When that day comes will you enter the kingdom of Heaven?

Giver

Sep 12, 2005
USA - North Carolina
✟8,112.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Others

This was an active thread, but some how it vanished. Let us see if I can get it started again.

Jesus tells us that if one does not do the will of God, then he will tell him or her he does not know them, and that they are evil.

The following verses tell us that to be a friend of Jesus, and to be called by him to enter the kingdom of God one needs to hear the Word of God, and live that Word.

How is it that so many people can’t understand that God calls us to obedience? Jesus told us not to sin, and he gave us his Holy Spirit, and grace so we can do as he told us.

(Matthew 7:21-23) “It is not those who say to me, ‘Lord, Lord’, who will enter the kingdom of Heaven but the person who does the will of My Father in Heaven. When the day comes many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, cast out demons in your name, work many miracles in your name?’ Then I shall tell them to their faces: I have never known you; away from me, you evil men!”

Matthew 12:48-50) “Who is my mother? Who are my brothers? And stretching out his hand towards his disciples he said, ‘Here are my mother and my brothers. Anyone who does the will of may Father in heaven, he is my brother and sister and mother.”

(John 14:21-23) “Whoever holds to my commandments and keeps them is the one who loves me; and whoever loves me will be loved by my Father, and I shall love him and reveal myself to him.' Judas –not Judas Iscariot – said to him, ‘Lord, what has happened that you intend to show yourself to us and not to the world? Jesus replied: Anyone who loves me will keep my word and my Father will love him, and we shall come to him and make a home in him.”

Notice the verses are what Jesus told us. Nothing any man can imply can change the meaning of what Jesus said.

Giver

Sep 12, 2005
USA - North Carolina
✟8,112.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Others
How is it you can completely miss the entire book of Galatians that tells us of Peter's sin years after Pentecost and that anyone trying to merit the favor of God by keeping the Law is cursed?
You are willing to take man’s understanding of a verse, written by a man over what Jesus actually said?

Upvote 0

Faulty

bind on pick up
Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your logic is somewhat faulty.

You seem to think that in areas where you consider Paul's words to contradict the words of Jesus, that Paul's words are meaningless.

May I remind you that Paul received his words directly from Jesus, so they are the words of Jesus through Paul? (Gal 1:11-12)

The words of Jesus you cite are also indeed the words of Jesus, but they are words of Jesus given to us through men, Matthew and John.

In both cases they are words of Jesus, and in both cases they are words given to us through the words of other men. It was all written through men, even the parts you don't like.

Upvote 0

Giver

Sep 12, 2005
USA - North Carolina
✟8,112.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Others
No, I'm not, that's why I don't take what you say over what Galatians says.
Well then you should read all of Galatians.

Besides I was not asking anyone to read what I say, but what Jesus said to us.

(Galations 5:13-26)”For you were called for freedom, brothers. But do not use this freedom as an opportunity for the flesh; rather, serve one another through love. For the whole law is fulfilled in one statement, namely, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” But if you go on biting and devouring one another, beware that you are not consumed by one another. I say, then: live by the Spirit and you will certainly not gratify the desire of the flesh. For the flesh has desires against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; these are opposed to each other, so that you may not do what you want. But if you are guided by the Spirit, you are not under the law. Now the works of the flesh are obvious: immorality, impurity, licentiousness, idolatry, sorcery, hatreds, rivalry, jealousy, outbursts of fury, acts of selfishness, dissensions, factions, occasions of envy, drinking bouts, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. In contrast, the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. Now those who belong to Christ [Jesus] have crucified their flesh with its passions and desires. If we live in the Spirit, let us also follow the Spirit. Let us not be conceited, provoking one another, envious of one another.”

Upvote 0

Faulty

bind on pick up
Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well then you should read all of Galatians.

Besides I was not asking anyone to read what I say, but what Jesus said to us.

(Galations 5:13-26)”For you were called for freedom, brothers.But do not use this freedom as an opportunity for the flesh; rather, serveone another through love. For the whole lawis fulfilled in one statement, namely, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” But if you go on biting and devouring one another, beware that you are not consumed by one another. I say, then: live by the Spirit and you will certainly not gratify the desire of the flesh.For the flesh has desires against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; these are opposed to each other, so that you may not do what you want. But if you are guided by the Spirit, you are not under the law. Now the works of the flesh are obvious: immorality, impurity, licentiousness, idolatry, sorcery, hatreds, rivalry, jealousy, outbursts of fury, acts of selfishness, dissensions, factions, occasions of envy,drinking bouts, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. In contrast, the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. Now those who belong to Christ [Jesus] have crucified their flesh with its passions and desires. If we live in the Spirit, let us also follow the Spirit.Let us not be conceited, provoking one another, envious of one another.”

Oh, I have read it. I actually read the whole thing yesterday, and I don't appreciate you ripping it apart to take verses out of context to make them say what you want them to say, then ignoring the others that say something different than you claim.

You habitually do violence to the word of God.

Those who "DO" these things you mention, are practicing such things habitually. You'll attack me personally for this like all the other times, but let me help a bit.

"they which do" (v21), is the word prasso, Strong's defines it as such "a primary verb; to &#8220;practise&#8221;, i.e. perform repeatedly or habitually (thus differing from <G4160> (poieo), which properly refers to a single act)"

This is why Peter can sin in chapter 2 of Galatians, and still be forgiven. It's a single sin, not a lifestyle and by the definition of the scripture you provided, he's in no danger whatsoever of not inheriting the Kingdom due to his singular sin.

Like it or not, your own quotes provide much needed forgivness for the sins of even spiritual believers (like Peter).

Upvote 0

Giver

Sep 12, 2005
USA - North Carolina
✟8,112.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Others
Oh, I have read it. I actually read the whole thing yesterday, and I don't appreciate you ripping it apart to take verses out of context to make them say what you want them to say, then ignoring the others that say something different than you claim.

You habitually do violence to the word of God.

Those who "DO" these things you mention, are practicing such things habitually. You'll attack me personally for this like all the other times, but let me help a bit.

"they which do" (v21), is the word prasso, Strong's defines it as such "a primary verb; to &#8220;practise&#8221;, i.e. perform repeatedly or habitually (thus differing from <G4160> (poieo), which properly refers to a single act)"

This is why Peter can sin in chapter 2 of Galatians, and still be forgiven. It's a single sin, not a lifestyle and by the definition of the scripture you provided, he's in no danger whatsoever of not inheriting the Kingdom due to his singular sin.

Like it or not, your own quotes provide much needed forgivness for the sins of even spiritual believers (like Peter).
So I took scripture out of context did I? Show me, and don&#8217;t use some
amateur&#8217;s translation to do so. When people have to change the wording of scripture to prove their point it has no validation.

Also if your translation were correct then it would make Hebrews a contradiction. You should notice Hebrews say any sin.

(Hebrews 10:26-31) &#8220;If, after we have been given knowledge of the truth, we should deliberately commit any sins, then there is no longer any sacrifice for them. There is left only the dreadful prospect of judgment and of the fiery wrath that is to devour your enemies.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forge3

Forge
Aug 26, 2009
Toronto
✟13,441.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
We fall and God calls us back and helps us rise again if we are willing. The one unforgiveable sin is against the Holy Spirit though I am not sure what that could be. The idea here is that a disciple or Child of God strives to live a spotless life but we fall. I work with people that have addictions and if they try even with prayer but after awhile fall again do you think they are damned. Some keep on trying and the success rate or total abstinence for alcoholics and drug addicts is not high. Yet if they do not give up and have times of sobriety I and my colleagues continue to encourage and support. In fact even when they have lost hope and feed their addictions we continue to work with them. Is Jesus less loving toward sinners?

Upvote 0

Giver

Sep 12, 2005
USA - North Carolina
✟8,112.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Others
Jesus came to defeat Satan/sin. He gave us his Holy Spirit and grace to teach us to live the whole Word of God. If people chose to live as the Holy Spirit guides they will receive the grace to live, as God would have him or her live.

(1 John 3:8) “He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work”

People have a choice, and it they refuse to accept what God has to offer, then they will be judge under the Law.

(Galations 5:13-26)”For you were called for freedom, brothers. But do not use this freedom as an opportunity for the flesh; rather, serve one another through love. For the whole law is fulfilled in one statement, namely, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” But if you go on biting and devouring one another, beware that you are not consumed by one another. I say, then: live by the Spirit and you will certainly not gratify the desire of the flesh. For the flesh has desires against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; these are opposed to each other, so that you may not do what you want. But if you are guided by the Spirit, you are not under the law. Now the works of the flesh are obvious: immorality, impurity, licentiousness, idolatry, sorcery, hatreds, rivalry, jealousy, outbursts of fury, acts of selfishness, dissensions, factions, occasions of envy, drinking bouts, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. In contrast, the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. Now those who belong to Christ [Jesus] have crucified their flesh with its passions and desires. If we live in the Spirit, let us also follow the Spirit. Let us not be conceited, provoking one another, envious of one another.”

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Faulty

bind on pick up
Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So I took scripture out of context did I? Show me, and don’t use some
amateur’s translation to do so. When people have to change the wording of scripture to prove their point it has no validation.

This is what I meant by the personal attack I knew was coming, because it always does. And to correct your next statement, it isn't my translation. I told you the source of the translation clearly in my post. It's still there if you need to reference it.

Also if your translation were correct then it would make Hebrews a contradiction. You should notice Hebrews say any sin.
(Hebrews 10:26-31) “If, after we have been given knowledge of the truth, we should deliberately commit any sins, then there is no longer any sacrifice for them. There is left only the dreadful prospect of judgment and of the fiery wrath that is to devour your enemies.

These verses?
For if we go on sinning deliberately after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, but a fearful expectation of judgment, and a fury of fire that will consume the adversaries.
Heb 10:26-27
I don't see any contradiction here. If fact, I see perfect harmony with the rest of scriptures.

Upvote 0

Giver

Sep 12, 2005
USA - North Carolina
✟8,112.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Others
[/font][/size]

This is what I meant by the personal attack I knew was coming, because it always does. And to correct your next statement, it isn't my translation. I told you the source of the translation clearly in my post. It's still there if you need to reference it.

These verses?
For if we go on sinning deliberately after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, but a fearful expectation of judgment, and a fury of fire that will consume the adversaries.
Heb 10:26-27
I don't see any contradiction here. If fact, I see perfect harmony with the rest of scriptures.

(1 John 3:8) “He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work”

Upvote 0

Giver

Sep 12, 2005
USA - North Carolina
✟8,112.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Others
Jesus was talking to spirit filled Christians who did not live the Word of God. Jesus told these Christians that they were evil.

You can believe that Jesus loves you even if you don’t obey him, but he is not your brother, and you will not go to Heaven with him, because he knows you are evil.

(Matthew 7:21-23)

Matthew 12:48-50) “Who is my mother? Who are my brothers? And stretching out his hand towards his disciples he said, ‘Here are my mother and my brothers. Anyone who does the will of my Father in heaven, he is my brother and sister and mother.”

John told us that if one sins he or she is of Satan. Think can one be of God, one minute and of the devil the next, and then be of God again the next minute? Do you really believe that Jesus/Father are going to just leave a home they made every time a person invites Satan in to the home by sinning?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Giver

Sep 12, 2005
USA - North Carolina
✟8,112.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Others
You're gonna be in a great deal of shock to find people who sinned in Heaven, and you'll be saying "You mean God forgives even people I don't like?"

Yup, He does indeed.
Well you shared your opinion, and that is positive.

You know I have a hard time coming up with people who I don’t like. There are some whom I don’t care for what they do, but I still like them.

Upvote 0

Alive_Again

Resident Alien
Sep 16, 2010
✟12,991.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Both Paul's and Jesus' words are both true. The "law" spoken of in Galatians is the law of ordinances.

Let's look at this again...

But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed. For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision. And the other Jews dissembled likewise with him; insomuch that Barnabas also was carried away with their dissimulation. But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?
Gal 2:11-14

They didn't eat with the Gentiles after the "Jews" and a religious spirit entered into the scene. We're no longer commanded to be circumcised in the flesh as the law of ordinances prescribes.

O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?
Gal 3:1-3

The key here is "perfected by the flesh". The works are of the flesh.

But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.
Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman. So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman, but of the free.
Gal 4:29-31

Even though Peter was a man of the Spirit, in this case he acted like the "bondwoman". The religious spirit objects to the walk of liberty.

Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing. For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law. Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.
Gal 5:2-4

Circumcision according to the law. Now it is done in the heart.

For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another. This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would. But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
Gal 5:14-18

Guess what? If you're not led of the Spirit, you're not fulfilling the righteous spirit of the law. You're under the law. It's right there. IF and the counter to that is you're under law, because the law was given because of transgressions. It won't pass away, not one jot or tittle until it is fulfilled.

Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.
Gal 6:7-8

It's all about what you sow and reap. No getting around it.

For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature
. And as many as walk according to this rule, peace be on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God.
Gal 6:15-16

Back to this scripture..

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock. And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.
Matt 7:21-27

If you're not doing the will of God, you're working iniquity. If you're not walking in the Spirit (doing the will of God), you're under law, because you're working iniquity. If you're not doing the sayings of Jesus, you're not doing the will of the Father, because they are His commands. Great will be the fall of your house if you don't repent.

If you're walking in the Spirit, you're not under law. If you're doing the sayings of Jesus, you're house will stand. We're not redeemed from walking in love. It's what we do to enter into life. We can only "do" it because of the working of grace, by His Spirit.

Flesh - corruption
Spirit - life everlasting --- It's your choice.

Upvote 0

Alive_Again

Resident Alien
Sep 16, 2010
✟12,991.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Here's a smaller version of all that was just said, because it's vital for everyone to understand that we're not redeemed from walking in love, by the Spirit, only by grace.

We're only redeemed from the law of ordinances.

God receives us without works, but He expects the fruits of repentance and faith and He can raise up sons from the stones.

... Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? Gal 3
.. having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh? Gal 3
... if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing. Gal 5
... Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law Gal 5

This is the law of ordinances we ARE redeemed from.

... For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love Gal 5

This is what we're still required to do. Any mention in the Word of fulfilling God's commandments for the New Covenant believer is now referring to walking in love.

... Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. Gal 5
... of the Spirit, ye are not under the law. Gal 5
... Be not deceived; God is not mocked: Gal 6
... whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. Gal 6
... he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; Gal 6
... he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.Gal 6

Our works are consider sowing. We'll reap a harvest based on our deeds. (Like a dozen other scriptures say.)

... Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom Matt 7
... but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Matt 7
... I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. Matt 7
... every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, Matt 7
... And the rain..the floods...the winds...and it fell Matt 7
... great was the fall of it. Matt 7

We're not redeemed from walking in love.

Flesh - corruption
Spirit - life everlasting --- It's your choice.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mjere

Sep 20, 2012
New York, New York
✟7,848.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You're gonna be in a great deal of shock to find people who sinned in Heaven, and you'll be saying "You mean God forgives even people I don't like?"

Yup, He does indeed.

I agree.

I think Satan's biggest deception was to get Christians embracing the Law as if it was ever meant to set people free.

"God, thank you for giving me rules 1-1000 to please you. I'll try harder now that I have Jesus."

Romans 5:20 really hits the nail on the head, "Moreover the law entered that the offense might abound. But where sin abounded, grace abounded much more, so that as sin reigned in death, even so grace might reign through righteousness to eternal life through Jesus Christ out Lord."

Upvote 0