Martinez
✟903,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Everywhere I go there seems to be a shortage of workers. So my question to you is , Where did everyone go ?
Moved to a different work sector, started their own business, living on one income if married, moved back home if not from the US and decided not to come back, more difficult to get a green card, stricter imigration laws with measurable penalties etc. I'm sure there are more reasons.
Blessings.

Upvote 0

peaceful-forest

Nov 5, 2022
-
✟65,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Everywhere I go there seems to be a shortage of workers. So my question to you is , Where did everyone go ?
During the Pandemic, multiple things happened:
- People were forced to work at home
- People were laid off and businesses shut down
- People went on welfare
- People had to still work in public

I don't know about other states, but where I live, the governer has made it to where you have to prove you're job hunting or you lose your benefits (either welfare or covid, I don't remember which one).

Nobody wants to work anymore when they can stay home and the government takes care of them.

Or maybe they're doing internet jobs like OnlyFans.

Upvote 0

snowyowl

TheVVitch
Feb 17, 2023
Indonesia
✟9,801.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Some major contributing factors could include changes in the labor market due to increased automation and technological advancements, a shift in the population towards higher education and career paths that require long-term commitments away from certain types of work, an aging population, and immigration policies that limit the influx of foreign workers.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟719,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Many are working from home (when covid hit) .... it became more known by people and employers many jobs can be done remotely, also many have gone on the government payrolls .... one way or another.

Upvote 0