When should a guy start looking into dating?

Conclusive

Apr 30, 2020
Ontario
✟21,385.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Single
*For the full picture read 1 Corinthians 7:25-40*

But a few pieces to take home -

"I think that in view of the present distress it is good for a person to remain as he is. Are you bound to a wife? Do not seek to be free. Are you free from a wife? Do not seek a wife." vs 26-27

"I want you to be free from anxieties. The unmarried man is anxious about the things of the Lord, how to please the Lord. But the married man is anxious about worldly things, how to please his wife, and his interests are divided." vs 32-34a

Every Christian should be careful where his focus (interests) lie. If God comes first in your life, but providentially leads you to meet someone equally dedicated to him, you have reason to give thanks. Realistically speaking guys look to date as is normal to humanity. Men wish to begin a family, wish to find love, all reasons which are not evil. But discretion should be used in every situation so that the gifts of God are not made perverse. Spend time in the word, don't be one of those guys who is constantly on the hunt. If God has set aside someone for you to marry than he will surely provide a method in which you to meet. In summary, don't actively look, but work on yourself... No matter how cheesy that sounds, you will find unlimited happiness through Christ who has set us free. Look to scripture for direction in even the most basic aspects of life.

Upvote 0

Z. Robert

Dec 21, 2021
Chicago
✟17,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you are happy, I’d focus on serving the Lord for now. Pray, and trust that God will find the right person for you.

1 Corinthians 7:32-33 (KJV) 32 But I would have you without carefulness. He that is unmarried careth for the things that belong to the Lord, how he may please the Lord: 33 But he that is married careth for the things that are of the world, how he may please his wife.

But, that doesn’t discourage marriage, if you find someone you love then: Proverbs 18:22 (KJV) Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the LORD.

Upvote 0