When Will Christ Return?

What year range do you believe Jesus Christ will return in?

• 2010 - 2020

• 2020 - 2030

• 2030 - 2040

• Beyond 2040

• I don't know

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirit Compass

Surfer on the Lucid Sea
Dec 28, 2009
Mission Beach
Visit site
✟8,386.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Bible simply does not agree with your statement. [exerpted]
"23Thus he said, The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth, which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces. 24And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings." Dan. 7:23-24

This militarily strong nation seems to fit the old British Commonwealth more than any other nation. It broke large nations into little pieces and replaced national government with commonwealth rule. If your history is current, you will remember who first thought to rule what is now the United States of America. Our nearing holiday gives an interesting reason of why we celebrate that military excursion.

You can read about Britain's modern military conquests in an fascinating book about nation building. This is Amazon's summary:

The American involvement in Iraq has rightfully been described as a huge mess of epic proportions by the press on this side of the world. "The Mesopotamia Mess: The British Invasion of Iraq in 1914" is an examination of how complicated messes for liberating forces going into Iraq is nothing new - and how the Americans have learned just about nothing making the move into Iraq from their allied British invader's history. Stating point by point every lesson that should have been picked up by the Americans before diving into the mess of Iraq, it's a somewhat saddening story of history repeating itself. "The Mesopotamia Mess: The British Invasion of Iraq in 1914" is highly recommended for anyone who desires a better understanding of the present through the past, and for community library military collections.

And you think the anti-christ of Saudi Arabia or Turkey or Iran can do what no other nation has done?:o:confused: Only if he succeeds in covincing other militarily strong nations to unite in military conquest: The Battle of Armaggedon!:pray:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rdcast

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
✟8,781.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Spirit Compass<<<
America's governement should go back to the Bush-Cheney years governing mentalilty!:o:doh::confused:
No matter the government, it is the function of all modern government to create recessions. It's what they are best at. What is supposed to be our elected representatives have morphed into demagogues/kings. They have long since stopped serving "We the People" and are bought by the same powerful special interests, while they confound, occupy and divide their electorate with arguments over who did what. I will never vote for an incumbent politician again, or the biggest campaign spenders, not that it will help. I'm just through with giving allegiance or justification for any politico, party or process. Regardless the outcome, it is all for the Glory of God. The last 7 years before the return of Jesus Christ, wont be pretty, so why fight it?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jun 15, 2010
✟8,034.00
Faith
Seeker
Spirit Compass<<<

No matter the government, it is the function of all modern government to create recessions. It's what they are best at. What is supposed to be our elected representatives have morphed into demagogues/kings. They have long since stopped serving "We the People" and are bought by the same powerful special interests, while they confound, occupy and divide their electorate with arguments over who did what. I will never vote for an incumbent politician again, or the biggest campaign spenders, not that it will help. I'm just through with giving allegiance or justification for any politico, party or process. Regardless the outcome, it is all for the Glory of God. The last 7 years before the return of Jesus Christ, wont be pretty, so why fight it?
Amen.

Upvote 0

rdcast

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
✟8,781.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
David69<<<
Dont know what you mean?
My diction failed me here, but what I was eluding to was my resistance to accept any influence from the Aztecs, Incas, Buddhists, Muslims or whatever, to combine with the Holy and Living Word of God, to formulate inspired interpretations.

Upvote 0

chingchang

Jul 17, 2008
New Braunfels, Texas
✟10,259.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
well, IMO (stress that it is my opinion) a global gnmt could be set up, 99% right now...
and take but one major event to make it so....
perhaps a global economic crisis...hint, hint!!!

the entire trib is IMO 5 months(Rev9), not years...

so I see a very rapid NWO forming, then it mostly collapsing,
then saved again...by Satan's apperance....
all within a few months

could be sooner than later

100% yes. This could surface rapidly with one huge global crisis.

CC

Upvote 0

NJBeliever

Apr 29, 2009
New Jersey
✟9,635.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
NJBeliever<<<

I've done everything but begged my sisters and brothers to review my writing on this matter:Magi Today

Well, actually, you never said that you wrote it. lol. So I read it now. And it's very well-written. I see that the 1 Peter verse is the basis of it. I think that verse is valid to use for theorizing on how The Lord would view time or a timetabe, but I do not get too dogmatic about when the "time clock" starts.

But it's certainly possible that the Millenial reign represents the "Sabbath" day in that The Lord can now rest as Christ Jesus rules all.

One question though: where do you find the diea that the Tree of Life is avaiable to humanity during the Millenial reign?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Nov 16, 2009
Kentucky
✟12,610.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Spirit Compass<<<

Very well said.

I have been trying to tell all the selfrighteous teabaggers that just because you hate liberals doesnt mean the conservatives will stop the march into the NWO.

It is our whole system that is the beast. Dem or repub, lib or con, all hold themselves higher than we the people, and all look to fullfill their own personal interests, rather than what is for the good of the people.

Needless to say, the nation claiming to be one under god, is indebted to a dragon for what, 11 trillion.

We are surely a nation under God, but it simply is NOT the One True and ALmighty Creator God, YWHA.

I dont think it takes any kind of genius to figure out whom are allegiances are owed.

Upvote 0
Nov 16, 2009
Kentucky
✟12,610.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
David69<<<

My diction failed me here, but what I was eluding to was my resistance to accept any influence from the Aztecs, Incas, Buddhists, Muslims or whatever, to combine with the Holy and Living Word of God, to formulate inspired interpretations.

Brother RD, you refuse to believe the pagan religions calling for a messiah. All of these others you have mentioned await the same messiah, whereas we await our True Christ seven years later.

So, David 69, may very bell be correct in a way. It is simply the antichrist the pagans refer to as their messiah.

Maybe the eagle landing would be the birth of the false messiah. Maybe lucifer is the eagle referred to by pagan prophets.

Now as for Islam......

From what I have read, part of Islam will fall for this false messiah, calling him mahdi, but the largest part of Islam will be vastly persecuted awaiting the One True Jesus Christ.

Once He finds the lost sheep, who knows, but perhaps we shall embrace them at our Lord's Anointing.

Upvote 0

rdcast

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
✟8,781.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
NJBeliever<<<
x-icon;base64,AAABAAEAEBAQAAEABAAoAQAAFgAAACgAAAAQAAAAIAAAAAEABAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAEAAAAAAAAAAEAgQAhIOEAMjHyABIR0gA6ejpAGlqaQCpqKkAKCgoAPz9%2FAAZGBkAmJiYANjZ2ABXWFcAent6ALm6uQA8OjwAiIiIiIiIiIiIiI4oiL6IiIiIgzuIV4iIiIhndo53KIiIiB%2FWvXoYiIiIfEZfWBSIiIEGi%2FfoqoiIgzuL84i9iIjpGIoMiEHoiMkos3FojmiLlUipYliEWIF%2BiDe0GoRa7D6GPbjcu1yIiIiIiIiIiIiIiIiIiIiIiIiIiIiIiIgAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Well, actually, you never said that you wrote it. lol. So I read it now. And it's very well-written. I see that the 1 Peter verse is the basis of it. I think that ve
x-icon;base64,AAABAAEAEBAQAAEABAAoAQAAFgAAACgAAAAQAAAAIAAAAAEABAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAEAAAAAAAAAAEAgQAhIOEAMjHyABIR0gA6ejpAGlqaQCpqKkAKCgoAPz9%2FAAZGBkAmJiYANjZ2ABXWFcAent6ALm6uQA8OjwAiIiIiIiIiIiIiI4oiL6IiIiIgzuIV4iIiIhndo53KIiIiB%2FWvXoYiIiIfEZfWBSIiIEGi%2FfoqoiIgzuL84i9iIjpGIoMiEHoiMkos3FojmiLlUipYliEWIF%2BiDe0GoRa7D6GPbjcu1yIiIiIiIiIiIiIiIiIiIiIiIiIiIiIiIgAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
rse is valid to use for theorizing on how The Lord would view time or a timetabe, but I do not get too dogmatic about when the "time clock" starts.

The Tree of Life provided Adam with immortality. When he lost it, man's mortality began, thus staring the the clock or "6,000 man-year timetable"

But it's certainly possible that the Millenial reign represents the "Sabbath" day in that The Lord can now rest as Christ Jesus rules all.

I've called it the "Millennium-Sabbath", not that I should be naming such things. But it does help tie things together.

One question though: where do you find the diea that the Tree of Life is avaiable to humanity during the Millenial reign?

Rev. 22:2
In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

Three ideas that are found in the garden, are then too, mentioned in the Millennium-Sabbath: 1)Tree of Life 2)Satan and 3)the curse. The Tree of Life reemerges, Satan is bound, and the curse is ended.
My involvement here, early on, caused me to consider sweeping changes. For instance, the idea that the Great Tribulation is divided in two 3½ year periods, has been suggested it's relevance should carry over into the 6,000 man-year Creation-Redemption timetable. The implication is that, instead of Jesus Christ's Resurrection occurring at the end of the 4th God-day, it would be midway of that day, at 3,500 man-years after first sin. If this is the reality, then the end of the timetable wont arrive for another 500yrs. Also, there are other timing issues, like the Jubilee calendar, also when time stood still more than once that we know of, and last but not least, the whole issue over the actual birth date of Jesus Christ Himself. Each issue adds challenge to the hobby of Eschatology. If there is anyone who might handle this work alone, it most certainly NOT me! Oh, I should also point to the fact that I start this current "Resurrection Era(RE)" not from the birth of Jesus Christ, but rather from His Resurrection, effectually rolling back the timetable 33years. I own nothing of it, and all ideas should be considered. It is not even remotely possible that I have arrived at anything conclusive.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
T

Thankful For Grace

Re: this string. Very interesting.

I have no desire to get involved with an eschatological debate; however, there are a few things you may want to consider.

First, re: Jesus' timing of the end of the age. He never said that the generation that saw Israel become a reborn nation would be the generation that saw His return to set up His earthly reign.

What He said was that the generation that saw the signs in the heavenlies would not pass away until they saw Him coming in the clouds, and shortly thereafter, that He would return with His 'holy ones' to set up His earthly reign.

And, re: Israel and the trees: What He said was this: "When you see the trees bud, you know that spring is near. Likewise, when you see these signs (sun darkened, moon blood, etc.,) you know that the Kingdom (His reign on earth) is near.

Look at this verse:

Luke 21:29-31
29 And he spake to them a parable; Behold the fig tree, and all the trees;
30 When they now shoot forth, ye see and know of your own selves that summer is now nigh at hand.
31 So likewise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand.
KJV

Note this: "And all the trees"

Jesus is saying this, as I wrote, above: When you see the signs, you will know that the kingdom is near. He never said nor implied that Israel becoming a nation represented the budding of the 'tree', although Israel becoming a nation is a very important part of the end of the age, since many of the prophecies could not be fulfilled until that occurred.

I happen to agree with many of the people here that we are near the end of the age. We are seeing earthquakes, wars, etc. The stage is set.

We, as believers, WILL know the times, if not the exact dates. We will recognize the beginning of the seventieth week when the treaty is 'confirmed' for a 'seven'.

We are going to be Noahs of our age, if we are still alive--and even if "we" are not, some of our offspring will be, and will be Noahs, if we have taught them aright.

Jesus made it very clear that His disciples would recognize the signs, even though the worldlings would be deceived. He also makes it clear that we who are alive will endure Satan's wrath, and yet escape God's wrath.

Do not count on a pre-tribulation rapture. It is not present in scripture. What we are promised is, if we do not apostatize, strength to endure and overcome, and great blessing in the eternal realm. Christians will be martyred during the second half of the 7th week. Many will fall away and follow the enemy. Some will believe the Word and not be deceived.

Whatever comes, make a firm decision not to take the mark, because anyone who does will be lost. We are facing difficult times. We are seeing the birthpangs.

The only thing that will keep us is faith in Jesus Christ, and a willingness to endure any and all things for His Name.

tfg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

NJBeliever

Apr 29, 2009
New Jersey
✟9,635.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
NJBeliever<<<

My involvement here, early on, caused me to consider sweeping changes. For instance, the idea that the Great Tribulation is divided in two 3½ year periods, has been suggested it's relevance should carry over into the 6,000 man-year Creation-Redemption timetable. The implication is that, instead of Jesus Christ's Resurrection occurring at the end of the 4th God-day, it would be midway of that day, at 3,500 man-years after first sin. If this is the reality, then the end of the timetable wont arrive for another 500yrs. Also, there are other timing issues, like the Jubilee calendar, also when time stood still more than once that we know of, and last but not least, the whole issue over the actual birth date of Jesus Christ Himself. Each issue adds challenge to the hobby of Eschatology. If there is anyone who might handle this work alone, it most certainly NOT me! Oh, I should also point to the fact that I start this current "Resurrection Era(RE)" not from the birth of Jesus Christ, but rather from His Resurrection, effectually rolling back the timetable 33years. I own nothing of it, and all ideas should be considered. It is not even remotely possible that I have arrived at anything conclusive.

The Rev 22 verse you use regarding the Tree of Life, is in the New Jerusalem on the New Earth. This is after the Millennial Reign of Jesus. This occurs after sin has been eternally vanquished and God The Father will dwell on Earth with us.

I have not seen anything in Scripture indicating that the Tree of Life exists on Earth during the Millennium.

Upvote 0

rdcast

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
✟8,781.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
NJBeliever<<<
The Rev 22 verse you use regarding the Tree of Life, is in the New Jerusalem on the New Earth. This is after the Millennial Reign of Jesus. This occurs after sin has been eternally vanquished and God The Father will dwell on Earth with us.

I have not seen anything in Scripture indicating that the Tree of Life exists on Earth during the Millennium.

Revelation 20:7
And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

You're right about the timing. The Tree of Life reappears after the second death and Satan's end.

What you said about "after sin has been eternally vanquished" is yet another interesting comparison between these two situations. It might be argued that they're one and the same environment, that the flaming sword and Cherubims are removed from blocking the way to eternal life. Notice that wheresoever the Tree of Life is, there is no sin. There are no other events or circumstances described as such, and involving the combination of no sin and the Tree of Life. It almost seems "no sin" and the Tree of Life are synonymous. Regardless, the 7,000 man-years(Millennium-Sabbath now added) falls precisely between the only two occurrences of the Tree of Life.

Genesis 3:22-24
22And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:
23Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken.
24So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.

Upvote 0

rdcast

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
✟8,781.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Thankful For Grace<<<
Re: this string. Very interesting.

I have no desire to get involved with an eschatological debate; however, there are a few things you may want to consider.

First, re: Jesus' timing of the end of the age. He never said that the generation that saw Israel become a reborn nation would be the generation that saw His return to set up His earthly reign.

What He said was that the generation that saw the signs in the heavenlies would not pass away until they saw Him coming in the clouds, and shortly thereafter, that He would return with His 'holy ones' to set up His earthly reign.

And, re: Israel and the trees: What He said was this: "When you see the trees bud, you know that spring is near. Likewise, when you see these signs (sun darkened, moon blood, etc.,) you know that the Kingdom (His reign on earth) is near.

Look at this verse:

Luke 21:29-31
29 And he spake to them a parable; Behold the fig tree, and all the trees;
30 When they now shoot forth, ye see and know of your own selves that summer is now nigh at hand.
31 So likewise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand.
KJV

Note this: "And all the trees"

Jesus is saying this, as I wrote, above: When you see the signs, you will know that the kingdom is near. He never said nor implied that Israel becoming a nation represented the budding of the 'tree', although Israel becoming a nation is a very important part of the end of the age, since many of the prophecies could not be fulfilled until that occurred.

I happen to agree with many of the people here that we are near the end of the age. We are seeing earthquakes, wars, etc. The stage is set.

We, as believers, WILL know the times, if not the exact dates. We will recognize the beginning of the seventieth week when the treaty is 'confirmed' for a 'seven'.

We are going to be Noahs of our age, if we are still alive--and even if "we" are not, some of our offspring will be, and will be Noahs, if we have taught them aright.

Jesus made it very clear that His disciples would recognize the signs, even though the worldlings would be deceived. He also makes it clear that we who are alive will endure Satan's wrath, and yet escape God's wrath.

Do not count on a pre-tribulation rapture. It is not present in scripture. What we are promised is, if we do not apostatize, strength to endure and overcome, and great blessing in the eternal realm. Christians will be martyred during the second half of the 7th week. Many will fall away and follow the enemy. Some will believe the Word and not be deceived.

Whatever comes, make a firm decision not to take the mark, because anyone who does will be lost. We are facing difficult times. We are seeing the birthpangs.

The only thing that will keep us is faith in Jesus Christ, and a willingness to endure any and all things for His Name.

tfg
You've presented many wonderful analogies. A question of comparison between Noah, the Magi and modern day Eschatology comes to mind. All three adhere to Holy Prophecy without being prophets. Perhaps the most interesting aspect derived from your text, might be the clarification of what signs should be relied upon in the detection of the things that must happen. That being celestial.
I would rather think of my involvement at least, as one of discovery, and less of debate. I hope you keep an eye out for us, in this thread and others.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rdcast

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
✟8,781.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Almighty's humble servant<<<
Brother RD, you refuse to believe the pagan religions calling for a messiah. All of these others you have mentioned await the same messiah, whereas we await our True Christ seven years later.

So, David 69, may very bell be correct in a way. It is simply the antichrist the pagans refer to as their messiah.

Maybe the eagle landing would be the birth of the false messiah. Maybe lucifer is the eagle referred to by pagan prophets.

Now as for Islam......

From what I have read, part of Islam will fall for this false messiah, calling him mahdi, but the largest part of Islam will be vastly persecuted awaiting the One True Jesus Christ.

Once He finds the lost sheep, who knows, but perhaps we shall embrace them at our Lord's Anointing.
Thank you for prefacing your text with "Brother". It's disarming and appreciated.
I fear wolves in sheep's clothing. What is worthy of our time and what is a colossal distraction becomes problematic when looking outside Holy Scripture, and yes, in my mind's eye, the Living Word of God is the only inspired, and Holy Message. All else that would claim similar origins would be an addition or addendum to what has been commanded not to change.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.