When's the big day? And how's the planning?

lovesbrightpink

Loves jesus and America too.
Aug 19, 2006
Oklahoma
✟11,844.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
the men did the tux thing last weekend.

So now I have to

Get candy and scoops for the candy bar
place cards
seating charts
menu cards
shoes
he needs his groomsmen gifts
going on sun to do rentals
hopefully cupcake tasting next week
and I need to do the music.

I cant believe Im going to be married in a month.

Upvote 0

lovesbrightpink

Aug 19, 2006
Oklahoma
✟11,844.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
yummy the cupcake tasting went AMAZING!! and I got the seating chart done.

I need to get the scoopers for the candy bar,
buy more candy
find ribbon
menu cards
place cards
shoes
get his lil sister something
do a trial make up run :)

Upvote 0
P

PreacherMan_1

Our wedding date is September 6 and I can hardly wait!!

We have most of all the planning done. We are working on our program and order of service. We are also beginning to address invitations. Still doing showers though! 2 down, 5 more to go!! That's what happens when you get married later in life and both of you are involved in multiple circles. But honeymoon is planned and paid for (thanks Dad!), groomsmen have been fitted for tuxes, bridesmaid dresses are all measured, flowers are ordered. . .am I forgetting something? Probably.

92 days and counting!!

Upvote 0

lovesbrightpink

Aug 19, 2006
Oklahoma
✟11,844.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Our wedding date is September 6 and I can hardly wait!!

We have most of all the planning done. We are working on our program and order of service. We are also beginning to address invitations. Still doing showers though! 2 down, 5 more to go!! That's what happens when you get married later in life and both of you are involved in multiple circles. But honeymoon is planned and paid for (thanks Dad!), groomsmen have been fitted for tuxes, bridesmaid dresses are all measured, flowers are ordered. . .am I forgetting something? Probably.

92 days and counting!!

Your so on top of things. I wish I had more time :( 22 days left but honestly I cant wait to be married :)

Upvote 0

miss_klara

Old Married Woman
Apr 28, 2005
Perth
Visit site
✟2,751.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I ordered my dress :) and I get a FREE VEIL!! Wooot! Plus, the honeymoon is paid off :)

Most pressing issues now:
- FLOWERS
- Picking a cake for our decorator to make
- Decorations
- Guest favours
- Gift registry (I CAN'T WAIT TO DO THIS!!!!)
- Bridesmaid/groomsmen/family gifts (got one for MOH at least)
- Ringssss
- Wedding night hotel room
- Shoes, jewellery for myself & bridesmaids
- Lingerie :p
- And, oh yeah, a house to live in! Crikey.

Upvote 0

California Dreamin'

Crazy Cat Lady
Site Supporter
Mar 30, 2004
Nova Scotia, Canada
✟60,435.00
Faith
Un. Church of CA
Marital Status
Engaged
We are hoping for September 26, 2009.
Want to have pink and orange for colours.
He wants to make the cake.
We are thinking a morning ceremony at my church with a "meet-and-greet" style reception in the church basement.

We don't have anything 'set in stone' yet.
Just got engaged on July 26.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Xx_blessed_xX

Aug 26, 2008
✟7,642.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
Our big day is September 20th! Which means it's less than a month away! YAY! We actually decided to have a wedding about 3 months ago. It's been quite a ride with all the planning! I didn't know there was sooo much in planning a wedding. But thankfully, we had his mom to help us.
Luckily the first thing we got was the dress. And even then we wasn't sure if we were actually going to have a wedding or just go to the JP. But after deciding to have an actual ceremony, everything got started from there. We went into full wedding mode, and now about 3 months later we have everything ready and paid for! Now we just have to do the last minute planning like vows, order of events, etc.
It truly was God's work that we managed to plan an entire wedding all in less than 3 months! We are truly blessed! We seriously considered going to the JP to get married because of our lack of finances as well as lack of time. But I guess God wanted us to have the actual ceremony. He was with us through the entire planning process. And I am soo thankful!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GuitarMia05

Your Friendly Tattooed Pastor/Worship Leader
Apr 17, 2004
Missouri
✟17,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Our Big Day is

August 8, 2009

We've Got the Pastor (my dad... I promiced him when I was 8 I would let him marry me), The Location (A gorgeous park here in Springfield, Illinois), and the colors picked out, that's really about it at the moment. eeeeeek! LOL

It's a slow but gaining process :) I'm just happy that God gave me the man ive been praying for all these years :)

Upvote 0

pentecostalgirl0414

Soon to be mommy of 2!!
Jan 28, 2005
Wahiawa, HI
✟21,780.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Our big day is June 27, 2009.
We have:
- picked out our colors turquoise and chocolate brown.
-getting married at our church with the reception being held in the fellowship hall.
-The youth pastor of our church who is also my cousin will be performing the ceremony.
-I am having 4 bridesmaids.
-We are ordering our invitations. I am getting 100 invitations and response cards in color ink for $100. (They are on the plainer side so I am hot gluing bows to the top in our coordinating wedding colors.)
-We are getting our wedding cake made for free. A member of our church just graduated from culinary school and she is excellent with wedding cakes. She is also catering our wedding free of charge.
-We have a photographer in our church so we are getting our pictures for $250.
- I bought my dress and jacket (my church required a jacket) for $300.
-I am making all of the table centerpieces myself. I have 6 done. 18 more to go.

I will try to post a picture and maybe you can tell me what you think.
It is getting closer but I still have a lot to do.
Ahhhhh!!!

Upvote 0