✟27,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What do?
Keep going until death? If we sons of God have to suffer, we are just half-dead walking through the narrow path. Why other believers have fancy lives, and they are such sinners like us?

I understand God is sovereign, but if we lift our voice, something can change!
What do?
Keep going until death? If we sons of God have to suffer, we are just half-dead walking through the narrow path. Why other believers have fancy lives, and they are such sinners like us?

I understand God is sovereign, but if we lift our voice, something can change!

You do understand that whether you have riches or you have none is no reflection on either God or your standing with Him. We are ALL sinners, fallen men and women who have done nothing to gain the redemption God has given us freely, specifically He has imputed to His own the righteousness of Christ without which are still lost in sin. To think suffering is new or not common to the Christian is to believe the false teaching that Christians are to be healthy wealthy and wise. That was a humanistic teaching by Mr. Franklin, not the teaching of Christ. To think suffering makes one half dead decries the facts of the New Testament. The disciples suffered many times, to the death of all save one. Horrible deaths for some. But like Stephen in suffering and in death we can lift our eyes towards the heavens and declare the presence of Christ. You seem to equate worldy success with spiritual success. I am not sure what you want to change as this is the duty and path of those who follow Christ. The Bible does not say take up your cross and follow lightly. In life, in death, in success, in failure, in good health, in bad health, in happiness and in sorrow, praise the name of Christ the Lord.

Upvote 0

CaspianSails

Jan 30, 2019
Washington DC metro area
✟27,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He let others defeat me
He put me on my knees
In front of my adversaries,
For what reason?
I don't want to know
I want to be happy
And living on this earth
I will never get that.

At least in closing you understand that happiness is not earned, it is not based on our plight. It is from God. To know happiness one must know and walk in submission to the Christ.

Upvote 0

lambofgod43985889

of christian forum
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
temuco
✟155,137.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
You do understand that whether you have riches or you have none is no reflection on either God or your standing with Him. We are ALL sinners, fallen men and women who have done nothing to gain the redemption God has given us freely, specifically He has imputed to His own the righteousness of Christ without which are still lost in sin. To think suffering is new or not common to the Christian is to believe the false teaching that Christians are to be healthy wealthy and wise. That was a humanistic teaching by Mr. Franklin, not the teaching of Christ. To think suffering makes one half dead decries the facts of the New Testament. The disciples suffered many times, to the death of all save one. Horrible deaths for some. But like Stephen in suffering and in death we can lift our eyes towards the heavens and declare the presence of Christ. You seem to equate worldy success with spiritual success. I am not sure what you want to change as this is the duty and path of those who follow Christ. The Bible does not say take up your cross and follow lightly. In life, in death, in success, in failure, in good health, in bad health, in happiness and in sorrow, praise the name of Christ the Lord.
for a believer, this is the first they hear

Upvote 0

lambofgod43985889

of christian forum
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
temuco
✟155,137.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
At least in closing you understand that happiness is not earned, it is not based on our plight. It is from God. To know happiness one must know and walk in submission to the Christ.
things could be called basic, but it's not wrong; it's what you have.

Upvote 0