USA
✟26,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I'm going to be 40 in October and we haven't conceived. It didn't help that I didn't marry until age 30 and we both agreed we didn't support going into debt for IVF.

Nothing is discernably "wrong" with our health, besides both our weights being in the obese category. However, both of us eat well and healthy, at home. We probably need to be more physically active due to desk job.

Each month for the last two years has just been a little bit more of a let down.

I know that the Lord's will is guiding all things, but sometimes it doesn't feel that way.

If anyone has any encouragement or advice for this time of acceptance, I would love to hear it.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,654,050.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm going to be 40 in October and we haven't conceived. It didn't help that I didn't marry until age 30 and we both agreed we didn't support going into debt for IVF.

Nothing is discernably "wrong" with our health, besides both our weights being in the obese category. However, both of us eat well and healthy, at home. We probably need to be more physically active due to desk job.

Each month for the last two years has just been a little bit more of a let down.

I know that the Lord's will is guiding all things, but sometimes it doesn't feel that way.

If anyone has any encouragement or advice for this time of acceptance, I would love to hear it.
If you are obese that can affect your fertility. My suggestion is to lose weight and try to be more active. Watch your ovulation times and leave it in God’s hands. I would not go for IVF either. Not because of the cost but the ethical issues involved in the procedure.

Reactions: cleophilia3
Upvote 0

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
we have heard of people who adopt and then go on to have babies conceived after adopting.

yes, people said that to us "now you'll get pregnant"

adopting was not a lesser choice to becoming a family
it was an awesome choice

Last edited:
Upvote 0