Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Mengele and Hitler get their understanding of fairness from their own feelings with maybe some evolutionary theory thrown in.

Its a beautiful day!

Biden is in the White House.

Schumer is in charge of the Senate.

Pelosi is in charge of the House.

And the man you keep defending, Hitler, lost 12-0 here in this thread: Was Hitler being fair to the Jews ? | Christian Forums

Ah, life is good.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0
Aug 4, 2006
✟95,047.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
So, @Ed1wolf - can you tell us...
Does God command something because it is good, or is it good because God commands it?
I don't think we've had a satisfactory answer from you yet, and it really is wonderful news if you really have solved this ancient puzzle.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟888,614.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I sorta like being in a human body.

And my guess is the man in the opening post sorta liked his life in his mortal body before he got COVID.

I can’t count how many times I’ve said that I hate this body of flesh and I’ll be glad when I’m finally rid of it.

Upvote 0

Hawkins

Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2005
Canada
✟238,144.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Instead of playing Where's Waldo, let's play Where's God. In the picture below, where's God?

Where are you when God said the following,

Revelation 6
8 I looked, and there before me was a pale horse! Its rider was named Death, and Hades was following close behind him. They were given power over a fourth of the earth to kill by sword, famine and plague, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Upvote 0

Tinker Grey

Wanderer
Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2002
Erewhon
Visit site
✟932,333.00
Faith
Atheist
What is said is dealing with the topic. Leave it there if failed to see how it is so.
This is a discussion and debate sub-forum. Quoting a scripture and preaching about how one should learn prophecy is neither discussion nor debate.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hawkins

Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2005
Canada
✟238,144.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is a discussion and debate sub-forum. Quoting a scripture and preaching about how one should learn prophecy is neither discussion nor debate.

Asking a meaningful question is part of a discussion. You don't seem to know what a discussion is.

Upvote 0

Hawkins

Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2005
Canada
✟238,144.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And if I don't get why you think your snark "where were you" is meaningful, then you've failed to communicate. Try again.

Like I said. This is a public forum, not a private chat between you and me. If you don't understand what someone is saying, you can well leave it there for someone else who understands to read.

Now at least you know that asking meaningful questions is part of a discussion. All left is you failed to see how meaningful that question is.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,778.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I sorta like being in a human body.

And my guess is the man in the opening post sorta liked his life in his mortal body before he got COVID.
"ask not for whom the bell tolls...
...it tolls for thee"

is a message to us all of course about how short the time is -- none escape that bell.

As said so well --

"Remember...
in the days of your youth,
before the days of trouble come
and the years approach when you will say,
“I find no pleasure in them”—
before the sun and the light
and the moon and the stars grow dark,
and the clouds return after the rain;
when the keepers of the house tremble,
and the strong men stoop,
when the grinders cease because they are few,
and those looking through the windows grow dim;
when the doors to the street are closed
and the sound of grinding fades;
when people rise up at the sound of birds,
but all their songs grow faint;
when people are afraid of heights
and of dangers in the streets;
when the almond tree blossoms
and the grasshopper drags itself along
and desire no longer is stirred.
Then people go to their eternal home
and mourners go about the streets.
Remember him—before the silver cord is severed,
and the golden bowl is broken;
before the pitcher is shattered at the spring,
and the wheel broken at the well,
and the dust returns to the ground it came from,
and the spirit returns to God who gave it."

Ecclesiastes 12 NIV

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,778.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Its a beautiful day!

Biden is in the White House.

Schumer is in charge of the Senate.

Pelosi is in charge of the House.

And the man you keep defending, Hitler, lost 12-0 here in this thread: Was Hitler being fair to the Jews ? | Christian Forums

Ah, life is good.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
Speaking of which, there is an enjoyable montage of many short videos of groups of Americans celebrating (below).

It's actually becomes easier and easier to "Love your neighbor as yourself" once you begin I found out, but...

...it's especially easy when they are happy and celebrating, and imagine something like this but even better (which we can look forward to through Christ) --
Some of your Neighbors... :-) "Celebrating America"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟732,309.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
I can’t count how many times I’ve said that I hate this body of flesh and I’ll be glad when I’m finally rid of it.
I don't get this line if thinking. It's through our body of flesh that God becomes alive and vibrant in this physical world. The body along with everything in this physical world are not alien to the Mystery of God.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟888,614.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I don't get this line if thinking. It's through our body of flesh that God becomes alive and vibrant in this physical world. The body along with everything in this physical world are not alien to the Mystery of God.

Even Paul had conflicting natures due to his fleshly body.

“For we know that the Law is spiritual, but I am fleshly, sold into bondage to sin. For I do not understand what I am doing; for I am not practicing what I want to do, but I do the very thing I hate. However, if I do the very thing I do not want to do, I agree with the Law, that the Law is good. But now, no longer am I the one doing it, but sin that dwells in me. For I know that good does not dwell in me, that is, in my flesh; for the willing is present in me, but the doing of the good is not. For the good that I want, I do not do, but I practice the very evil that I do not want. But if I do the very thing I do not want, I am no longer the one doing it, but sin that dwells in me. I find then the principle that evil is present in me, the one who wants to do good. For I joyfully agree with the law of God in the inner person, but I see a different law in the parts of my body waging war against the law of my mind, and making me a prisoner of the law of sin, the law which is in my body’s parts. Wretched man that I am! Who will set me free from the body of this death? Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, on the one hand I myself with my mind am serving the law of God, but on the other, with my flesh the law of sin.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭7:14-25‬ ‭NASB2020‬‬

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟732,309.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
Even Paul had conflicting natures due to his fleshly body.

“For we know that the Law is spiritual, but I am fleshly, sold into bondage to sin. For I do not understand what I am doing; for I am not practicing what I want to do, but I do the very thing I hate. However, if I do the very thing I do not want to do, I agree with the Law, that the Law is good. But now, no longer am I the one doing it, but sin that dwells in me. For I know that good does not dwell in me, that is, in my flesh; for the willing is present in me, but the doing of the good is not. For the good that I want, I do not do, but I practice the very evil that I do not want. But if I do the very thing I do not want, I am no longer the one doing it, but sin that dwells in me. I find then the principle that evil is present in me, the one who wants to do good. For I joyfully agree with the law of God in the inner person, but I see a different law in the parts of my body waging war against the law of my mind, and making me a prisoner of the law of sin, the law which is in my body’s parts. Wretched man that I am! Who will set me free from the body of this death? Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, on the one hand I myself with my mind am serving the law of God, but on the other, with my flesh the law of sin.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭7:14-25‬ ‭NASB2020‬‬
If not for his physical body, Paul would not have been able to praise Jesus. And the Bible would be a few books shorter.

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟732,309.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
You have reminded me of the middle-age Christian heretics called Cathars. They were totally duelist in how they perceived physical creation and the human body. They had two twin opposing deities, one good and one evil. The first was a good God, portrayed in the New Testament and creator of the Spirit, while the second was an evil God, Satan, depicted in the Old Testament and creator of matter and the physical world. Everything physical in this world, including the human body for the Cathars was created by Satan, which made it all evil. Trapped in the evil body is the Soul, which is created by the good God. Being categorized as heretics Cathars suffered the fate of burning, often at the stake. Which interestingly they willingly did, with some even throwing themselves on the fire. Their reasoning was that only by fire could the Soul be cleansed of the evil body. Sex was a huge evil for them because of the passions of the body. Between the burnings and lack of reproductive activity they naturally died out.

Upvote 0

doubtingmerle

I'll think about it.
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2003
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟467,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Sadly, many of us could get COVID, but you look on the bright side, it could kill us?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.