verb tense information than most other English translations.

The Amplified translation is a good one because the expanded descriptions is like have the translator's notes for every verse.

As one studies tools like esword become necessary to dig into the original languages.

To really dig into the word, a particular translation is at best just a starting point.

And I grew up with the KJV , and now it would be hard to leave !

There is the BULLINGER BIBLE , and his three books on the FIGURES OF
SPEECH and his book on the Greek DEFINITE ARTICLE and his book on THE WITNESS OF THE STARS , and NUMBERS IN SCRIPTURE , and HOW TO ENJOY THE BIBLE .

And I am NOT and Acts 28ER and do not believe that he was .

dan p

Upvote 0

Jeffwhosoever

Faithful Servant & Seminary Student
Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟417,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I just bought a new NET bible, that I think was developed with professors at my seminary, which is Dallas Theological Seminary. I have confirmed we are dispensationalists too. I bought the full notes and when they say full notes they really mean it. I've never seen anything like this Bible for the 60,000 translation notes.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,150.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I just bought a new NET bible, that I think was developed with professors at my seminary, which is Dallas Theological Seminary. I have confirmed we are dispensationalists too. I bought the full notes and when they say full notes they really mean it. I've never seen anything like this Bible for the 60,000 translation notes.

And how do they handle Eph 4:5 where kit says One Lord , One Faith , One Baptism !

How do they translate One Baptism ? Is it BAPTIZO or is it BAPTISMA ?

How do they translate 1 Cor 15:29 where it reads , in the KJV , Why are they than BAPTIZED for the DEAD ??

dan p

Upvote 0