Which chess piece do you think is most important?

jlew2008

Jul 10, 2007
Galloway
✟15,126.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I know that throughout my chess playing career that the knight has won me more games than most other pieces due to its mischievious moving ways and because its hard to see where a knight might move and its hard to see a knight attacking another piece.

Upvote 0

Calculon

Jul 24, 2007
Alberta, Canada
✟15,195.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I agree with the Knight. Especially when you have 2 active on the field. I've seen many chess players take out their knights and bring it close to the opponent's king and get a checkmate quickly.

They're not as bad if you're careful not to leave your pieces in a position where a knight can fork your king and queen/rook for example. The main way to win at chess is to do more damage with double attacks than your opponent does!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Christian Soldier

QUESTION EVOLUTION
Aug 1, 2002
Visit site
✟2,190.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
All the pieces are important and each serves its purpose. However, the Rook is the most important piece after the King and Queen.

If you're in an end game situation where you have your King and one other piece, while your opponent has only his King, it's virtually impossible for you to win with just a Bishop or Knight.

However, if you have a Rook, you can checkmate the enemy King without too much trouble. Just don't make any stupid moves that allow your opponent to obtain a stalemate.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tribble

Jan 17, 2008
✟15,145.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well since pawns are potential queens they're important, but personally I've always liked my knights over bishops by far. But in point chess rooks are worth the most points next to kings and queens and are best for end game. Since you win if there is nothing on the table but your king and a rook, if your opponant has nothing but his king. You can't checkmate with just a king and bishop or king and knight.

Upvote 0