catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,159,273.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If there was a button A to kill all of the terrorists in a country that are going to in the future kill people and a button B to kill everyone in that country, what would you do?

Nothing?
Push the A button?
Push the B button?
Push the button that teaches us why the given nation in question is so very full of so many domestic terrorists, so that we might figure out a more lasting solution.

• Agree
Reactions: pgp_protector
Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟792,083.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
If there was a button A to kill all of the terrorists in a country that are going to in the future kill people and a button B to kill everyone in that country, what would you do?

Nothing?
Push the A button?
Push the B button?
Option C Look for the buttons?

You do have a penchant for impossible hypotheticals.

Btw are these all future terrorists from that country, too? I mean, after all, killing all the terrorists that would kill people if the terrorists were not killed, would mean spawning new terrorists.

I'm wondering why you put B there.

What I'm really wondering is why you ask.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,159,273.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Option C Look for the buttons?

You do have a penchant for impossible hypotheticals.

Btw are these all future terrorists from that country, too? I mean, after all, killing all the terrorists that would kill people if the terrorists were not killed, would mean spawning new terrorists.

I'm wondering why you put B there.

What I'm really wondering is why you ask.
I think he wants to suggest that removing the most visible bad actors, the 'terrorists' of the day, might actually fix the true underlying reasons for the evil. Because that would imply God did wrong for example in the Flood, where He entirely plowed under the entirety of all the culture itself, all the peoples that were perpetuating that culture -- transporting them to become "spirits in prison" to whom Christ Himself came to proclaim the gospel (so that many might be changed to live according to God. -- 1rst Peter chapter 3:18 through 4:6).

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟792,083.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
I think he wants to suggest that removing the most visible bad actors, the 'terrorists' of the day, might actually fix the true underlying reasons for the evil. Because that would imply God did wrong for example in the Flood, where He entirely plowed under the entirety of all the culture itself, all the peoples that were perpetuating that culture -- transporting them to become "spirits in prison" to whom Christ Himself came to proclaim the gospel (so that many might be changed to live according to God. -- 1rst Peter chapter 3:18 through 4:6).
Oh, I see. We can judge God.

• Haha
Reactions: Paulomycin
Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟991,040.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced

Nothing?
Push the A button?
Push the B button?

In Australia all our toilets have two buttons. Now I'm starting to worry that I might kill the entire population of the country if I do a No 2 flush. :(

OB

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,094.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
In Australia all our toilets have two buttons. Now I'm starting to worry that I might kill the entire population of the country if I do a No 2 flush. :(

OB
Just label your toilet buttons C and D. Problem solved.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Clizby WampusCat

Jul 8, 2019
Texas
✟109,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Push the button that teaches us why the given nation in question is so very full of so many domestic terrorists, so that we might figure out a more lasting solution.
Not an option. You can make your own question if you like.

Upvote 0

Clizby WampusCat

Jul 8, 2019
Texas
✟109,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Yep

Samuel said to Saul, “I am the one the Lord sent to anoint you king over his people Israel; so listen now to the message from the Lord. This is what the Lord Almighty says: ‘I will punish the Amalekites for what they did to Israel when they waylaid them as they came up from Egypt. Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy all that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.’” 1 Sam 15:1-3 NIV.

Why did God push button B? I mean what did the camels ever do? Not to mention what did the infants ever do?

I am not judging God yet, just asking what kind of punishment is ever just if infants are being killed?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Clizby WampusCat

Jul 8, 2019
Texas
✟109,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
What is a question about God's behavior doing in the "ethics" forum?
Because it is an ethical question. Notice most people here are posting about questioning the question and not questioning why God killed infants to punish them.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,100,039.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Define terrorist.

For example, if a spouse comes home to find multiple people in bed with his/her spouse, and commits a crime of passion, in the heat of the moment; is he/she, a mass murdering terrorist?

Another example, someone commits an act of arson, on an abortion clinic, in the middle of the night; but unbeknownst to him, there was a night watchman there who died in the blaze.

Was he a terrorist? Probably. A jury would IMO vote yes.

Should he receive the death penalty for premeditated murder?

I wouldn't convict him on that charge.

Upvote 0

Clizby WampusCat

Jul 8, 2019
Texas
✟109,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Define terrorist.

For example, if a spouse comes home to find multiple people in bed with his/her spouse, and commits a crime of passion, in the heat of the moment; is he/she, a mass murdering terrorist?

Another example, someone commits an act of arson, on an abortion clinic, in the middle of the night; but unbeknownst to him, there was a night watchman there who died in the blaze.

Was he a terrorist? Probably. A jury would IMO vote yes.

Should he receive the death penalty for premeditated murder?

I wouldn't convict him on that charge.
Someone who makes plans and carries out plans to murder a person or people.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.