Where did the Water come from, where did it go to?

Piet Strydom

Jan 10, 2018
Johannesburg
✟6,941.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
If there is one biblical narrative within the Bible many scientists disagrees with, or even use as evidence that the Bible should be discarded on its explanation of science, it is definitely the Great Flood, or as it is better known, Noah's flood.

I mean, how is it possible that the whole earth was covered with water deeper than the highest mountain? Everest is 8850 meters above sea level and if the Earth was covered over its entire surface to more than 8850 meters, where is this water now? the earth contains thousands of times less water than what this description claims to have been.
So, where did this water come from, and where did it go to?

I saw many documentaries where scientists asked this question, and it is claimed that no one answered up until now.
Well, lets just say the Christian Bible believer was never given the chance to answer!

I will give my 5c worth, and hope to show everyone that it is not the Bible that is wrong, but the Atheist that interpreted something quite different from what the Bible says about the origins and history of the Earth.
And the Bible actually gives a solid scientific conclusion in its description of a global flood.

Piet Strydom

Jan 10, 2018
Johannesburg
✟6,941.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
We established from Genesis that the Earth (and solar system)transformed from a Nebulous cloud into an Earth with an ocean and an atmosphere.
ib the beginning.jpg

Upvote 0

Piet Strydom

Jan 10, 2018
Johannesburg
✟6,941.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Now, If this is true, the Earth was much rounder and smoother than what we see today. The Ocean was smaller, the Atmosphere was filled with moisture, and gravity was still on the increase as it increased since its nebular state. Mass and Gravity grew stronger on the Sun until it fell in to its own mass resulting into nuclear fusion. The Earth however, is too small to achieve Nuclear fusion, but it pulled the earth mantle into itself and also pulled all the Water moisture from an atmosphere that was filled with moist and was much higher than today.
before the flood.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: mindlight
Upvote 0

Piet Strydom

Jan 10, 2018
Johannesburg
✟6,941.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
This resulted into the Windows of Heaven opened, and the fountains of the deep pushing all its water to the surface. With the knowledge of today, we know that the earth has much more water in its rocks than what science originally expected. We also know that water was caught in the Earth during its accretion stage. For the first time after the flood, there was refraction of light and rainbows was seen. before this time the Bible says, it did not rain on the earth but a mist fed the plants. Therefore, to say the Atmosphere was a huge water baring entity is correct. Even scientists claim that the early atmosphere was a thick steam of moisture.
during the flood.jpg

Upvote 0

Piet Strydom

Jan 10, 2018
Johannesburg
✟6,941.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Looking at the surface of the Earth according to the description of the Bible, this is what we would have seen Before the flood.
The atmosphere was larger and contained a lot of Mist.
The mountains was shallower due to the original shape of the Earth forming from a nebular cloud and accretion.
A lot of Water was caught up in the interior of the earths crust.
before mantle.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Piet Strydom

Jan 10, 2018
Johannesburg
✟6,941.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
During the Flood, Gravity increased and pulled the moisture from the Atmosphere. Water was pushed out of the Earth's crust, and flooded the much shallower Earth with all this water.Only about 500 meters high would account for all the water in the ocean.

mantle during.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Piet Strydom

Jan 10, 2018
Johannesburg
✟6,941.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
After the flood, the Mountains were higher due to the catastrophic in sinking of the crust, upheaval of plates, and continental drift that occurred in 150 days. The oceans became deeper and the Atmosphere lower due to the gravitational field of the earth growing stronger.
mantle after.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Piet Strydom

Jan 10, 2018
Johannesburg
✟6,941.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
If we see the dispersion of animals from Asia and Africa to Indonesian island, especially rhinoceros, elephants and tigers the land must be connected be4 the flood.
True indeed.
And we know that the oceans was at least 400 meters shallower 3 000 years ago when we look at the Light House reef stalactites. (the big blue hole)This will render many land bridges between all the continents.
Furthermore, much of the earth's water in the ocean now was caught up in the ice fields which melted away over a thousand or so years after the flood. lake Misoula and the Scab lands is but one example. we see currently that more ice shelf's are melting away, increasing the ocean levels even more. What scientists are not admitting is that the Earth went into Earth warming 4500 years ago, and it did not stop. What we see now is an ongoing occurrence since the flood.
As time progresses, more and more evidence is found showing that there are huge cities submerged in the oceans, the native Indians in Americas arrived there by land, Australia and India was connected and much more.
Yes, Animals did walk alover the earth and where we find them now, is where they survived.
Greetings

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sanoy

Apr 27, 2017
America
✟118,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What do you think about the younger dryas comet impact theory by Graham Hancock and Randal Carlson? It puts the date much further back than the Bible, but the Greek accounts of the flood reach to the younger drayas, and the content of the Greek account correlates exactly with the Jewish Tradition of the flood surrounding Genesis 6. The other Mesopotamian accounts of the flood include fire and wind which the comet impact might produce. It won't be a full submersion of all landmass, but it is a global flood catastrophe and the language in Genesis leaves room for what "all the earth" entails.

You can see the theory here. FYI Graham Hancock is not a Christian, not even close.

Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian
Since the earth rose out of the water (standing out of the water and in the water), simply the earth sits upon the waters of the great deep. So it sank somewhat into the water during the flood. The water does not have to disappear anywhere, just move the land, or move the water elsewhere.

Psalm 24:1-2New King James Version (NKJV)
The King of Glory and His Kingdom
A Psalm of David.
1The earth is the Lord’s, and all its fullness,
The world and those who dwell therein.
2 For He has founded it upon the seas,
And established it upon the waters.

2 Peter 3:5-7New King James Version (NKJV)
5 For this they willfully forget: that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of water and in the water, 6 by which the world that then existed perished, being flooded with water. 7 But the heavens and the earth which are now preserved by the same word, are reserved for fire until the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

Genesis 1
9 Then God said, “Let the waters under the heavens be gathered together into one place, and let the dry land appear”; and it was so. 10 And God called the dry land Earth, and the gathering together of the waters He called Seas. And God saw that it was good.

Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0

Rodan6

Site Supporter
Sep 11, 2016
Highland, CA
✟86,675.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
While there is ample scientific evidence that the entire earth was NOT flooded, there are also biblical and spiritual reasons this did not happen. I find it likely that a great flood DID occur--certainly one large enough to impress upon the primitive people who lived in Noah's age. Before man learned how vast the world is (and that it is round), would not a flood large enough to wash out a valley or settlement seem very large indeed? Oral histories featured in the old testament, handed down over the ages by mouth, very likely were based upon some factual events.
Jesus came to our world to reveal the great truth of a loving Father in Heaven and the brotherhood of man. Where in Jesus' teachings and revelations does one find an angry, brutal God, willing and capable of slaughtering every man, woman and child in a great flood? In the light of Jesus' teaching, we can see that God would never do such things. The story of Noah is a reflection of a more primitive understanding of God. Primitive man was awe-stricken by power--especially the apparent arbitrary, yet spectacular forces of nature. He was not yet ready to embrace the concept of a loving Father.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I mean, how is it possible that the whole earth was covered with water deeper than the highest mountain? Everest is 8850 meters above sea level and if the Earth was covered over its entire surface to more than 8850 meters, where is this water now? the earth contains thousands of times less water than what this description claims to have been.

Scripture says nothing of Mt. Everest. The earth may have
been virtually flat before the flood and the water 100 feet deep.
Currently, there is many times that.

Another possibility is that "The whole Earth" might not have
been a modern scientific description, but instead referring
to the radius of how far man had populated in the region.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Piet Strydom
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Cat Loaf You

Dec 11, 2017
Warsaw
✟22,505.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If there is one biblical narrative within the Bible many scientists disagrees with, or even use as evidence that the Bible should be discarded on its explanation of science, it is definitely the Great Flood, or as it is better known, Noah's flood.

I saw many documentaries where scientists asked this question, and it is claimed that no one answered up until now.
Well, lets just say the Christian Bible believer was never given the chance to answer!

I will give my 5c worth, and hope to show everyone that it is not the Bible that is wrong, but the Atheist that interpreted something quite different from what the Bible says about the origins and history of the Earth.
And the Bible actually gives a solid scientific conclusion in its description of a global flood.

You have lots of assumptions in your post .

Your first one is that there were mountains before .
Then you assume that all water was raining while bible clearly says only 40 days raining but alot longer comming from the deep , earth cracked open and water came out of it .

Earth is now 70% water on surface , it was not like that before flood , it never rain before flood , water was comming from underground .

Upvote 0

God bless Joshua

Nov 16, 2017
Sabah
✟19,493.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
True indeed.
And we know that the oceans was at least 400 meters shallower 3 000 years ago
The sea that separate Sumatera island and Malaysia was only 200 meters deep, rhinos even found in Java island, they must have travelled from Africa on foot b4 the flood.

Reactions: Piet Strydom
Upvote 0

Piet Strydom

Jan 10, 2018
Johannesburg
✟6,941.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Good grief.

So much nonsense in one thread it almost deserves a medal, if only you had not forgotten to include the flat earth nonsense as well.

Try again.
So, tell me where I misunderstand the creation theory Genesis incorrectly.
If you think I am talking Non sense, do you perhaps have another theory apart from Immanuel Kant's Theory on the origins of the Universe based on Newtonian principles?
Or perhaps you should tell me where Nicola Stenno went wrong when he developed the geological column, geology, crystallization and dating of strata?
I mean Both the nebular theory of Kant as well as Geology of Nicola Stenno is the foundation on what science are constructed on.
And who should I believe?
You, or Newton, Kant and Stenno.

Or shall I rather leave you to choose?
What do you say, you or the worlds' greatest scientists?

Upvote 0

Piet Strydom

Jan 10, 2018
Johannesburg
✟6,941.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Do you want to tell me that Jesus did not mention the flood and the destruction of all human kind?
Do you want to tell me that Jesus never attested to the Old Testament and quoted Sodom and Gomorrah?
The God you believe in is someone that I dont know where you got it from, but the God of the Bible is a Just God.
He rewards those that loves Him, and destroys those that Hates him.
He will condemn those that will not believe in Him, for they already condemned themself.
He takes away the sorrow and tears from them, done by Satan and his followers who behead, Bomb, Kill, Rape, and enslave. He will Judge them just as He judged the whole world and found only one man righteous among all when they denied Him and corrupted everything.
Please go and find out what Jesus said about those that never believed that God will destroy them (those who lived before the flood)

Have you ever read the Bible?

Upvote 0

Piet Strydom

Jan 10, 2018
Johannesburg
✟6,941.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
You have lots of assumptions in your post .
True.
When Hubble in 1925 discovered the Redshift in far of galaxies and stars, He postulated that these heavenly bodies moved away from us and science eventually assumed that the Universe is expanding.
men such as and Le Matre and later Hawkins decided that if one puts the expanding universe in retro motion, one will eventually come to a point where everything was pushed into an infinately small point that exploded into the universe.
They are assuming a lot also, no problem because they take what they have and theorise about it.

Now, I theorize that if the earth developed from Space dust that had particles and Ice caught within this particles, it will develop into one huge ball. This Ball will also be a big Muddy entity, and there is no question that if the Earth developed in such a way, there would not have been huge mountains at all.
The Earth was wet and soft and very round.
This is a highly probable theory, and also based on Scientific methodology as well as on scientific discoveries that proves the Wet Earth origins.
Greetings

Upvote 0