Birmingham, England
Visit site
✟9,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Come on guys!!

Why is this forum so quiet? Why have we let the enemy convince us that the workplace is the land of the secular?

Every Christian here has a phenominal opportunity to take Jesus into their work environment every day. We haven't got to be confrontational, we just carry Jesus and let him do his thing.

ThePsalmist

Mar 6, 2006
NW Houston
✟15,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Come on guys!!

Why is this forum so quiet? Why have we let the enemy convince us that the workplace is the land of the secular?

Every Christian here has a phenominal opportunity to take Jesus into their work environment every day. We haven't got to be confrontational, we just carry Jesus and let him do his thing.

Are you referring to "Closet Christian's?" in the work place? :scratch:

Upvote 0

ThePsalmist

Mar 6, 2006
NW Houston
✟15,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are you referring to "Closet Christian's?" in the work place? :scratch:

Not just in the work place. All the world.

After all it Christianity is not a "Secret Order" or "Secret Society"

Maybe we need to be challenged about what we believe and why we believe it.

Maybe? No we need to be challenged, and make a declaration of our stand for Christ Jesus, and show our loyalty, with a faithful witness.

:confused:

Upvote 0

solomon

Feb 23, 2008
Ohio
Visit site
✟7,645.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Here is a SAD reality to this.. Faith based individuals are made to feel uncomfortable in a public company. Look at how it is set up, public companies strive to increase the stock price. In many cases, not all but many the company lies about an increase in sales or new development that does not exist to intice investors. As a christian I was taught that deception to get what you want will always come full circle.

If you are in an existing company or an individual that is looking at new opportunities in a company, Pleaseread the Mission statement of the company before the interview. Thereis a greatdeal ofinformation in those words...

GOD bless...

Upvote 0

ThePsalmist

Mar 6, 2006
NW Houston
✟15,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not just in the work place. All the world.

After all it Christianity is not a "Secret Order" or "Secret Society"

Maybe we need to be challenged about what we believe and why we believe it.

Maybe? No we need to be challenged, and make a declaration of our stand for Christ Jesus, and show our loyalty, with a faithful witness.

:confused:

The Need To Be Challenged . . .
As Christians, we need to be challenged about our faith, whether by men or by God. We would all end up as lukewarm Christians if we weren't ever challenged. And, we all know what God thinks of lukewarm Christians. Don't we?
We need to be challenged - If we are not challenged, then "our" stand is weakening. And if "our" stand is weakening, then "we" will begin to fall for anything.
The time is now - And do this, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep; for now our salvation is nearer than when we first believed. Romans 13:11
Stand therefore - 13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. 14 Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness. Ephesians 6:13-14
Contend earnestly - Beloved, while I was very diligent to write to you concerning our common salvation, I found it necessary to write to you exhorting you to contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints. Jude 1:3
Be ready - But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear. 1 Peter 3:15
Are we up to the challenge?
What do we say, or how do we answer ?
Do we answer and say that we “Standing therefore, contending earnestly for the faith,
always being ready to give a defense to everyone who asks.”
Are we "Openly professing Christian's" or "Silent witness Christian's" or "Closet Christian's".
If we are not openly professing Christians, then what is the barricade, or stumbling block?
What are "WE" Christian's afraid of ? Someone ? or something ?
Embarrassment? "For whoever is ashamed of Me and My words, of him the Son of Man will be ashamed when He comes in His own glory, and in His Father's, and of the holy angels." Luke 9:26
Being made fun of ? And many of them said, "He has a demon and is mad. Why do you listen to Him?" John 10:20
Unfair Affliction ? "These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world." John 16:33
Mean Unkindness ? Alexander the coppersmith did me much harm. May the Lord repay him according to his works. 2 Tim. 4:14
Of being Shunned ? "Blessed are you when men hate you, And when they exclude you, and revile you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of Man's sake." Luke 6:22
Cruel Mockery ? Still others had trial of mockings and scourgings, yes, and of chains and imprisonment. Heb. 11:36
Harsh Persecution? 10"Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, For theirs is the kingdom of heaven.11 Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake. 12 Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you. Mat. 5:10-12. We are in good company.
"But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you." Mat. 5:44
Maybe Martyrdom ? Then he killed James the brother of John with the sword. Acts 12:2
Are we up for the Challenge?

What about being embarrassed, and denying the Lord?

Is it possible that "WE" would really "Deny" the profession of our faith in Jesus by our words, thoughts, and deeds, and thus do the same again to Jesus Christ as Peter did? Yes, I know Peter repented, and was forgiven, but I believe it to be a word of caution, and Peter would tell us, "My (Peter's) denial was recorded so that those who "Follow" hereafter, will be reminded to stand and not shrink back from their profession and faith in Jesus."

Some would say either "WE" have the goods or "WE" do not.

Are we "Salt and light?" Are we Flavorless and dark ? "You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt loses its flavor, how shall it be seasoned? It is then good for nothing but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot by men." Mat. 5:13

What say “We” ? Where do “We” stand?

"Stand therefore" . . . and having done all, to stand. 14 Stand therefore . . . Ephesians 6:13-14

1 Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, 2 looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3 For consider Him who endured such hostility from sinners against Himself, lest you become weary and discouraged in your souls. Heb. 12:1-2

Contend earnestly for the faith - Beloved, while I was very diligent to write to you concerning our common salvation, I found it necessary to write to you exhorting you to contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints. Jude 1:3

So How say you? Are we or aren't we?

Psalmist

Upvote 0
P

petehears

The Need To Be Challenged . . .
As Christians, we need to be challenged about our faith, whether by men or by God. We would all end up as lukewarm Christians if we weren't ever challenged. And, we all know what God thinks of lukewarm Christians. Don't we?
We need to be challenged - If we are not challenged, then "our" stand is weakening. And if "our" stand is weakening, then "we" will begin to fall for anything.
The time is now - And do this, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep; for now our salvation is nearer than when we first believed. Romans 13:11
Stand therefore - 13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. 14 Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness. Ephesians 6:13-14
Contend earnestly - Beloved, while I was very diligent to write to you concerning our common salvation, I found it necessary to write to you exhorting you to contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints. Jude 1:3
Be ready - But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear. 1 Peter 3:15
What do we say, or how do we answer ?
Do we answer and say that we “Standing therefore, contending earnestly for the faith,
always being ready to give a defense to everyone who asks.”
Are we "Openly professing Christian's" or "Silent witness Christian's" or "Closet Christian's".
If we are not openly professing Christians, then what is the barricade, or stumbling block?
What are "WE" Christian's afraid of ? Someone ? or something ?
Embarrassment? "For whoever is ashamed of Me and My words, of him the Son of Man will be ashamed when He comes in His own glory, and in His Father's, and of the holy angels." Luke 9:26
Being made fun of ? And many of them said, "He has a demon and is mad. Why do you listen to Him?" John 10:20
Unfair Affliction ? "These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world." John 16:33
Mean Unkindness ? Alexander the coppersmith did me much harm. May the Lord repay him according to his works. 2 Tim. 4:14
Of being Shunned ? "Blessed are you when men hate you, And when they exclude you, and revile you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of Man's sake." Luke 6:22
Cruel Mockery ? Still others had trial of mockings and scourgings, yes, and of chains and imprisonment. Heb. 11:36
Harsh Persecution? 10"Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, For theirs is the kingdom of heaven.11 Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake. 12 Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you. Mat. 5:10-12. We are in good company.
"But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you." Mat. 5:44
Maybe Martyrdom ? Then he killed James the brother of John with the sword. Acts 12:2
Are we up for the Challenge?

What about being embarrassed, and denying the Lord?

Is it possible that "WE" would really "Deny" the profession of our faith in Jesus by our words, thoughts, and deeds, and thus do the same again to Jesus Christ as Peter did? Yes, I know Peter repented, and was forgiven, but I believe it to be a word of caution, and Peter would tell us, "My (Peter's) denial was recorded so that those who "Follow" hereafter, will be reminded to stand and not shrink back from their profession and faith in Jesus."

Some would say either "WE" have the goods or "WE" do not.

Are we "Salt and light?" Are we Flavorless and dark ? "You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt loses its flavor, how shall it be seasoned? It is then good for nothing but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot by men." Mat. 5:13

What say “We” ? Where do “We” stand?

"Stand therefore" . . . and having done all, to stand. 14 Stand therefore . . . Ephesians 6:13-14

1 Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, 2 looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3 For consider Him who endured such hostility from sinners against Himself, lest you become weary and discouraged in your souls. Heb. 12:1-2

Contend earnestly for the faith - Beloved, while I was very diligent to write to you concerning our common salvation, I found it necessary to write to you exhorting you to contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints. Jude 1:3

So How say you? Are we or aren't we?

Psalmist
i will readily talk with any of my co-workers about my faith, and if they ask, i'll tell them about Jesus, and what he did for all of us.. no, i don't happen to deny my faith to my co-workers... but it's not like i'm around them long enough to talk about anything..lol and we almost never have lunch together, so when i get the time with them, to talk about these things, i shall..

Upvote 0

ghs1994

Jul 1, 2005
Ohio
✟16,381.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
by not participating in unrighteous behavior will get co-workers curious and asking questions.

ever heard the phrase you catch more bees with honey than vinegar?

i would advise anyone not to be a loud mouth "preaching" the Gospel. those who do such things aren't acting in love, but judgment of those around them and that isn't our job.

at the same time, let's not back down from God's principles. remember, we have been called to live a quiet life, mind our business and work with our own hands (1 thessalonians 4:11).

christians have a bad enough name without someone being judgmental and condemning. the Bible tells us in 1 Cor. 5 that we are not to judge the outside world, and yet in our workplaces, we do this everyday. if you want to win someone to Jesus, don't act like the rest of the world; go above and beyond doing things that will get them noticing you. if you do, they notice Jesus in you and then you can tell them why you have the hope you have (1 Peter 3:15)

maybe we should show a little compassion, a little concern about those lives that are heading for destruction because they refuse the believe the Truth.

Upvote 0

Aileen

Jul 30, 2004
✟7,870.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Surely our workplace is exactly that...the place where we WORK and receive a salary for doing just that. Our diligence is a testimoney. In normal conversation a Christian should speak of his lifestyle and not hide the fact that he is a Christian but I think to begin "witnessing" or "preaching" during working hours is robbery.

Many workplaces willingly allow 10 or 15 minutes a week for prayer and a brief Bible Study.

Upvote 0

andreha

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2009
Gauteng
✟130,569.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Come on guys!!

*raises hand*

The Lord blessed me with an awesome cell group at work to look after. We gather every wednesday, in a boardroom on the top floor. The Holy Spirit has so far identified over 50 of God's children from all kinds of backgrounds to me, and there's always enough who attend to make it a blessed occasion. It's an awesome ministry. Only God can do such awesome things. I didn't even dream of such a calling. :clap:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ryan.medrano

May 17, 2009
Arizona, United States
✟15,113.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Man I work for the military full time and I gotta be honest, its hard somedays but its good for me to have to the verse of the day sent to me by AIR1 Radio and that away I copy and paste and send the verse to a lot of my co-workers, friends and family. Though I do not get a response from about 95% of the people, I have seen there response to me. For instance, I got a friend who was going through a lot, and he actually opened up and let me minister to him, and It was great! I know that God allowed the small minister of sending the text message of the verses to help him and maybe help others. I know its difficult and hard sometimes, but he must drive on in order to affect and grow the kingdom of God! Thanks.

-Ryan M.

Upvote 0

andreha

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2009
Gauteng
✟130,569.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Man I work for the military full time and I gotta be honest, its hard somedays but its good for me to have to the verse of the day sent to me by AIR1 Radio and that away I copy and paste and send the verse to a lot of my co-workers, friends and family. Though I do not get a response from about 95% of the people, I have seen there response to me. For instance, I got a friend who was going through a lot, and he actually opened up and let me minister to him, and It was great! I know that God allowed the small minister of sending the text message of the verses to help him and maybe help others. I know its difficult and hard sometimes, but he must drive on in order to affect and grow the kingdom of God! Thanks.

-Ryan M.

That's awesome - spreading the word like that.:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Divinah

Jul 11, 2006
Bakersfield, Ca.
Visit site
✟8,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hello...I am a strong, active, open, KNOWN Christian at work and respected in THAT. However, the dynamics of my workplace are so 'wrong' that it's ALL THE MORE difficult for me to maintain that Spirit when everything is so 'broken'. I probably bite my tongue more because I know that I'm the 'Christian'. I sometimes STOP myself when I'm most frustrated with someone and say to myself...'what if I am supposed to LOVE this person' :doh:. SO I DO. But, I know it's not God's will for me to just sit and take, always. I guess I need prayer for the people I work with. For God's spirit to overcome what IS going on there. And of course for ME to have God's Wisdom and Discretion as to where I maybe should be besides HERE! :confused:

Thank you. :prayer:

Upvote 0