Illinois
✟176,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I do not hear a audible voice, but during prayer my mind is blank and silent until I finish my question. Then it is immediately answered. If I try to think by myself to change the answer it just won't happen during prayer and sometimes I get answers that I don't like but I am unable to change them with my mind. The answers always seemed to line up with scripture.

I try praying the same question and the answer has always been the same it has never changed.

Reactions: sea5763

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I do not hear a audible voice, but during prayer my mind is blank and silent until I finish my question. Then it is immediately answered. If I try to think by myself to change the answer it just won't happen during prayer and sometimes I get answers that I don't like but I am unable to change them with my mind. The answers always seemed to line up with scripture.

I try praying the same question and the answer has always been the same it has never changed.

I don't pray with questions, I pray in faith. So God's response is not in form of an answer, but of a confirmation that reflects an already established promise.

Because God does not exist to grant my wishes like a genie. But I am put in this world to give Him glory. My way of operating, including how I pray, should then reflect that.

Reactions: FightTheFlesh
Upvote 0

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Site Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Enjoying your posts:). My prayers are answered with words from the Lord (scriptures that jump out at me while reading the bible), actual physical manifestations (canker sore balm or a dollar bill that happened to be blown by the wind to the park bench where I was sitting - when I was dirt poor), and sometimes by God's silence (meaning it was either not God's will or just not the right time). Peace in Christ:).

Reactions: FightTheFlesh
Upvote 0

sea5763

May 9, 2018
California
✟59,429.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
That’s amazing!!! I only had one time during sleep paralysis when I thought God spoke to me. Sometimes I’ll ask for help in knowing what to do through dreams, and while sometimes I guess that it might be an answer I’m not certain. I used to hear voices before taking Meds and thought that God was talking to me but I believe now that during that time i never heard him audibly while awake.

The most recent dream I had where I thought maybe God was communicating with me in a dream it was basically telling me I needed to focus on my homework instead of getting to better know a guy that everyone was telling me was bad news. In the dream I was supposed to focus on a bunch of yaks. At first there was 4000 then 3000 and then I was fuzzy about there maybe being 2000 and then it ended with 1000. I thought when I woke up that maybe it had to do with the money I was earning part time, cuz my first year of working I earned 4000 and then 3000 the second year. But I was confused about the 1000 because I didn’t think that it correlated to anything. Then a week later i got my paystub for the past year and it was 1000. I had forgotten about it. I know I’m dirt poor I’m hoping if I work hard and God willing that that will change soon

Upvote 0

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I just noticed I took your post the wrong way.

I thought you were accusing me of something.

Not at all!

I was just giving how I personally experience God’s responses to my prayers and my understanding of it. But I can understand how you may have seen it the way you did.

Sorry that I lashed back though. I don’t think there’s only one standard way God answers people but all I know is that He nevers go out of character when He does. So something to just keep in mind when seeking a response.

• Friendly
Reactions: JohnB445
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Joy

May 21, 2004
B'ham
✟1,403,923.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
MOD HAT ON

262241_97344f3feba7d2020816cbb9e9ef87d8.jpeg

This Thread

From Prayer Wall to "My Two Cents Worth"

as This is a More Fitting Forum

for this subject

MOD HAT OFF

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

usexpat97

kewlness
Aug 1, 2012
Ecuador
✟76,839.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
It depends on the prayer. Important thing to realize is, prayer is not a sacrament, a method, or a procedure, but talking to God. And God is a live, intelligent, self-aware deity with a mind of His own.

I have had prayer immediately answered, in exactly the way I asked, I have had prayer answered in ways I did NOT expect at all, and I have met silence on the other end. God will do as He pleases, and the first thing we should be thankful for is that we even CAN pray. That He will hear us.

Upvote 0