xristos.anesti

Veteran
Jul 2, 2005
✟10,525.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
As an answer on the question of the OP - I always thought that the Church started on Pentecost.

Exodus is symbol of the Christian Church - just as they left their slavery through the baptism of exodus so do we leave our slavery through the exodus of baptism.

Also, I think that the people of the Exodus were indeed mixed.

Many years.

Upvote 0

IamAdopted

Nov 22, 2006
South Carolina
✟18,557.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
As an answer on the question of the OP - I always thought that the Church started on Pentecost.

Exodus is symbol of the Christian Church - just as they left their slavery through the baptism of exodus so do we leave our slavery through the exodus of baptism.

Also, I think that the people of the Exodus were indeed mixed.

Many years.
Some here believe that the church started at the point of Moses..What do you mean mixed can you please expound on that for me?

Upvote 0

Messianic Jewboy

Senior Veteran
Dec 17, 2006
Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
✟12,170.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Some here believe that the church started at the point of Moses..What do you mean mixed can you please expound on that for me?

Then the children of Israel journeyed from Rameses to Succoth, about six hundred thousand men on foot, besides children. 38 A mixed multitude went up with them also, and flocks and herds—a great deal of livestock

Marc

Upvote 0

IamAdopted

Nov 22, 2006
South Carolina
✟18,557.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Then the children of Israel journeyed from Rameses to Succoth, about six hundred thousand men on foot, besides children. 38 A mixed multitude went up with them also, and flocks and herds—a great deal of livestock

Marc
Chapter please.. :)

Upvote 0

xristos.anesti

Veteran
Jul 2, 2005
✟10,525.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Some here believe that the church started at the point of Moses..

I would not agree - I was always taught that Descent of the Holy Paraclete upon the Holy Apostles in the upper room was the moment of the birth of the Christian Church - thus we celebrate the Pentecost as the feast of the establishment of the Church.

What do you mean mixed can you please expound on that for me?

I was under impression that other peoples left the Misir together with the Jews - that is what I meant "mixed". But don't quote me on it. :)

Upvote 0

IamAdopted

Nov 22, 2006
South Carolina
✟18,557.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I would not agree - I was always taught that Descent of the Holy Paraclete upon the Holy Apostles in the upper room was the moment of the birth of the Christian Church - thus we celebrate the Pentecost as the feast of the establishment of the Church.

I was under impression that other peoples left the Misir together with the Jews - that is what I meant "mixed". But don't quote me on it. :)
LOL.. I may be wrong for sure also.. LOL.. That is why I am asking.. Waiting for the chapter and verse of this.. :) With the mixed that is.. The Church was born on the day of Pentecost as written but some do not believe this.. :)

Upvote 0

Messianic Jewboy

Senior Veteran
Dec 17, 2006
Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
✟12,170.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
LOL.. I may be wrong for sure also.. LOL.. That is why I am asking.. Waiting for the chapter and verse of this.. :) With the mixed that is.. The Church was born on the day of Pentecost as written but some do not believe this.. :)

It depends on what your definition of church is.

Church in Greek means assembly. Church is also used in the Septuagint, the Old Testament translated into Greek.

Marc

Upvote 0

xristos.anesti

Veteran
Jul 2, 2005
✟10,525.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

A mixed multitude went up with them also, and flocks and herds—a great deal of livestock. (Ex 12, 38.)

Also, I can not do much about people who beleive otherwise.

:wave:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

IamAdopted

Nov 22, 2006
South Carolina
✟18,557.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
A mixed multitude went up with them also, and flocks and herds—a great deal of livestock. (Ex 12, 38.)

Also, I can not do much about people who beleive otherwise.

:wave:
Thank you so much you two for the scriptures..I cant either that is why I thought it would be a good discussion...

Upvote 0

xristos.anesti

Veteran
Jul 2, 2005
✟10,525.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Thank you so much you two for the scriptures..I cant either that is why I thought it would be a good discussion...

In the East we had - in the early days - two catechetical schools - that of Alexandria and Antioch.

Alexandria emphasised the ALLEGORICAL approach in interpretation of the Holy Scriptures while Antioch used more LITERAL.

Anyway, Alexandrians always had "a field day" when it comes to Exodus and its relations not only for the Jews of old but for the Church - so do not feel bad.

Exodus is a very interesting subject - especially when you start thinking of symbolism.

Many years.

Upvote 0

IamAdopted

Nov 22, 2006
South Carolina
✟18,557.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Was this mixed crowd talking about the sons of Isreal or that there was more than just men..That there was mix of woman and Men..

Exo 12:37 Now the sons of Israel journeyed from Rameses to Succoth, about six hundred thousand men on foot, aside from children.
Exo 12:38 A mixed multitude also went up with them, along with flocks and herds, a very large number of livestock.

Upvote 0

xristos.anesti

Veteran
Jul 2, 2005
✟10,525.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Was this mixed crowd talking about the sons of Isreal or that there was more than just men..That there was mix of woman and Men..

Exo 12:37 Now the sons of Israel journeyed from Rameses to Succoth, about six hundred thousand men on foot, aside from children.
Exo 12:38 A mixed multitude also went up with them, along with flocks and herds, a very large number of livestock.

It could be, I just never understood it to be so - that is - that is mixed in regard to sex. But, it could be.

The reason is, I can't remember where and when, but I am sure I read somewhere that it relates to other peoples - but, I am nearly 32 and my memory is not as good as it used to be.

^_^

Upvote 0

Markea

Aug 3, 2005
✟6,561.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The Lord said that He would build His church... although the temple of His body would first be crucified so that we could then be living stones built up as a part of that resurrected body, simply by trusting in His ultimate sacrifice.

The NT teaches us that the church of God is a habitation of God through the SPIRIT.. built upon the FOUNDATION of the Apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ being its chief cornerstone.. although John writes that the SPIRIT was not yet given because He had not yet been glorified..

[bible]John 7:39[/bible]

The Revelation affirms this exact thing.. in its 21st chapter.. that the city had twelve foundations and they were the names of the Apostles of the Lamb.

The Israel of God is not the church of God.. one is earthly, the other is heavenly.

[bible]John 3:12[/bible]

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

IamAdopted

Nov 22, 2006
South Carolina
✟18,557.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It could be, I just never understood it to be so - that is - that is mixed in regard to sex. But, it could be.

The reason is, I can't remember where and when, but I am sure I read somewhere that it relates to other peoples - but, I am nearly 32 and my memory is not as good as it used to be.

^_^
LOL Well it says in the scripture that they were all the sons of Isreal. So if they were all the sons of Isreal then how could they be mixed as in some sons of Isreal and some not of the sons of Isreal. So I am leaning towards mixed as in Male ,female and He also mentions children..

Upvote 0

IamAdopted

Nov 22, 2006
South Carolina
✟18,557.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The Lord said that He would build His church... although the temple of His body would first be crucified so that we could then be living stones built up as a part of that resurrected body, simply by trusting in His ultimate sacrifice.

The NT teaches us that the church of God is a habitation of God through the SPIRIT.. built upon the FOUNDATION of the Apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ being its chief cornerstone.. although John writes that the SPIRIT was not yet given because He had not yet been glorified..

[bible]John 7:39[/bible]

The Revelation affirms this exact thing.. in its 21st chapter.. that the city had twelve foundations and they were the names of the Apostles of the Lamb.

The Israel of God is not the church of God.. one is earthly, the other is heavenly.

[bible]John 3:12[/bible]
Amen and amen.. :)

Upvote 0

xristos.anesti

Veteran
Jul 2, 2005
✟10,525.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
LOL Well it says in the scripture that they were all the sons of Isreal. So if they were all the sons of Isreal then how could they be mixed as in some sons of Isreal and some not of the sons of Isreal. So I am leaning towards mixed as in Male ,female and He also mentions children..

That is fair enough - it could be the case, I will see if I can dig out anything in this regard - currently I am not sure, but am leaning towards what I said (of course, could it be otherwise? ^_^ ).

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.