Which news story is more devistating to you?

Which news story is more devistating to you?

• The Brutal Beheading of Nick Berg

• The Prisoner Abuse at Abu Ghraib

Results are only viewable after voting.

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Blessed75 said:
Geez - i'd rather just die in my sleep
This reminded me of a joke: "I'd like to die quietly in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming and clawing like the passengers in the car he was driving at the time."
tulc(sorry, this is just how my brain works sometimes!) :sorry:

Upvote 0

Mϋzikdϋde

Simply Fabulous
Sep 19, 2002
Colorado Springs
Visit site
✟20,525.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
*sigh*

Again, I was speaking in general terms rather than specifics and I was speaking of (basically) a quick drop of the blade and no I wouldn't want to be tortured for weeks on end wishing I was dead and yes I would rather be killed because I know I'm going to heaven and yes I know it was painful for him and no I have no idea how painful and yes I it would be a fair tradeoff to endure 20 minutes of extreme pain with certain death than to endure weeks of tortue and yes I realize this is a run on sentence and no I don't care because no one wants to even try to understand what I had originally tried to say which is when we die we get to spend eternity with God so what does it matter how we die as long as we have our salvation. If I have to choose between paradise and torture on earth the choice is obvious.

Ok, tear it up I'm numb.

Upvote 0

Blindfaith

God's Tornado
Feb 9, 2002
Home of the Slug
✟7,755.00
Faith
Non-Denom
That being said, in case my post was interpreted that way, all I meant was this:
Some people said it was worse because Berg died while the other guys who were merely abused could go home. I was giving a reminder that some of the Iraqi's won't be going home, as well. Though no one has come out and said it, it's been implied certain lives were valued above other lives. That really makes me sad. I apologize if my post offended you or anyone else.
I didn't understand what you were saying then, and I sincerely apologize for taking your words out of context and apologize for the misunderstanding. :) I wasn't offended in the least, and if you are, I'm very sorry. :) Thanks for explaining what you meant - I appreciate it.

Sorry for the slight hijack **cringes**

Upvote 0

Blindfaith

God's Tornado
Feb 9, 2002
Home of the Slug
✟7,755.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Again, I was speaking in general terms rather than specifics and I was speaking of (basically) a quick drop of the blade and no I wouldn't want to be tortured for weeks on end wishing I was dead and yes I would rather be killed because I know I'm going to heaven and yes I know it was painful for him and no I have no idea how painful and yes I it would be a fair tradeoff to endure 20 minutes of extreme pain with certain death than to endure weeks of tortue and yes I realize this is a run on sentence and no I don't care because no one wants to even try to understand what I had originally tried to say which is when we die we get to spend eternity with God so what does it matter how we die as long as we have our salvation. If I have to choose between paradise and torture on earth the choice is obvious.
It's okay Muzik - I understand what you're saying. :) Me? I start breaking out in a sweat when blood needs to be drawn; I just can't imagine going through what Mr. Berg went through - it's the pain factor, you know? Knives, blood, *hurl*.

I guess I look at it from a personal standpoint more than anything else. :)

No one's discounting your opinion here :) Peace.

Upvote 0

Elyse

Newbie Doobie Doo
May 1, 2004
✟224.00
Faith
Christian
Mϋzikdϋde said:
*sigh*

Ok, tear it up I'm numb.
I understood it, and I'd choose it, too. Everyday makes me more certain I'd rather be with God than here. What you said----"no one wants to even try to understand what I had origianlly tried to say"-----to me that is the crux of the whole world situation. No one wants to understand. We are all right. It will be the undoing of us all. Pride. It's not just for breakfast, anymore.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Blindfaith

God's Tornado
Feb 9, 2002
Home of the Slug
✟7,755.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Good post, Blindfaith
Awww!!!! :hug: Thanks - you made my day :)

Wow, thanks for all the olive branches folks
It's all good Muzik :) As long as I get to eat the olives, you can have the branch ;)

When I if I ever do get upset I'm sure their will be a ban to follow.
lalalala**Ididn'thearthat**lalalalala

:D

I did it again. I hijacked the thread **kicks self**

Upvote 0

jameseb

Smite me, O Mighty Smiter!
Mar 3, 2004
North Little Rock, AR
✟117,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Larry said:
For me, it was the brutal beheading of Nick Berg. There is absolutely no moral equivication with the prisoner abuse.

I voted the same. I'm not sure how in the world it could possibly equate to the prisoner abuses. To each his own though.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BigToe

You are my itchy sweater.
Jun 24, 2003
Sudzo's Purple Palace of Snuggles
Visit site
✟35,932.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I still think both are gross. I don't think one is intrinsically worse than the other as they both are methods of psychological warfare that happen to double as crimes against humanity. I think the only difference is that sort of behavior is to be expected from terrorist extremists and not from American soldiers. Does that make either one ok or less appauling? Nope, they both disgust me to no end.

Upvote 0

Elyse

Newbie Doobie Doo
May 1, 2004
✟224.00
Faith
Christian
BigToe said:
I still think both are gross. I don't think one is intrinsically worse than the other as they both are methods of psychological warfare that happen to double as crimes against humanity. I think the only difference is that sort of behavior is to be expected from terrorist extremists and not from American soldiers. Does that make either one ok or less appauling? Nope, they both disgust me to no end.
I agree. I guess part of me is more upset by the abuse because I expected better of us. I guess that was naive, and in it's own way quite arrogant. It's becoming more and more apparent to me that we are all capable of that kind of evil, and that without Christ, we have no chance at all.

Upvote 0

jameseb

Smite me, O Mighty Smiter!
Mar 3, 2004
North Little Rock, AR
✟117,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Blindfaith said:
I guess I don't get that - this is only my point of view. I'd rather be beaten than have my neck sliced slowly **shudders**

Anyway, I'm just repeating myself. I'll leave it open to new posters who haven't said the same thing a hundred times ;)

Yes, I think it is as simple as that. Which would we rather have happen to us..... abused or slowly beheaded with a knife? I'll choose the abuse.... months and months of it....

Upvote 0