Jan 5, 2011
Western USA
✟7,771.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
:preach:
Why isn't anybody here? Why has nobody been her since August?
Come on, folks, we're reformed, we not only know the Lord but we know that He first knew us, before the foundation of the world, that He is the God of sovereign irresistible grace, that His love is not the wishful thinking of some cosmic Sugar Daddy, but the powerful redeeming love of the King of Kings and Lord of Lords, who's word smashes the cedars of Lebanon, and divides the bone and sinew. that it is forgiving, propitiating, saving, restoring, reforming, sanctifying love.
Come on, folks. Let's get together here and praise our mighty God together, and rejoice in the Doctrines of Grace, exhorting, encouraging, teaching one another, bearing one another's burdens.
Let's talk about our great heritage, from Augustine on down.
Let's renew our confessional faith.
Let's talk about what God has taught us in His word, from the great pulpits, out of the great commentaries and bodies of divinity and other Puritan and Reformed works.
No posts since August? This is an embarrassment. Let's fix it, now.

Shulamite

My Bridegroom suffered this for ME
Oct 12, 2007
USA
✟18,125.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Great post! Glad you said that. Yes, we need to come together and encourage one another in what God has shown us.... His love in election and predestination (Romans 9) and to hold fast to what He's revealed. I post often in Soteriology, where there are endless debates. Here, in this forum, we can fellowship with fellow reformed brothers and sisters and encourage one another, having these revelations in common.

:amen:

Upvote 0

heymikey80

Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum viditur
Dec 18, 2005
✟34,309.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Been too busy studyin'.

Seriously, I'm drowning in the needs of my church for instruction, basic and advanced. Right now I'm trying to figure out how to arbitrate a communicants class and a class on the society, approaches, presuppositions, and actions early Christians took on in evangelism, from Jesus onward.

I'm joking that we're in lesson 8 of a 2-week review of the evangelism of the Sermon on the Mount. =sigh=.

"Please come and help us."

So what do the Confessions say about evangelizing?

Upvote 0

Kennesaw42

Shepherd's Crook, Roughly Hewn
Jan 5, 2011
Western USA
✟7,771.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Welcome Rosemary Duncan from Aberdeenshire!

I'm probably one of the very few Reformed Baptists lurking hereabouts, but I usually stay pretty quiet about my view on baptism (in the NT, only believers got it and they got it by dunking), because I'm very "presbyterian" otherwise, even when it comes to church government, having twice seen how a church led by an autonomous pastor answerable to nobody can get pretty weird.

I go to a wonderful Presbyterian church (PCA), read Presbyterian books, and probably have Presbyterian dreams, so my little gizmo up there says I'm a Presbyterian, and one must peruse my personal info page to find out otherwise.

Not that I'm ashamed to be a Baptist, not for a minute. But I'm more comfortable hanging out here with these good defenders of the historic reformed faith.

I'm in really rotten health, but not retired (ha!), and semi-homebound, but I do get out a bit, and can walk a half mile with my cane before collapsing in the nearest pub!

Well, that last parts a joke, unfortunately, as you can count the real pubs in America on one thumb, and as as I'm supposed to stay away from anything stronger than tap water.

Sorry for running on and on about myself. Do tell us a wee bit more about yourself now.

Upvote 0

RosemaryDuncan

Feb 3, 2011
Scotland
✟7,657.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Well - we live half way up a hill called the Tap O'Noth, overlooking the village of Rhynie. Excellent air and views. I was a widow for six years until I met my second husband, Jim, and we have been married for 12 years. I have two step-children aged 37 and 40 this year - and am about to become a step-grandmother. I also have a son who is aged 31 this year and who is back with us for a six month holiday after spending 6 years in China - teaching English and testing for the British Council.
This is a land of Reformists - or I should say was a land of the Reformists. John MacArthur speaks of the church of tares - which is a very sad expression - but appropriate here. I am not talking about differing doctrines but of birth - or should I say rebirth.
However - even as I write I feel excited because God knows exactly what He is doing - of course.
I am sorry to hear that you are unwell.
R

Upvote 0

Kennesaw42

Shepherd's Crook, Roughly Hewn
Jan 5, 2011
Western USA
✟7,771.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Well, Rosemary of Tap O'Noth, that sounds absolutely idyllic. I could do with some of your excellent air. I see you're 20 miles or more from the North Sea, so I would suspect you can't quite see that far, but tell me if I'm wrong.

Yes, Scotland has a wonderful church history, going back to John Knox, but I've heard the stories of how lots of beautiful churches have been turned into taverns and such.

You speak of John MacArthur; I'm very much a fan. I like R.C. Sproul too, and John Piper is a great preacher even though he hobnobs with some questionable folk (like Rick Warren (Purpose Driven Church)) and compromising positions (like on the subject of old earth, young earth).

Sounds like you have quite a good number of children and grandchildren and such. I pray they're all well and that they all know the Lord.

As you have time, tell me more about your church and your pilgrimage.

Upvote 0
May 2, 2011
I'm right here
Visit site
✟7,633.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Online fellowship in forums for Reformed folks can be hard. We are such a small minority in American Christianity - so we find it difficult to find fellowship in places like this. I've joined a number of forums, looking for good conversation, only to witness conversation derailed by people who want to get in a fight. Bottom line, fellowship in person is better because nobody else is listening!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Foghorn

Saved by grace
Mar 8, 2010
New England
Visit site
✟36,476.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
May I join in? I am of a different denomination and I want to learn about your denomination and praise God and have fellowship with you.

Your a different denomination then which?

Of course you may join in. :)

Upvote 0

Forge3

Forge
Aug 26, 2009
Toronto
✟13,441.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Your a different denomination then which?

Of course you may join in. :)

Online fellowship in forums for Reformed folks can be hard. We are such a small minority in American Christianity - so we find it difficult to find fellowship in places like this. I've joined a number of forums, looking for good conversation, only to witness conversation derailed by people who want to get in a fight. Bottom line, fellowship in person is better because nobody else is listening!

And thanks.

Upvote 0