L0NEW0LF

Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod
Jul 20, 2012
✟8,018.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Do you have any hobbies in which events are held? For example, I am an avid Magic: The Gathering player. I go to tournaments all over my state and those surrounding it. If I weren't married, there would be a ton of girls I could get to know who share the same hobby and passion as myself.

You can still use church as a way of meeting a women without actually using the church service. Earlier you asked about which church, or denomination, we would suggest. Do some research and find a denomination that fits you. For example, I'm an LCMS Lutheran. I care deeply about my faith. You could find a church that really fits you and that you love, and meet some great Christian women along the way that share the same love for their faith, whether at church functions or chatting after service, or being invited to do something with fellow members.

Upvote 0

jehoiakim

Servant
Jun 24, 2011
New Jersey
✟17,202.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
there are lot of websites, supposedly quite a few that are free. I was very particular about the kind of woman I was going to marry, dating website you can have a lot of the essential conversations before you pursue to much, you can easily slow down and talk about the meaningful first. I was very picky and the internet allowed me to comb through many instead of whom ever might be available at the church I was attending or through friends of friends. Many of my friends also met spouses the same way and of all the people I know who have married the ones that started out online today are the strongest roughly 10 years later give or take

Upvote 0
Nov 30, 2012
✟15,228.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Abba Father with the power & strength of Your Spirit help us not to arrest our affections on the things of this world but on the things of your Kingdom & accomplish Your purposes in relation with Your Kingdom, to advance the interest of Your Kingdom. Help us to seek Your purposes & Your glory above everything else.
Abba Father with Your power & strength of Your Spirit empower us to be bond servants of Christ & to be consecrated in Him.
We want to live each day with clean hands & a pure heart. We thirst for You & for purity but we admit Heavenly Father that we are prone to impurity. So we submit our life to You cleanse us & keep us clean. Empower us by Your spirit to live above the temptation to sin & when we succomb to those temptations, quickly convict us & bring us to repentance & confession.

Restore our clean hands & pure heart so that we may please You & may be significantly used by You. With thanksgiving for Yours cleansing power in our life. We pray in the name of Your son, our Savior Jesus-Christ, the way, the truth & the life. Amen.

Upvote 0

Reanbell

Dec 24, 2012
✟331.00
Faith
Christian
Do you have any hobbies in which events are held? For example, I am an avid Magic: The Gathering player. I go to tournaments all over my state and those surrounding it. If I weren't married, there would be a ton of girls I could get to know who share the same hobby and passion as myself.

You can still use church as a way of meeting a women without actually using the church service. Earlier you asked about which church, or denomination, we would suggest. Do some research and find a denomination that fits you. For example, I'm an LCMS Lutheran. I care deeply about my faith. You could find a church that really fits you and that you love, and meet some great Christian women along the way that share the same love for their faith, whether at church functions or chatting after service, or being invited to do something with fellow members.

Well I don't want to join a church just to meet women. That's not the right motive. A lot of churches, unfortunately, are filled with seniors and that doesn't help me meet anyone. A lot of the churches with younger members I disagree with their theology. They're very fundamentalist and that doesn't appeal to me. There's also a good chance of meeting a religious christian there and I don't want that. We'd have nothing in common.

It's hard enough finding a decent church that has good, correct teaching, never mind there being a pool of single, eligible women to date.

Someone else mentioned online and I've tried that too. I've never gotten anywhere with that, so I'm pretty discouraged.

Upvote 0

L0NEW0LF

Jul 20, 2012
✟8,018.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I didn't suggest joining a church to meet a woman. I suggested finding a church that fits you and that you love. There, you might meet a woman that shares your love of your faith and that you might connect with, whether through church functions, after service chats, etc.

Upvote 0

Reanbell

Dec 24, 2012
✟331.00
Faith
Christian
I didn't suggest joining a church to meet a woman. I suggested finding a church that fits you and that you love. There, you might meet a woman that shares your love of your faith and that you might connect with, whether through church functions, after service chats, etc.

Well that in itself is harder than meeting a woman because no matter where I go, I will disagree with their teachings or their worship style or their pastor or the way the members live their lives. I don't think I was meant to go to church, which I'm okay with at this point. I've come to terms with it.

Also, some churches forbid dating and enforce celibacy on their members who are relatively young, so there is that to consider too. I've had the privilege of attending some churches that do those things. The sad thing was, aside from that and one other thing (unrelated), it was a good church.

Upvote 0

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,276,074.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
My opinion is you're missing the best oportunity to meet a nice girl that would fit your belief system. Of course find a church that fits your beliefs but that is very active. As long as you put God first there is nothing wrong with setting your self up for your best oportunities. Once you get involved and people get to know you they might know single ladies to introduce you to. When I was single I would also keep track of what other churches in my area had going on. What you need to do is broaden your net.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

L0NEW0LF

Jul 20, 2012
✟8,018.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I don't know of churches that tell their members not to date. Then again, my church-going experiences have been limited; first, a simple Bible church; and now, my LCMS church. Neither one forbade dating.

I used to be in your shoes. I thought of myself as a lone wolf (hence the name) not meant to go to church. I had attended the Bible church here and there, but usually I stayed home on Sunday's. I then started researching and asking questions, found what I did and didn't like, what I did and didn't agree with, and eventually found the LCMS to be a great fit. I started attending the church in, I want to say, August, but by October I stopped going and was going through a tough time. It all started with me doubting that this was real; by this I mean, that I had found a church where I fit in well. I thought it was too good to be true. I really made myself feel that way, no doubt with the devil happily guiding me. I found myself digging deeper into my past and falling back into the world. October was a rough month. Thank God I snapped out of it, no doubt by the grace of God, with him kicking the devil to the side and taking control of my life. I've now been back at a church I truly love, in a faith and denomination I truly love, for a couple of months. I couldn't imagine trying to do things alone again. There's a church out there for everyone. You will find one that is right for you. Be proactive, eagerly hunt, do tons of research, and most importantly let God guide you. The reality is, you will never agree with everything, but you don't have to. Good luck!

Upvote 0

Reanbell

Dec 24, 2012
✟331.00
Faith
Christian
I don't know of churches that tell their members not to date. Then again, my church-going experiences have been limited; first, a simple Bible church; and now, my LCMS church. Neither one forbade dating.

I used to be in your shoes. I thought of myself as a lone wolf (hence the name) not meant to go to church. I had attended the Bible church here and there, but usually I stayed home on Sunday's. I then started researching and asking questions, found what I did and didn't like, what I did and didn't agree with, and eventually found the LCMS to be a great fit. I started attending the church in, I want to say, August, but by October I stopped going and was going through a tough time. It all started with me doubting that this was real; by this I mean, that I had found a church where I fit in well. I thought it was too good to be true. I really made myself feel that way, no doubt with the devil happily guiding me. I found myself digging deeper into my past and falling back into the world. October was a rough month. Thank God I snapped out of it, no doubt by the grace of God, with him kicking the devil to the side and taking control of my life. I've now been back at a church I truly love, in a faith and denomination I truly love, for a couple of months. I couldn't imagine trying to do things alone again. There's a church out there for everyone. You will find one that is right for you. Be proactive, eagerly hunt, do tons of research, and most importantly let God guide you. The reality is, you will never agree with everything, but you don't have to. Good luck!

As I said, they were very "fundamentalist" and "bible only" so they had all sorts of wacky ideas that didn't make any sense in the real world. Many of the members are still single to this day, and they are all approaching and even over 30. They're "waiting on the lord".

We'll see. As I said, about the only churches theology I agree with are filled with elderly people, no young ones. I feel out of place when they are 40 or 50 years my seniors. And the ones with good worship and young, attractive members, they tend to either be fanatical, religious or legalistic to the point of not believing in dating, physical touch, etc. Not my kind of places. I honestly think I should look elsewhere to find someone decent. If God is all powerful, he can arrange a meeting anywhere, not just in a church building.

Upvote 0

L0NEW0LF

Jul 20, 2012
✟8,018.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Pick up a hobby that holds events if you don't already have one. There you can meet a woman that shares a common interest with you. There's no telling if she'll be Christian; outside of church we can't really know before hand. You can, however, get to know whoever you meet. If she's Christian, great; if not, you can share the Gospel and go from there. Sharing a common interest is always a good starting point.

Don't put yourself if this situation:
-You consider yourself ugly
-You don't think anyone could ever be attracted to you
-You don't think God cares about your happiness
-You want to meet a Christian woman but you don't want to go to church

Stop considering yourself ugly. Gain confidence. Know that God does care about your happiness. Stop putting extreme limitations on where you want to meet woman and the type you want to meet. By doing this you seem to want to appear to be giving dating a shot, but then you put limitations on it to prevent it from actually happening because your confidence is shot.

You can either meet a Christian woman at church, whether it's her or a friend, or a friend of a friend; or you can pick up a hobby (or several), go to events or meetings, and meet woman there, who may or may not be Christian. If you find a Christian woman that's great. It would almost be better to find a woman that wasn't Christian so that you could share the Gospel with her. I imagine that connection would be magical.

Upvote 0

Reanbell

Dec 24, 2012
✟331.00
Faith
Christian
Pick up a hobby that holds events if you don't already have one. There you can meet a woman that shares a common interest with you. There's no telling if she'll be Christian; outside of church we can't really know before hand. You can, however, get to know whoever you meet. If she's Christian, great; if not, you can share the Gospel and go from there. Sharing a common interest is always a good starting point.

Don't put yourself if this situation:
-You consider yourself ugly
-You don't think anyone could ever be attracted to you
-You don't think God cares about your happiness
-You want to meet a Christian woman but you don't want to go to church

Stop considering yourself ugly. Gain confidence. Know that God does care about your happiness. Stop putting extreme limitations on where you want to meet woman and the type you want to meet. By doing this you seem to want to appear to be giving dating a shot, but then you put limitations on it to prevent it from actually happening because your confidence is shot.

You can either meet a Christian woman at church, whether it's her or a friend, or a friend of a friend; or you can pick up a hobby (or several), go to events or meetings, and meet woman there, who may or may not be Christian. If you find a Christian woman that's great. It would almost be better to find a woman that wasn't Christian so that you could share the Gospel with her. I imagine that connection would be magical.

I'm working on myself, fixing the problem beliefs holding me back. Hopefully God works with me to find someone, rather than against me.

In some ways, I'd prefer a non-christian. I could teach her correct theology, rather than religious lies that most churches spew. Unless I met someone who shared my faith, we'd just fight all the time anyway since our beliefs about God would be counter-productive. Being, or calling yourself, a "christian" means little to me. Someone who actually shares my faith and is open to the same beliefs I have about God, that is priceless.

If God could actually find me someone like that who was attractive and shared a common interest in me as well, I'd be amazed. I'm trying to think of something interest-related that would be possible to meet girls at. Most of my interests are either solitary or very research oriented. I spend what little free time I have on the internet, doing research, reading or talking with friends. I don't have a wide range of hobbies.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Reanbell

Dec 24, 2012
✟331.00
Faith
Christian
Maybe that's been your downfall. You've been looking for a Christian girl, but maybe God wants you to be with a non-Christian so you can share the Gospel with her. You might have just found God's plan for you.

It's possible. I was very strongly cautioned against the idea of every dating a non-christian. I was taught under no circumstances should I ever entertain the thought. I do see why, they have a lot of good reasons. But your answer also makes sense... :idea:

Upvote 0

L0NEW0LF

Jul 20, 2012
✟8,018.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
That's not *really* what I'm saying; in a sense, maybe, I suppose. I wouldn't single anyone out for the sole purpose of converting her, or meet someone and cram the Gospel down her throat. I suggest just putting youself out there, so to speak, and once you find a girl that you have a lot in common with and get serious about (make sure the feelings are mutual), then you could have that discussion. I would talk about Jesus and find out where she currently stands, but I wouldn't try converting her unless it was a serious relationship. It's tough. Just look to God for guidance.

Upvote 0