Where'd you meet your Catholic spouse?

K

KeenanParkerII

I've dated outside of the Church before, when I was protestant. But the church was pretty much a social club, so it wasn't hard. Mass is something different though. Everytime I go to Mass I see good lookin (who I think are practicing..) girls about my age, but it doesn't seem the right place to be approaching someone to ask them on a date.

Maybe I can break out some Catholic pick up lines? Where do young Catholics meet? :p

Gosling5.jpg

Gosling2.jpg

Gosling7.jpg

Sarcalogos Deus

Welch Ein Mensch!
Jan 1, 2010
Archdiocese of Oklahoma City
✟8,843.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
One of those pictures lies, theres never weekday Mass on Monday since that is the priest's day off, well at least where I am it is.

Anyway I never figured out where to meet Catholic girls, so I just grabbed a Protestant girl and thought "eh, close enough she'll probably become Catholic eventually".

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟441,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I've dated outside of the Church before, when I was protestant. But the church was pretty much a social club, so it wasn't hard. Mass is something different though. Everytime I go to Mass I see good lookin (who I think are practicing..) girls about my age, but it doesn't seem the right place to be approaching someone to ask them on a date.

Maybe I can break out some Catholic pick up lines? Where do young Catholics meet? :p

Gosling5.jpg

Gosling2.jpg

Gosling7.jpg

My daughter [who is 17] thinks you are attractive. ;)

But she is not yet 18 til January - you live in another state and she is being pursued ATM by her coworker. :D

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟441,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
One of those pictures lies, theres never weekday Mass on Monday since that is the priest's day off, well at least where I am it is.

Anyway I never figured out where to meet Catholic girls, so I just grabbed a Protestant girl and thought "eh, close enough she'll probably become Catholic eventually".

Good luck. If her family is staunch Protestant - it will be a very long time - like when all her family has passed...[if she is close to them that is and wont hurt them]

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟441,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Mine wasn't - and I met him at his sister'd wedding in a simply lovely Chapel :)

He never came to the Church either :(

Met mime at a wedding - still hasnt leaped either.
Tho finally got baptized. [In The Catholic Church - but who knows if he will go all the way]

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟441,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I've yet to meet mine, if ever...:)

I know you dont have this in Ireland - but i often and frequently wonder how many folks are out there - looking for their 'other half' who was likely aborted.

I mean, God has plans for our futures - and the next and next generations of children to be born - but abortion cuts a life short - a future and someone somewhere is missing their other half.

Upvote 0

Sarcalogos Deus

Welch Ein Mensch!
Jan 1, 2010
Archdiocese of Oklahoma City
✟8,843.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Good luck. If her family is staunch Protestant - it will be a very long time - like when all her family has passed...[if she is close to them that is and wont hurt them]

She's Church of Christ (technically), but with some definite leanings towards more high church Lutheranism and Anglicanism, and her parents just want her to go to any church (well besides the JW's, Mormons, and socially liberal Protestants).

I tested the waters a few times before we even started dating by taking her to Mass with me where she was actually impressed by the famous Catholic ability to speak in unison and sing the Mass without sheet music.

Since we married she hasn't had any problem going exclusively to Mass and the only time we've been back to her parents' church were for a few special occasions.

All in all operation "Slowly Make Wife Catholic" is going according to plan.

Upvote 0

servant of Merciful Love

Goodbye~God bless
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2008
✟2,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I lived next door to Jim's grandfather; Jim lived on the street behind us.
We played when we were 5 years old :D (I moved a year later)

Then we met again as freshman on at beach trip at the Church (CYC).
Our 'dates' were to meet at the Church on Saturdays; he could walk me home after we went to Confession, then my mother kept a close eye on us
(our dating didn't last long) ^_^

We went to different high schools and met for a final time after graduation at a college party in the city we grew up in; he was on leave from the Marines
We were engaged 3 months later, and married the next year.

In just 3 weeks we will be celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary :love:

Upvote 0