Where do we ask questions about features?

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟180,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is there a place to ask questions about the new features? This seems like the closest place, so I'll ask my questions here, and maybe they'll turn into suggestions, lol.

What does an "upvote" do? How is it different from the other "like" button ratings?

What is "comment", and how is it different from "reply"?

Ecclesiastes 7:25
I turned, and my heart sought to know and to search out, and to seek wisdom and the scheme of things...

Reactions: saved24
Upvote 0

Friedrich Rubinstein

Aug 20, 2020
Europe
Visit site
✟174,237.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
As far as I can tell, "upvotes" only exist for the "New Upgrade Feedback" forum. They're probably meant to make it easier for staff to see how many people agree with the feedback (and therefore can judge whether it is important to people or not).

Edit: The comment function apparently adds a comment directly to someone's post rather than posting a new reply (with quote) at the bottom of the conversation.

Reactions: Leaf473
Leaf473
Leaf473
Testing out a second comment, where will it show up?
Also, I see now that comments don't have the same number of features, like you can't give a thumbs up to a comment, apparently.
Upvote 0
Leaf473
Leaf473
Wait, but now I'm seeing that you can give likes and other ratings to a comment... I'm learning more every minute!
Upvote 0
Leaf473
Leaf473
Yes, I too am testing the comment feature. It doesn't look like you can't comment on your own post, so I'm testing it on yours :D
Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟180,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So it looks like if you click comment it adds it to the thread, but it doesn't count as a reply. But do the comments get added right under the commented-on post? Or do they get added to the current end of the thread?

Upvote 0

Friedrich Rubinstein

Aug 20, 2020
Europe
Visit site
✟174,237.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So it looks like if you click comment it adds it to the thread, but it doesn't count as a reply. But do the comments get added right under the commented-on post? Or do they get added to the current end of the thread?
The comment is added right under the commented-on post. In which it differs from a reply.

Reactions: Leaf473
Upvote 0