Which news story is more devistating to you?

Which news story is more devistating to you?

• The Brutal Beheading of Nick Berg

• The Prisoner Abuse at Abu Ghraib

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mϋzikdϋde

Simply Fabulous
Sep 19, 2002
Colorado Springs
Visit site
✟20,525.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
feral said:
I think referring to the killers in this case as "the Muslims" is a direct shot and slap in the face to the thousands upon thousands of peaceable, friendly, kind Muslim people all across the world (including America ;) ) The Christians committed atrocities and murdered women and children suspected of witchcraft. The Christians ordered bombs dropped on innocent civillians in Iraq. The Christians supported and trained Osama binLaden. The Christians ran an Inquisition. The Christians blasphemed Christ and charged money for the forgiveness of sins. It doesn't sound too nice in such general terms, does it? If you can find for me the people who did this and compare their actions to that of the Koran, which calls for peace and gives no excuse for this, then I'll believe you.
LOVE your posts, have I repped you?

Edit: consider yourself repped!

Upvote 0

JOYfulbeliever

Oct 10, 2002
✟3,922.00
Faith
Baptist
Blessed75 said:
No need to get sarcastic BF - I was just pointing out what I felt - Reading into things? Excuse me? Sorry, I was voicing my opinion and didn't realize that was against the rules. :sigh: I guess when you said, "that's not too much to ask is it?" it sounded defensive and condscending to me - and I was honestly not wanting you to feel that you were being persecuted for your opinion. :)
:scratch:

Where exactly was the sarcasm?

Back to the OP - both were extremely tragic and both were extremely wrong. There is no justification for either. However, at the same time, like several others have said in the thread before me - the way I look at it - there is one case where a life was taken. I guess that weighs a little bit more on me.

What was done to the prisoners is not being excused by me. In no way shape or form.

But to answer the OP - the beheading.

Upvote 0

Mϋzikdϋde

Simply Fabulous
Sep 19, 2002
Colorado Springs
Visit site
✟20,525.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Blindfaith said:
Neither. No way, no how. You have to include the neither option on that one Muzik. :sick:
Heh...are you not ready for tribulation? (Unless you're a pre-trib in which case the question's moot)

Would you choose one or the other if Jesus asked you to?

What I'm doing is trying to get you to think about which one is worse.

I'll take the beheading because it's quick and I know what my next stop is.

Upvote 0

Mϋzikdϋde

Simply Fabulous
Sep 19, 2002
Colorado Springs
Visit site
✟20,525.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
JOYfulbeliever said:

Back to the OP - both were extremely tragic and both were extremely wrong. There is no justification for either. However, at the same time, like several others have said in the thread before me - the way I look at it - there is one case where a life was taken. I guess that weighs a little bit more on me.

What was done to the prisoners is not being excused by me. In no way shape or form.

Where's your faith? Death is not the worst thing you can be faced with. You are speaking from fear.

Upvote 0

Blessed75

Jun 24, 2003
✟5,134.00
Faith
Non-Denom
as a mod - you know that it shouldn't be brought out in public by others - especially so I don't feel ganged up on by mods - I've gone through the proper channels and wish to be left alone about it with all due respect. If you would like to talk about it - please pm me. I'd also like to add that if I can't point out someone overreacting to someone's sharing information that may change opinions, then really someone cannot point out my overreaction to someone's condecensation.

JOYfulbeliever said:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

renegade pariah

Apr 28, 2004
✟1,403.00
Faith
Christian
Humiliation and degradation is a slow killer of the spirit, sexual innuendo and rape is a perverse version of agression, beheading with a knife is a horrible, painful suffering that followed the anxiety of being captured, knowing you are a Jew among those that hate Jews and living with anxiety about your fate. Yes at least death is a release from hell, unlike the experience of the prisoners who live in hell for an extended period of time. The fact that Nick and 80-90% of detainees (according to American intelligence officer), are innocent of any wrongdoing must make that hell much worse. However the world is full of millions of people living in hell...hell of starvation, hell of disease, hell of neglect, hell of lack of love, hell of mental illness, hell of exploitation, hell of loneliness, hell of betrayal, hell of sinful burdens, hell of persecution....and the quality of all these things is the same, namely suffering. And there is enough suffering in the world, those who add to the suffering are only pleasing Satan. That is why it is good to pray for peace and justice and the return of Christ.

Reactions: BigToe
Upvote 0

Mϋzikdϋde

Simply Fabulous
Sep 19, 2002
Colorado Springs
Visit site
✟20,525.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
draper said:
oooooooooohhhhhh fine. I'll answer "just for fun"

I'd take the abuse cuz I have no idea where I'm going :D

And the idea of getting my head cut off scares the 4-letter word out of me.
People tend to place beheading above other forms of torture/death as more greusome because there's something abotu the seperation of mind and body. But face it...it's all death. When you're dead, your dead and it doesn't matter how you get there.

If I said "My grandfather died from internal bleeding after being in a car accident" People would say "Oh that poor man..." But if I say "My grandfather was beheaded with a knife/sword" people would say "That's terrible...oh I couldn't even imagine! The HORROR!"

Get the point? It's all the same.

It doesn't matter if you're beaten to death in a prison camp or beheaded by terrorists.

Give me the quick death any day.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Blessed75

Jun 24, 2003
✟5,134.00
Faith
Non-Denom
renegade pariah said:
And there is enough suffering in the world, those who add to the suffering are only pleasing Satan. That is why it is good to pray for peace and justice and the return of Christ.
AMEN and AMEN - thank you - your last statement really was what sealed it - thank you!

Upvote 0

Oblivious

Matthew 7:12
Nov 6, 2003
The Mile High City
✟31,244.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Mϋzikdϋde said:
If I said "My grandfather died from internal bleeding after being in a car accident" People would say "Oh that poor man..." But if I say "My grandfather was beheaded with a knife/sword" people would say "That's terrible...oh I couldn't even imagine! The HORROR!"
Big difference. A car accident is that "an accident". Beheading is not. The fact that a human being could do that to another human being is horrific.

Upvote 0