USA
✟19,360.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Scripture says love your enemies but what about other religions I mean should we except and be open-minded to some of their beliefs
If they're peaceful and if you do the same it other cultures and and their faith will be more inclined to listen are message
I'm trying passed by a new idea call religious transition
Thoughts on this please

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
One of the main reasons we have a first amendment is because Christians wanted it. That tolerance necessarily is extended to other faiths. The gospel is extended from faith to faith, we have to earn the right to speak to others about our faith. Intolerance has never been a vehicle to that level of sharing. We are not required to compromise on essential doctrine, only to allow others their views so they might be interested in ours.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Scripture says love your enemies but what about other religions I mean should we except and be open-minded to some of their beliefs
If they're peaceful and if you do the same it other cultures and and their faith will be more inclined to listen are message

James 1:27 Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this:
to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself
unstained by the world.
Romans 13:10 Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.
Luke 6:31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.
Galatians 5:14 The entire Law is fulfilled in a single decree: "Love your neighbor as yourself."
Romans 13:8 Be indebted to no one, except to one another in love, for he who loves his neighbor has fulfilled the Law.

• Agree
Reactions: Sarah G
Upvote 0

PureWolf

Feb 11, 2006
✟12,305.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That is a hard question since we are suppose to go out and make disciples. I always ponder how to talk to someone of another faith to bring them to Christ. For instance, while I haven't spoken to him in ages, I have a friend from Tokyo who is a Buddhist. He seems to be very deep with this beliefs and even prays with his dog! I feel like someone like him would be a wonderful servant to God, but....you can't just take someone away from what they've been taught and have believed probably darn near their entire life. Really and truly I respect someone who is strong in their faith even if it is of a different one. At the same time though....it makes me sad because I want them to be saved......

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Thoughts on this please

Tolerance is elitists towards ideas and egalitarian towards people. Simply put, some ideas are better than others and some are downright harmful, so there is no good reason to shy away from this fact and treat ideas as if they are all created equal, but that should not stop us from treating people equally. To love someone is want what's best for them and that can sometime involve giving them better ideas. However, sometimes someone is trying to show their love for you by giving you better ideas, and they are far more likely to consider the merits of your ideas if you are willing to consider the merits of their ideas. The problem is when people take it as a personal attack when you challenge their ideas. I recommend this video:

Upvote 0

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thoughts on this please
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. (John 14)

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. (Romans 5)

For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. (Ephesians 6)

In so far as truth is expressed by a person then we should be on the side of truth. We should not be guilty of the ad hominem fallacy and deny truth because it comes from x, y or z source.

It is also true that all Truth points towards Christ Jesus in one way or another and so we should recognize and encourage truth where ever it is found.

It is also important to consider that for most of the people of the world the local religion is synonymous with the culture, it is the culture. Christ is more than capable of meeting people within the religious culture within which they find themselves even if that culture or religion does not appear to be compatible with what we consider as Christian religious expression, or is even hostile to it.

I recommend the following titles in regard to this discussion:
Eternity in their Hearts by Don Richardson
Seeking Allah finding Jesus by Nabeel Qureshi
A wind in the House of Islam by David Garrison
Jesus among the other gods by Ravi Zacharias

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums