Jul 15, 2006
Memphis, TN
Visit site
✟7,846.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Democrat
Thought I might pose the question to see what type of responses I will get. It seems that the answer should be quite obvious by now. We have had over 2000 years to figure out the answer and plenty of scriptures. It is amazing that we don't know who we are in respect to our angelic transfiguration.

tapero

Legend
Site Supporter
Apr 14, 2004
Visit site
✟88,544.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
stanleyg said:
Thought I might pose the question to see what type of responses I will get. It seems that the answer should be quite obvious by now. We have had over 2000 years to figure out the answer and plenty of scriptures. It is amazing that we don't know who we are in respect to our angelic transfiguration.

Hi Stanley, welcome to the forums. Angels were created by God, created beings. Not so sure when He created them, but know from the Genesis part of the garden that they were created before we were.

What do you mean about angelic transfiguration?:scratch:

Take care, Tapero

Upvote 0

jsimms615

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2006
✟143,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
stanleyg said:
The transliterated word for angel is aggelos which means a messenger, envoy or one who is sent. We see the angels doing that in many respects in both Old and New Testament such as when Mary was told she would have a son or when Joseph was warned. Hebrews 1:14 says that they are ministering spirits sent to those who will inherit salvation. We are not told when they were created but it seems before mankind was.

Upvote 0

Daniels

Chandrus
Jul 1, 2006
India
Visit site
✟15,889.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Acts 10:3 About the ninth hour of the day he saw clearly in a vision an angel of God coming in and saying to him, "Cornelius!"
4 And when he observed him, he was afraid, and said, "What is it, lord?" So he said to him, "Your prayers and your alms have come up for a memorial before God.

Upvote 0

TruthMiner

Veteran
Mar 30, 2006
✟1,382.00
Faith
Christian
stanleyg said:

Never have been able to figure out why God who is spirit would need to create spirits. Would seem to me to make more sense that these angelic spirits are simply intended to be external manifestations of God himself. That they are spirit and He is spirit is the reason they are sons of God no? Some loved the creation more than the Creator.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.