Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Psalm 28:1-3 ESV

“To you, O Lord, I call;
my rock, be not deaf to me,
lest, if you be silent to me,
I become like those who go down to the pit.
Hear the voice of my pleas for mercy,
when I cry to you for help,
when I lift up my hands
toward your most holy sanctuary.
Do not drag me off with the wicked,
with the workers of evil,
who speak peace with their neighbors
while evil is in their hearts.”

Do you ever feel like God is not hearing your prayers? That he is not listening to you? Does it seem like he is being silent, and that he is not responding? When you experience such feelings, do you feel lost, alone, abandoned, confused, and distressed, not knowing which way to go?

If you are experiencing that now, do not surrender to those feelings, for they are just feelings unless, of course, you are not a child of God by faith in Jesus Christ or you are deserting your Lord by living in sin and in adultery and idolatry against him.

If you are not a true follower of Jesus, then you need to first trust in the Lord Jesus for your salvation from sin, by faith in him, repenting of your sin and choosing to now surrender your life to him and to walk in obedience to his commands, following him in his ways (Rom 6:1-23; Rom 8:1-17).

If you are a believer in Jesus but you have fallen back into sin and thus you are living in adultery against your Lord, then you need to turn away from that sin (repent) and turn back to walking in the ways of the Lord in obedience to the Lord’s commands and in surrender to the Lordship of Jesus.

Then, make your appeal to the Lord in prayer, and if you do not hear him immediately, wait on him to answer, and walk by faith and not by sight. Trust that he is there, and that he has not abandoned you, and live by that faith and not by what you are feeling.

Don’t give in to the enemy whose goal is to defeat you and to destroy your faith in the Lord Jesus. Don’t let your emotions get the best of you or overtake you to the point to where you lose faith, or you give up in despair. Remember that feelings can be so deceiving. So, trust the Word of God.

Psalm 28:6-9 ESV

“Blessed be the Lord!
For he has heard the voice of my pleas for mercy.
The Lord is my strength and my shield;
in him my heart trusts, and I am helped;
my heart exults,
and with my song I give thanks to him.
The Lord is the strength of his people;
he is the saving refuge of his anointed.
Oh, save your people and bless your heritage!
Be their shepherd and carry them forever.”

The Lord is not deaf to the cries of his holy ones in whom is his delight. He hears our prayers, but that doesn’t mean he is always going to give us an immediate answer. Sometimes his response is “wait,” or it is “trust me,” or it is “I am doing something here that you can’t see.”

So, if our trust is in him, and if we are walking in his ways, and in his truth, and he is the desire of our hearts, then we must believe he is who he says he is, that he is completely sovereign, and that he is working things out for good for us who love (obey) him (Rom 8:28).

We must believe he is in control of our circumstances and that nothing escapes his notice, and nothing surprises him, either, for he is God. So, we may be surprised by things going on in our lives, but he isn’t. So, we need to rest in him and in his love through whatever we are going through.

So, we may pray, and we may feel he is not listening, and we may not see an answer immediately, but as we keep trusting and resting in him we begin to see things coming together, and we begin to understand why things are happening the way that they are.

And, then we begin to sense his intervention in our lives, and we can see that his mercy was at work even when we couldn’t see it. And our faith is strengthened, and our eyes are opened to a greater understanding of how God works in our lives, and so we learn to trust him more.

So, we thank him, and we praise him for his goodness to us and for answering our cries for mercy. And we thank him that he is our strength and our song and our present help to meet us in all our needs.

And, then we are able to encourage our brothers and sisters in Christ with the same encouragement that we received from the Lord (2 Co 1:1-7).

Believe Him

An Original Work / July 15, 2013

My heart cries: Lord, won’t You hear me
Seeking You for the answers
To my heartache and questions
I have concerning my life?
Speak, Lord, to me right now.

“Oh, dear one, why don’t you trust Me
With your life’s circumstances?
Give your all on the altar
In submission of your will
To My purpose for you.